• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

goodwince

Challenge Thread - Goodwince, Bring on the Lifts!

Greetings Warriors! I’m transitioning here from the adventurers!

Weight Training - Fitness

I’m building back up on everything after being off for two weeks and definitely losing some muscle because I was sick for most of it. Salmonella poisoning. I was still tired so I definitely didn’t feel like trying to lift.

I’ll update here with my numbers. I considered doing a 12 week cycle to get up to even higher numbers to match my current diet plan of 12 weeks, but I’m going to transition into 7 weeks. I started last week so that would let me end at the end of the challenge. Hopefully I can hit slightly higher than my last PR from last 6 week challenge.

This challenge marks the return of my BB squatting! I couldn’t squat for so long because I hurt my hip flexor. It took four forevers to recover. Now that PR should be interesting.

I’ll post back with my numbers later. Work time.

Update*

• Squat - 200 (5x3)
  • Bench Press - 210 (5x3)
  • DeadLift - 275 (5x1)
  • Shoulder Press - 170 (5x3)
  • Power Clean - 160 (3x5)

Update x2* - Laini's goals were too high for me to not raise mine as well. If she's willing to be off for six weeks and then try to catch up I'm willing to attempt after my sickness.*

• Squat - 200 (5x3)
  • Bench Press - 220 (5x3)
  • DeadLift - 290 (5x1)
  • Shoulder Press - 175 (5x3)
  • Power Clean - 180 (3x5)

See if I get beat by some girl. *pouts* :P

Ab Ripper X - 4x over the six weeks (it mainly focuses on hip flexors so it should be really good for my weakness)

Foam Roll x 3

LeanGains - Diet

If you don’t know what LG is, its macro cycling on workout days vs. rest days. My macros are this. To make life easier and not have to worry about how much food when. LG is an 8 hour window for food. I generally eat between 1300-2100.

Protein (P), Carbs ©, Fat (F)

Training Day Food - 3 days a week. High Carb, LOW fat.

P: 160

C: 320

F: 40

Non-Training Day Food - 4 Days a Week. Low Carb, HighER fat.

P: 180

C: 50

F: 72

My hardest part of this is Diet Adherence. I’m going to contemplate on how to make this challenge more workable on the adherence part. My biggest issue is weekends with the girlfriend. We end up hanging out with her friends and that throws off my diet. Or us trying to line up what we eat together while I’m plain and simple. I could easily eat chicken/meat and broccoli every day.

Then there’s drinking. I’m probably going to not drink in cycles. 4 weeks off. Just to prove I can. I just enjoy social drinking so it’ll be tough, but if I do it in intervals then maybe I can find I don’t need it. I generally only drink with the girlfriend and her friends so it should be 2 days max that I’m avoiding it.

Videos - Fitness Technique

Take videos of myself working out. Basically I want to start recording my weight training to ensure critique my own form. I know that looking into mirrors while lifting isn’t the best idea so I can just make conscious effort after looking later at my form.

Another issue with this is adherence. Sure taking videos is nice, but I need to study them and look at what I could do differently.

Update later with SMART goals.

EDIT* My smart goals are to watch one a week and critique.

Schedule

1. Squat

2. Power Clean

3. Shoulder Press

4. Bench Press

5. Deadlift

Life Lesson

I know.. I know.. its nerdFITNESS, but I wish that I could have more life goals and less fitness haha. The next month is going to be a busy one for me. I’m going to probably be laid off and I want to transition into something I love. Discovering what I love is tough! But I have ideas of directions I want to go in. I have soo much going on. I’ll definitely be updating this with more achievable life goal.

My goal is going to be learning the .NET MVC framework. I found a MVC 2 framework book. I'm going to work through it and get an adequat response from this startup group so I can start working on a project with them. No money involved, but it'll be funny! Job potential soon though! So basically if I learn enough in the book and implement enough. I can bring it over to the guys and see if they think I'm ready to work in the framework with them.

While the goal will be finishing up that book. I'm also looking for a job because my job is ending soon. Got till September. So I'll be applying! I also have Startup Weekend San Diego to attend. Should be a great time. Hopefully there will be some intermingling so maybe I can find a job with a startup. I want to be go to my first choice, but side work in the mean-time can't hurt to make ends meet.

Stats

Once I do my updates I'll adjust my stats accordingly.

Weight Training - STR 4

Lean Gains / Drink once every 4 weeks - CHA 5

Videos - CON 2 / WIS 2

Life Lesson - WIS 2

Edited by goodwince

Yay finally your challenge thread! I like the video idea. The first time I took a video of myself working out it was a terrible realization that I absolutely was sucking :P. Then I fixed myself... twice... but still! They definitely help in the long run :).

And you want more life goals? Life goals are usually the hardest ones for me. Try not to jump into something you don't think you love.. take the time to figure it out, cause if you have time you should use it! I hope you find something you do love though, there's no point to living a life you don't love to live.. (hence my change of everything, too, haha).

Subscribed and looking forward to having you in the warriors guild!!

Hey man, found you finally! Goals are looking good. And I know you, you are gonna kill your old PRs even after being sick for 2 weeks. And I know how pumped you are about squats too! Looking forward to another challenge with ya man! Check me out over in the rangers when you get a chance!

Welcome to the warriors, probably the best guild ever. It's nice to have another person relatively new to LG's. If you are worried about drinking. There is an article by Martin himself that talks about how it's okay to drink and what steps to take on the day to prepare. It's just settin up your macros differently. If your interested I can find the link and post it here. Anyway good luck

Yay finally your challenge thread! I like the video idea. The first time I took a video of myself working out it was a terrible realization that I absolutely was sucking :P. Then I fixed myself... twice... but still! They definitely help in the long run :).

And you want more life goals? Life goals are usually the hardest ones for me. Try not to jump into something you don't think you love.. take the time to figure it out, cause if you have time you should use it! I hope you find something you do love though, there's no point to living a life you don't love to live.. (hence my change of everything, too, haha).

Subscribed and looking forward to having you in the warriors guild!!

Thanks Laini, I'll have to check out the your challenge! Now! Boom! I feel at this point I've got the degree I wanted, but I just got to find the job I want. If not I'll just work for myself. I'm done. I'm going to work towards independence, I'm building what I want to build from here on out.

Hey man, found you finally! Goals are looking good. And I know you, you are gonna kill your old PRs even after being sick for 2 weeks. And I know how pumped you are about squats too! Looking forward to another challenge with ya man! Check me out over in the rangers when you get a chance!

Thanks for finding me I'm about to post to my other thread for anyone else who might be interested! Yeah I'm still trying to decide if my PRs are high enough lol.

Welcome to the warriors, probably the best guild ever. It's nice to have another person relatively new to LG's. If you are worried about drinking. There is an article by Martin himself that talks about how it's okay to drink and what steps to take on the day to prepare. It's just settin up your macros differently. If your interested I can find the link and post it here. Anyway good luck

Yes sir. I've read the article, but I have to be honest. I can drink a boatload and my friends are fish apparently too lol. I updated the top to say that I'll drink once every four weeks. This weekend taught me it was time to cut back. I've been sick too much lately (not from drinking) so I'm on a new page as far as this challenge goes!

Glad to see someone else adhering to the LG. I'll check out your thread.

I plan to post on my mess-ups so people can scold me. I don't want no "aw, better next time".

Thought I should check in......seeing you are a big Warrior now!

Awesome workout, diet & life goals, luv your positive attitude & of course I will be checking in regularly :)

Also, one day we will have a drinks session with your mate elefevers, one day....

Edited by 70Kel

Welcome to the Warriors Goodwince! I am also relatively new to LG - I started the transition into it last challenge. I love your goals.

Ab Ripper X focuses on hip flexors? I need to focus on my hip flexors. *makes mental note to check out Ab Ripper X very soon*

What other sorts of hip stuff have you been doing?

Yes sir. I've read the article, but I have to be honest. I can drink a boatload and my friends are fish apparently too lol. I updated the top to say that I'll drink once every four weeks. This weekend taught me it was time to cut back. I've been sick too much lately (not from drinking) so I'm on a new page as far as this challenge goes!

Fellow LG'er as well!

I know what you mean about drinking like fish. Having a "couple" on weekends with my group doesn't exist. It's hard party.

Thought I should check in......seeing you are a big Warrior now!

Awesome workout, diet & life goals, luv your positive attitude & of course I will be checking in regularly :)

Also, one day we will have a drinks session with your mate elefevers, one day....

Thanks for checking in with me now 70Kel. I updated my goals just because you made a remark :P

That'd be awesome. Might need multiple drinks trips because everyone lives in cool places haha.

Welcome to the Warriors Goodwince! I am also relatively new to LG - I started the transition into it last challenge. I love your goals.

Ab Ripper X focuses on hip flexors? I need to focus on my hip flexors. *makes mental note to check out Ab Ripper X very soon*

What other sorts of hip stuff have you been doing?

What's the hardest part for you MirGSS?

Currently I was doing hip raises which made me feel like I was humping air. Not to mention the hole on my 45 pound plate was umm yeah. Anyways. I've done toes to bar and I didn't specifically say it in the challenge, but I'm doing lunges as well.

Fellow LG'er as well!

I know what you mean about drinking like fish. Having a "couple" on weekends with my group doesn't exist. It's hard party.

Arbucks, how long have you been doing LG? Enjoying it? And yeah.. my weekend was filled with drinks there's a million facebook pictures of everyone haha. It was a good time, but I'd of been fine without the drinking. (At least that much) LOL. Luckily I usually just stick to the vodka tonic.

Hahahaha @ new goals. God now I'm gunna feel terrible if you hurt yourself going for the cleans or something cause everyone knows its my fault lol. Don't hurt yourself! Damn looks like we're in for a good challenge, though... If only my legs weren't still jello from yesterday's squat session I'd totally be back at the gym today! (instead I'm doing sprint sessions tonight ugh!)

Oh boy, its onnnnnn :)

Arbucks, how long have you been doing LG? Enjoying it? And yeah.. my weekend was filled with drinks there's a million facebook pictures of everyone haha. It was a good time, but I'd of been fine without the drinking. (At least that much) LOL. Luckily I usually just stick to the vodka tonic.

I've been doing a LG Recomp for the last 3 weeks, but before that had used IF while cutting weight on a static deficit. I personally try to suck back straight whisky when I drink now, Vodka (or gin) and tonics are delic as well!

Hahahaha @ new goals. God now I'm gunna feel terrible if you hurt yourself going for the cleans or something cause everyone knows its my fault lol. Don't hurt yourself! Damn looks like we're in for a good challenge, though... If only my legs weren't still jello from yesterday's squat session I'd totally be back at the gym today! (instead I'm doing sprint sessions tonight ugh!)

Oh boy, its onnnnnn :)

Don't worry. I won't blame you. It's still my ego. You're just my pushing effort. I figure I might as well go bigger since I'm doing LG really serious this go around. Also, I wish my legs were jello after my last lifts.. I didn't even lift that much and I felt like the terminator. Everytime I went to walk it was like a robot. Not to mention getting up from sitting. Every time I cried. I partially did it to myself though. I added a cardboard box to my squats. Basically I found one that's just the right height and I use it by going down and barely touching it with my nether-regions. Forcing myself to fire my glutes. PHEW!

I've been doing a LG Recomp for the last 3 weeks, but before that had used IF while cutting weight on a static deficit. I personally try to suck back straight whisky when I drink now, Vodka (or gin) and tonics are delic as well!

Yeah I've sipped 151 on ice multiple times, but they kept not having it at bars. I guess they don't want people to die? LOL. I'll have to try the whiskey. Oh and isn't IF'ing awesome? It makes sticking to goals way easier for me.

At work today there is a pie party, but I'm not going to partake. I'm going to get a piece and save it for tomorrow because that's my WO day. If I don't want it by then I'll toss it. I believe that in the moment with everyone else it's easy to make that decision to eat it. If I say I want it and save it for tomorrow maybe I'll have the will power to break free. Food is energy and should only be the occasional fun!

Don't worry. I won't blame you. It's still my ego. You're just my pushing effort. I figure I might as well go bigger since I'm doing LG really serious this go around. Also, I wish my legs were jello after my last lifts.. I didn't even lift that much and I felt like the terminator. Everytime I went to walk it was like a robot. Not to mention getting up from sitting. Every time I cried. I partially did it to myself though. I added a cardboard box to my squats. Basically I found one that's just the right height and I use it by going down and barely touching it with my nether-regions. Forcing myself to fire my glutes. PHEW!

Hahaha okay so maybe jello was the wrong word. I like the terminator definition.. I did sprints today on stiff/painful legs and now (surprise!) they are even more stiff and painful! It hurts to sit down! I tried the bench under the butt too for when I really started focusing on squats, and it really helped. Now I just need to get my weight back up there...

Welcome!

I should really take some videos of myself too -- even if I don't post them, it would be helpful to see if there's anything wrong with my form that I can't feel but could see if I was watching.

Hahaha okay so maybe jello was the wrong word. I like the terminator definition.. I did sprints today on stiff/painful legs and now (surprise!) they are even more stiff and painful! It hurts to sit down! I tried the bench under the butt too for when I really started focusing on squats, and it really helped. Now I just need to get my weight back up there...

I gotta get my weight back up there lol. Robot legs is something that I fight with after my muscle workouts. Jello legs was something I fought with after training for a half marathon haha.

Welcome!

I should really take some videos of myself too -- even if I don't post them, it would be helpful to see if there's anything wrong with my form that I can't feel but could see if I was watching.

Thanks for the hearty welcome! I agree. Videos is something I should've done long before now. Here's to starting it off!!

I feel you on the legs of death. I did the 5x5 on squats so i was sore from that, then at my class tonight we did sprints and bodyweight squats. I can hardly move.

That sounds like an epic day elefevers. Good job. Make sure you eat enough because you're aiming for 7 pounds, remember? :P

Pie party!? I didn't know there was parties dedicated to just pies. That's a good way to get around cravings by saving it for a wo day. Gonna have to try that out. Gonna be sipping on some vodka or whiskey this weekend, should be fun with almost no carbs in me

Pie party!? I didn't know there was parties dedicated to just pies. That's a good way to get around cravings by saving it for a wo day. Gonna have to try that out. Gonna be sipping on some vodka or whiskey this weekend, should be fun with almost no carbs in me

Well actually.. it was an paper airplane party that consisted of pie. I dodged the pie though and may make it through today without eating it. Some reason just thinking I can have it tomorrow kept me from even grabbing a piece. Nice. I'd venture to bet it hasn't been completely dodged. Probably some leftover.

Hah. I'll probably avoid the alcohol this weekend, but I've got a huge event planned so I wont' have a lot of time to eat on Fri-Sun.

YAY I found you too.

Just wanted to say that the video idea is awesome. I had done this for a vlog, but then started doing it on a regular basis because I found out, Surprise, my form was far from perfect! It has helped improve my QUALITY of effort. I am sure you will use it to your advantage and KILL your goals! Rock ON!

YAY I found you too.

Just wanted to say that the video idea is awesome. I had done this for a vlog, but then started doing it on a regular basis because I found out, Surprise, my form was far from perfect! It has helped improve my QUALITY of effort. I am sure you will use it to your advantage and KILL your goals! Rock ON!

You did find me! And I found your challenge thread as well! Good start I might add. You should add it to your signature so more people who would like to help you reach your goals can do so more easily! Definitely someone I like to pay attention to!

Worked out yesterday before work because I knew I'd be gone. Good workout! There was some jump roping and foam rolling to warm up, but I didn't really have time to do much else. Just got in the core lifts!

• Barbell Squat +224 pts
    • 45 lb x 5 reps (+36 pts)
    • 70 lb x 3 reps (+34 pts)
    • 95 lb x 2 reps (+34 pts)
    • 120 lb x 3 reps (+48 pts)

[*]Standing Barbell Shoulder Press +473 pts

• 45 lb x 5 reps (+49 pts)
    • 45 lb x 5 reps (+49 pts)
    • 60 lb x 5 reps (+54 pts)
    • 75 lb x 3 reps (+48 pts)
    • 90 lb x 2 reps (+45 pts)
    • 110 lb x 5 reps (+76 pts)

[*]Power Clean +295 pts

• 45 lb x 5 reps (+27 pts)
    • 70 lb x 3 reps (+25 pts)
    • 90 lb x 2 reps (+24 pts)
    • 110 lb x 3 reps (+33 pts)

On a side note, I looked in the mirror and I felt skinnier. I'll have to post a picture showing the difference once I take a new one, but either I'm crazy or there is some definite composition change.

Per your awesome suggestion, I now have the link in my signature!

Pick up something heavy for me!

My heavy picking upperness will have to wait till tomorrow, but I'll think about your request while doing it!

Subscribed. Although I am 100% shamed by your benchpress #s...

Scotticus, I've seen your numbers and there's no shame. I just happen to be really good at the bench press. I'm shorter than you and have shorter reach I'm sure.

Are you not doing a challenge this go around?

Got an interview this morning. At an exercise place to boot!