Raincloak's Smokeless Hash Challenge

Raincloak

Keep working on those pull-ups! You'll get there. Here's NF's article on How to do a pull-up, which you might want to look over if you haven't already.

I reckon chin-ups are worth working on too. I didn't practice pull-ups, I practised chin-ups, and at 8 chin-ups (woot!) I can do 2 pull-ups, after not trying pull-ups for months. Muscles used aren't the same, but there's overlap.

Why not work on some negative pull-ups?

pull-ups, chin-ups, same diff in my book. It's only a matter of hand position, yes? I just like saying "pull-up" better. Chin-up sounds like I'm about to break my face on the bar, which might happen anyway, but no point in tempting fate.

I've done negative pullups, jumping pullups, the whole nine yards. Everything but a real friggin' pullup. And yes I read that article long ago. Soooomeday the pull-up is coming, but the wait is long and aggravating. I did a 90% complete jumping pullup the other day (still having trouble at top and bottom of range), so we are getting close...

not much to report on the fitness front; I have gotten slightly better at running, but it's hard to measure since I haven't actually gone to the track and paced myself, just jogged along with my bag at work. (I have to walk a lot for work, to/from bus stops, on errands, etc.) Today I ate more junk than I should and watched the new Batman movie, which was largely stupid though enjoyable. did a few push-ups and squats and as usual, walked a couple miles.

Only 2 days into the work week and already I'm ready for the weekend; it has been an extreme week around here, with new crises popping up like mushrooms, only not nearly as attractive and tasty. For once I'm not the one in crisis, but guess who gets to put her own life (including her imminent change of residence) on hold while pulling various other butts out of the fire? Yup, that'd be me. It's hard to blame my bosses since they pay me to deal with their shit, but I reserve the right to gripe about a certain lawyer who stored everything important on one computer, and didn't bother to back up the bleeping files.

It's gonna be an interesting month.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

survived the extreme week, only to charge into an extreme weekend. I'm walking and walking like nobody's business, but not having a lot of time for long workouts. Just squeezing in a few pushups and squats here and there during the day. My shoulders hurt like hell from all the loads I'm carrying for work. I need a massage or a chiropractor or something :(

I took in a look in a mirror the other day and decided that last week's bad eating has caught up with me. Resolved to eat better next week. The last few days I've been eating and feeling better, eggs and veggies and etc. I think it does make a difference. Really have got to start packing lunches again. I'm also beginning to suspect peanut butter doesn't agree with me, which is a shame because it's cheap, nonperishable protein, and that is in short supply around here.

lousy, cranky, unpleasant day today. Just started a workout and got interrupted in 5 minutes. Had to deal with a lot of other people's problems which they have somehow managed to make into my problems, and did not get to do anything fun I wanted to do.

I did manage to eat reasonably healthy food. I kind of want a sugary treat to make myself feel better, but I am ignoring available treats because I know they won't really help. Unfortunately, nothing else I can think of around here is likely to help either.

and now it's back to the work week. My jobs are really not that bad, but I find myself wishing I could just run off to the mountains for a few days and not have anyone bother me. But I'm too damn nice and responsible for that (and I have no desire to get busted for auto theft, which it would be, because the car isn't mine...)

Pull-up are really difficult to do, it took me a whole 6 week challenge plus a few more days to manage to do one. In my case it was definitely can or can't. I couldn't do one for weeks, with no improvement in sight (seriously, in my good days I could pull myself on 2cm max) . And then one day, I did one when I couldn't do anything the day before.

It's a really weird and even now I'm still not convinced I can do one until I try :|

So good luck and don't give up. It will happen! But chances are, it will be a surprise :)

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Thanks for the support guys (and/or girls), you're awesome :) Looking back over my posts, they seem very negative, but I think that's largely because I post more when I'm feeling down. Either that or I need to adjust my attitude, which is always a possibility.

In latest news, I seem to have caught ANOTHER damn cold, just a week after getting over one. wtf. Two in one month might be a record for me, I'm normally a very healthy person. At least this one's not as bad as the previous one, but it's making it hard to sleep. I better be immune to anything that's going around this winter, that's all I have to say. In more positive news, Mom promised to make me chicken soup this weekend (bless her heart). Also my cranky boss thanked me for being patient and helpful (yay!)

work week has been okay, but being sick yet again = unfun. Challenge ends Monday and I'm not a whole lot closer to my goals than when I started. phooey. I guess I better haul my butt to the track and see just how far I have to go on that 8:20 mile. Four pull-ups is not gonna happen, I'm still hoping for just one. As for school and daily stretching... don't ask. >.<

Definitely improved the eating habits though. Somehow junk food seems a lot less tempting when you're sick. I still eat it with roughly the same frequency as before, but in smaller quantities. I'm moving in just over a week, so I'm plotting to use the new kitchen as my starting point for a more formal diet overhaul.

I donated blood two days ago, so had to put off next upper-body workout. We'll do another one today, see how it goes. I won't feel bad if I'm weak-ass today though, since I just sacrificed a bunch of red cells ;)

Another crisis. Birthday notwithstanding, apparently this isn't my month. No point getting into details since the challenge is over.

If I have a spare hour this weekend, I'm going to the track to time myself on that mile. Still haven't completed any of the goals. Still got a sore throat. sigh.

I suppose I need to review what happened (or didn't happen) and make some changes, but right now I'm focused on moving (the house kind, not the exercise kind) and work.

and just to make matters more fun, my laptop is threatening to die. I just replaced this thing like a year ago. grr. Now I need to stop and back up my data on top of everything else.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines