Raikas' End of Summer Challenge

Raikas

... in which the huntress and her beast companion take on the serpent and become the mongoose*.

It's a holiday today, so I'll fill more of this out later (points/specifics), but for now:

1. Break out of the box - running with the dog and lifting during loadscreens are too routine to be challenging, so let's add something new to the week at least 2 days/week.

2. Use the free stuff - the gym member is a work benefit and includes loads of free classes, so why not try some? Goal: 2/week.

3. Waste less - the dog enjoys the excess from cooking, but a little more planning won't hurt either.

4. Use the free stuff 2 - free e.training via employer. Goal: at least 3hours/week.

*The dog was pointing at a garden snake over the weekend - we laughed and joked about him thinking he was a mongoose instead of a bird-dog.

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

Wow, you get a gym mebership with your job?! Gotta make use of that-even if it is a lame gym. My husband gets a family discount at a nearby gym. But the gym is the more just for status type very pricey gym. Even with a discount it would be like 500 a month. But you do get your own personal towel attendant,rumor has it.

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Okay, it's been ages, so maybe it's time for an update?

1. Break out of the box - Started going to the gym with the spouse on Saturday mornings and moved my chin-up bar from the door of my walk-in closet to the door of the bathroom (I work from home 9 days out of 10, so it's a nice reminder to play with it during the day).

2. Use the free stuff - the gym member is a work benefit and includes loads of free classes, so why not try some? Goal: 2/week. - As mentioned in #1 I've been going to the gym on Saturdays (and attending two back-to-back classes, which is maybe cheating on the twice/week goal)

3. Waste less - the dog enjoys the excess from cooking, but a little more planning won't hurt either. - It's been so-so, but I've gotten better about freezing leftovers that are too large to just be used up as the next day's lunch/breakfast.

4. Use the free stuff 2 - free e.training via employer. Goal: at least 3hours/week. - I've been downloaded a couple of books/week on Thursdays (my usual slow day), generally with a focus on career development and systems analysis.

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --

So, new updates:

1. Break out of the box - During my weekend up north I took a bow hunting course:

7971266080_ba87527e13_n.jpg

2. Use the free stuff - have been going in at least once a week, but generally not more than that, so not perfect.

3. Waste less - I've been working on buying less instead of using more now. We'll see how it goes.

4. Use the free stuff 2 - I've gotten through a couple more sections of online course, and have skimmed a few more books.

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --

Bow hunting class-what a great idea!

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

So, in conclusion:

Starting points:

STR 7 | DEX 5 | STA 9 | CON 7 | WIS 5 | CHA 6

1. Break out of the box - Tried two new classes at the gym, took a weekend bow-hunting class, moved my chin-up bar from the closet door to a bathroom door and got into the habit of using it. Result: Success! +1 Dex, +3 STR

2. Use the free stuff (gym): Not the best of efforts. Result: 40%, so - Fail!

3. Waste less: I feel that I threw out less, but I honestly forgot to really measure it, so I'll call it a pass but nothing more. 55%

4. Use the free stuff 2 (corporate training): Successful for the first half, semi-successful for the second, so I'll call it 75%. +1 WIS, +1 CHA

Mini-challenge summary:

1. Regroup: Success! +1 DEX and +1 WIS

2. Relocate: n/a

3. Retool: Did it, but without real thought, so no points.

4. Sloth: Success! +1 WIS and +1 STA

5. Fogg: n/a

New totals:

STR 10 | DEX 7 | STA 10 | CON 7 | WIS 7 | CHA 7

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --

Good job on the challenge. I love having my chin up bar where I see it (laundry room)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines