drsloomis--Doing the impossible, and that makes us mighty

drsloomis

Week 2 started off splendidly. Solid workout and felt really good afterwards. Ended up eating a lot on the run, so didn't do as good a job tracking food as I would have liked...this is the goal I'm going to have to be very deliberate about.

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

OMG. Crowing is sooo much better than planking (and tebowing... and owling... and bolting...). Time to start a thread...

You can progresisvely take crowing to elbow levering too. Despite how different it looks, it is a fairly similar skill. Instead of balancing the legs on the arms, balance the belly on the arms. It can be done 1 handed too.

Elbow+Lever+edit.JPG

currently maintaning

battle log challenges: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
follow me: myfitnesspal
don't panic!

You can progresisvely take crowing to elbow levering too. Despite how different it looks, it is a fairly similar skill. Instead of balancing the legs on the arms, balance the belly on the arms. It can be done 1 handed too.

Elbow+Lever+edit.JPG

Holy crap! I am so into this!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

So let it be written:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?16638-Poses-in-unusual-places&p=254197#post254197

Decided to make it a PvP challenge! So everybody hone up on your poses / holds and get some pics up!

Today was the first day of classes, so work was crazy busy. Unfortunately, that meant making today my rest day--no workout. The good news is that things should settle down considerably over the next couple of days, making me better able to turn some more of my attention to the challenge.

Current Challenge

So let it be written:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?16638-Poses-in-unusual-places&p=254197#post254197

Decided to make it a PvP challenge! So everybody hone up on your poses / holds and get some pics up!

Huzzah! I'm off to Montana this weekend. If my brain cooperates, I'm totally finding some local places to get in on the action. You think a bison would hold still long enough to balance on?

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Another solid workout today along with food tracking. Also bought some of the materials needed for house maintenance item number two on my list (to be completed this weekend). Tomorrow's my timed mile to see where I am relative to my goal of getting my time down.

A friend of mine on the local police force is going let me crow pose on his cruiser this weekend...SWEET!

Current Challenge

Out of touch for a couple of days, but keeping on keeping on. Missed a workout yesterday, but plan to work it in today or tomorrow. Dillpedo threw down on the crow pose challenge, so definitely gonna have to look for some opportunities this weekend (still hopeful my police car contact will come through!).

Will be replacing drywall today or tomorrow, so the household chore goal will be halfway done!!!

Current Challenge

Out of touch for a couple of days, but keeping on keeping on. Missed a workout yesterday, but plan to work it in today or tomorrow. Dillpedo threw down on the crow pose challenge, so definitely gonna have to look for some opportunities this weekend (still hopeful my police car contact will come through!).

Will be replacing drywall today or tomorrow, so the household chore goal will be halfway done!!!

Can't wait for more crow pose picutes! I may have to get some of me too. Good luck on the dry wall-I HATE doing drywall, one of my least favorite household repair jobs ever.

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Drywall...check! Double workout...check! Crow pose on police car...sadly no. Opportunity didn't materialize, though I'm still hoping it will happen.

Spent the morning & early afternoon repairing the two holes in the downstairs ceiling. That's 2 out of 4 house repairs completed, and it's only week 2! Another death march, this time 3 miles while listening to The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime--given that I occasionally work with kids with Asperger's Syndrome, it's fascinating how spot on the author is in his observations.

Got home and, after a brief rest, did Yoga X to help stretch and limber up. Counting as two separate workouts, that brings the weekly total to 6. Didn't record food as much as I would have liked...4 days instead of the goal of 5...but all in all, week 2 was a solid A- / B+.

Current Challenge

Thanks for the support...always good to have assassins at your back!

...well...most of the time...

Absolutely killed this evening's workout. Another round of Back & Biceps, but this time I significantly upped the weight on the curls and donned a 20 lb weighted vest for the pull-ups. By the end, I was toast, but in a good way. Tomorrow's a running day, so my upper body will have time to recover.

Current Challenge

Absolutely killed this evening's workout. Another round of Back & Biceps, but this time I significantly upped the weight on the curls and donned a 20 lb weighted vest for the pull-ups. By the end, I was toast, but in a good way.

Yeeeah!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Thanks for the support...always good to have assassins at your back!

...well...most of the time...

Absolutely killed this evening's workout. Another round of Back & Biceps, but this time I significantly upped the weight on the curls and donned a 20 lb weighted vest for the pull-ups. By the end, I was toast, but in a good way. Tomorrow's a running day, so my upper body will have time to recover.

Weighted vest? You, sir, are a badass. Keep it up!

And I had never heard of a crow pose until I joined this community, but I now I want to get all up in that!

"In the silence of your bones and eyes forgotten magic sits and waits for fire." 

-Robert Montgomery

Assassin Crest

human assassin | viper jock
STA: 6.25 | STR: 6.5 | CHA: 9 | WIS: 12 | DEX: 5 | CON: 6.5

Sister's Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Fitocracy

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines