drsloomis--Doing the impossible, and that makes us mighty

drsloomis

Lots of time this evening catching up on everybody's threads...it's hard not to be inspired when surrounded by so much awesome!

Open house Tuesday night at work meant no workout for me...not a bad thing given how sore I was from the day before. Going to make it up this weekend.

Tonight's workout was another breakthrough--pushed myself HARD on each move and hit several personal bests, including:

16 full body plyo pushups

16r 20#. In Out Shoulder Flies

12r 30# (ea arm) Overhead Tricep Extensions

and, my personal fave, 20

WOOT!

...still working towards both a free-standing handstand and push-ups on stability balls...

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

Tonight's workout was another breakthrough--pushed myself HARD on each move and hit several personal bests, including:

16 full body plyo pushups

16r 20#. In Out Shoulder Flies

12r 30# (ea arm) Overhead Tricep Extensions

and, my personal fave, 20

Catching up with your progress. WAY. TO. GO!

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Holy COW but I've been gone a while! Crazy busy these past two weeks, but the good news is I've kept up with my goals for the most part. Missed two workouts in the past two weeks, added another house chore to my DONE list, and have been doing a decent job of tracking my eating. If there's one goal that's fallen by the wayside, it's the running goal--unfortunately, my schedule and nearly daily heavy rains have kept me from being able to follow the plan as I would have liked. Still planning to get where I can on it, but I'm lowering my expectations.

On a personal shout-out note, my youngest daughter's first gymnastics competition was a week and a half ago, and she absolutely crushed it--first place in bars, first place in vault, second place in floor (by 0.05 points), second place in beam (by 0.03 points), and first place overall (not only for her subgroup, but for her overall level!). Very very proud of her!

Hopefully, I'll be more present on the boards the rest of the challenge!

Current Challenge

Good to see you, glad you're keeping up on your goals despite being busy. Your daughter is a great Jr. Rebel!

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Holy COW but I've been gone a while! Crazy busy these past two weeks, but the good news is I've kept up with my goals for the most part.

It's been said a number of times, better to spend your time working out than posting on the board! Glad that you are meeting with success and congrats to your daughter for successfully meeting the meet with success! :)

tinkerer
Level 14 Elven Blacksmith

current challenge - yearlong quest

14 13 12 11 10 9.1 9.0 8 7 6 5 4,2 4.1 4.0 3 2 1

Another meet, another near sweep! Youngest took 1st three am, bars, and floor, 2nd in vault, and 1st overall. The other three kids are all doing their own special brand of awesome as well: one just got her next belt in mixed martial arts, one started a new season of soccer as one of the highest ranked players in the league, and my son's set three fitness goals and a life goal a la the six week challenges. Even as I type this, my wife is completing a week-long Outward Bound survivalist course in Pisgah National Forest.

That's a fistful of awesome right there.

I've been continuing my workouts, but haven't had time to do much else other than work, coach rec league soccer, and playing cab driver to my super busy children. I'm hoping things will settle into some semblance of a normal routine soon!

Current Challenge

WOW! Your whole family is made of awesome! Tell your wife she should join the rebellion; I want to hear about that outdoor survivalist camp;that sounds amazing!

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Despite dropping off the face of the earth the last half, I actually stuck with most of my goals and finished off better than I would have expected (thankfully, one of my goals was NOT staying active on the forums!).

[table=width: 500, class: grid]

Goal

Att Assigned

Grade

Att Awarded

6 wkouts / week (36 total)

STR +2 / CHA +2

B

STR +1.5 / CHA +1/5

Track food

CON +2 / WIS +2

B

CON +1.5 / WIS +1.5

Jog 5k / <9 min mile

STA +2 / DEX +2

D

STA +0.5 / DEX +0.5

Complete 4 To-Do List Items

WIS +3

B

WIS +2.25

[/table]

1) Rocked the workouts--got most of them in AND really pushed myself while doing them (my last Chest & Back workout involved over 180 push-ups (30+ ea of regular, military, wide, decline, diamond, and dive bomber) & over 30 pull-ups (10 ea of wide, reverse grip, and close-grip overhand) done while wearing a 20-lb weighted vest! Really happy with the progress on this goal.

2) While I did a decent job of tracking food, I need to actually take that tracking to the next level and use it to better structure my diet. Writing down that I ate crap doesn't help. ;) Looking to better craft this goal in future challenges.

3) If there's a goal that fell by the wayside this challenge, it was my running goal. Life got crazy the last three weeks, so something had to go. Fortunately I was able to eke something out near the end and get my mile in under 10 minutes, but that's small consolation given where I wanted to be.

4) Three of the four done! I hadn't planned on the fact that my wife would be out of town the last week of the challenge, making it nearly impossible for me to get ANYTHING done between playing full-time dad, mom, coach, cab driver, etc. Still thrilled to get as much done as I did, especially given how long some of those tasks have been lingering on my list.

All in all, I'm ok with this challenge. I kept up most of my goals even in the face of some very LONG and difficult days. More excited about my future potential than in what I accomplished (or didn't).

Current Challenge

1) Rocked the workouts--got most of them in AND really pushed myself while doing them (my last Chest & Back workout involved over 180 push-ups (30+ ea of regular, military, wide, decline, diamond, and dive bomber) & over 30 pull-ups (10 ea of wide, reverse grip, and close-grip overhand) done while wearing a 20-lb weighted vest! Really happy with the progress on this goal.

Wow. Great work!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

HE'S ALIVE!!!

Missed ya, but I suppose real life is a good enough reason to break from the boards...

Most excellent challenge. I'm seeing a recurring theme among the assassins - put in a good 6 weeks and not give yourself enough credit... ;)

Pull-ups with a 20 lb. vest? Holy buckets, Batman!!!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines