first challenge

Chef Neem

fitness goals

1. do the splits / currently pelvis is 10 inches from the floor +5 DEX

2. 16 pull ups / can do 8 +3 STR +1 STA

3. 5k under 30 minutes / currently 34 minutes +3 STA +1 STR

life goal

4. get up at 5:30 am +2 CON

I am a husband and father of 4 chef by accident and currently a 3rd degree black belt in Taekwondo and plan on going for my fourth in the spring also training for a marathon in november.

The point of getting up early is to get my stuff done before the family gets up so I can be engaged with them as much as possible in the mornings as I work at night.

still trying to figure my level and stats will update when I have time

Maybe my legs are just really long? I'm finding a lot of people in FAR, FAR better shape than me, and yet I can do a 5K faster than them. I feel like a Juggalo confronted with a magnet...

Anyways, awesome! And succinct. Welcome!

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Welcome! Marathon training is one of the most difficult and rewarding things you can do, I think. Don't forget to peruse the Scouts guild - there's a metric ton of running knowledge stored there.

But just peruse! You have to come back here afterward. It's a rule.

THanks for the welcome I look forward to the advice and encouragement. I have a good local "jedi council" for support including an ironman and a boston marathon qualifier.

day one

slept til 7 my youngest wanted me to sleep with him so that threw my timing off there but still managed to get my speed interval run in.

I came on too strong on the first three intervals and i bonked the last two. thats what I get for watching olympic highlights before my run.

6 sets of 3 pullups with 45 seconds of splits stretching inbetween.

Day 2

Got up at 5:15. Was done with what I needed to do by 6:45 went back to sleep til 8:15

At taekwondo class had my son push me as I worked my split stretches. Actually working on the stretching right now while typing on the iPad.

Got my running in but it wasn't until after work but my times were good it was a 2 mile tempo run.

First mile 9.33 minutes second mile 10:32 but I got thrown off pace by a big black dog at 10:45 in the night. You think it would have increased my pace but it then me off mentally. My running partner say its 90% mental and the other 10% is mental

3 sets of 6 pull ups with some extras hear and they. My pull up bar is in the door to the kitchen so I hit it when ever I go into the kitchen.

Tomorrow is a rest day as far as running goes and I have to get up in 4 hours to cook breakfast for a bible study so for sure I will nail the awake by 5:30.

I came on too strong on the first three intervals and i bonked the last two. thats what I get for watching olympic highlights before my run.
yep the Olympics is definitely making me try harder lol

I know, right? Yesterday after watching the tae kwon do I just wanted to go out in the garden and kill my kickbag, but since it was past 11pm I decided not to (my neighbours already think I'm weird).

Always kick higher

ahem, ahem, PVP challenges, ahem, ahem...

Ok just figured out what a PVP is. So does that mean you want to challenge me or I should challenge some one with a similar goal.

yesterday was a rest day so just some stretching 15 minutes and pull ups 9! 6 then 4 but I upped my max by 1 already

today up at 5:30 today for my long run. including 1/2 mile warm up and 1/2 mile cool down 12.48 miles avg pace 11:06 which is 1:06 faster than my marathon target pace then 15 minutes stretching after that.

4 sets of 5 pull ups

Time to focus on the Chef part of my name and put in a 12 hour day getting ready for a seasonal menu change that I am 3 weeks late implementing.

Time to focus on the Chef part of my name and put in a 12 hour day getting ready for a seasonal menu change that I am 3 weeks late implementing.

Nicely done on the pull-ups. Where do you work? I might need to come by the next time I'm in Fort Worth and support a fellow Monk's restaurant.

yesterday was a recovery day as far as running so didn't do any. No stretching either but did 9 pull ups then 3 sets of 6 before work

today was interval runs 8 x 500m with 1:30 walking in between. the first six were 8:30 - 9:45 minute per mile pace the last two were 10:13 and 11:24 but I finished them without walking at all. pleased with that

5 sets of 3 pullups with 1 minute of splits stretching inbetween

slept in till 6:30 but I was pretty productive before the rest of the family got up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5154[/ATTACH]

helping out with the hip flexors one of my little training partners

No running today recovery day

Did pull ups though out the day sets ranging from 3-8 but mostly about 5 for a total of 38

Pulled up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25sPjDcVfHg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

From the kungfu movie thread in the monks guild to watch on my iPad while stretching and planking.

Missed 5:30 by an hour up at 6:30 but still managed to have a productive hour and a half before every one else was up

And in the spirit of th mini challenge I went through all the flashlights in the house and replaced batteries. With two boys 7 & 10 the flashlights are always misplaced and dead.

post-8982-13567244751443_thumb.jpg

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines