MISSION 1: Intelligence Gathering

BarefootDawsy

Have you run it before? I did it last year for the first time and it was just a brilliant experience. Its pretty much 14.5km of hills, beautiful scenery and street parties.

I'm actually not in Sydney anymore, just going back up for the weekend. Mmmmmmmm 4 days of childfree time!

Have you run it before? I did it last year for the first time and it was just a brilliant experience. Its pretty much 14.5km of hills, beautiful scenery and street parties.

I'm actually not in Sydney anymore, just going back up for the weekend. Mmmmmmmm 4 days of childfree time!

Yeah did it for the first time last year too. It was a great experience! 4 days of child free time too? Sounds like heaven :)

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander

Scout - Level 7

Ranger sitting in on this, am focussing on getting back into running and upping my swimming meterage back to comp levels in this challenge, so this is perfect :)

LVL 5 Dúnedain Ranger

STR-12 DEX- 8 STA- 16 CON- 9 WIS- 14 CHA- 7'We are Rangers. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass'Find me on Twitter

Swim Coach at City of Southampton Swimming Club, CF coach at CrossFit Solent

Great to see the Scouts out in force! To answer your questions, all mini challenges end on Sunday night at midnight Hawaii time. And yes, walking is totally in!

That's Monday noon in my time zone. Which would make sense, then I can run Monday morning and get 7 days in.

9.2 km for me on the first three days btw, at the end I'll have run twenty km in a week. Not nearly as much as some people on here but more than I would have guessed I can do, this mini-challenge is awesome.

Level 1 Elf Scout

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Mon

walk 1mile, walk 1/2 mile

Tue

jog 2 miles walk 1 mile

Wed

jog 2 miles + 1 fast mile to work, run 2 miles home

Thu

run to work (100degrees out) 2 miles, run home 2 miles

Sat

Run to work 2miles, run home

Sun

swam a mile (maybe, I'll have to verify the distance of the pool, 20-21 yards)

42 laps

total running mileage for the week : 17.5 miles

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

M- 2mi bike, .5mi jog

T- 4.5mi run, .5mi walk

W- 4mi run, 1mi walk

T- 4mi interval run

F- 4mi run

S- 9mi run, 1mi walk

S- off

+1mi walk M-F to work and back (twice on thurs for a double shift day)

36.5 miles covered this week!

Level 2 Scout[sTR 3] [DEX 7] [sTA 7] [CON 3] [WIS 3] [CHA 5]Current Challenge: Keeping it Simple"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." 

I've run just over 11k this week and walked an extra 5k (besides my normal commute walking).

Not sure how far I've skated - the rink's under a building so I can't GPS it - but there were plenty of laps of Russian stroking etc. for warm-up and cool-down.

ETA: That looked a little feeble, so I've now been out and added 21k cycling to my search efforts.

"she interpreted falling down not merely as a means of improving, but as evidence that she was improving." - Matthew Syed on Shizuka Arakawa.Frost elf assassin after 4 challenges: STR: 11 | DEX: 12 | STA: 7.5 | CON 5 | WIS 7.5 | CHA: 5.5My Fitocracy profile"

Hey guys, I'm back on Nerd Fitness after a short hiatus, and I've decided to join the Scouts as a cyclist! I'm currently suffering from pneumonia, so not much exercise for me for the next few days, but I do have a ride from August 6th that I believe counts as saddle time. I was cycling with my friend, who was on his mountain bike, so speeds were not bad, but not spectacular.

Time: 1 hour, 3 minutes, 7 seconds

Distance: 14 miles (22.5km)

Average Speed: 13.3mph (21.4kph)

Level 2 Nord Scout Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

<STR:5><DEX:5><STA:9><CON:4><WIS:4><CHR:3>

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."

The Surly Centurion

Time: 6:22:00

Total Miles Cycled: 1940.7

My weekly distance

Swim: 2500 yards

Run: 8.1 miles

Bike: 40 miles

"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit""If you think you can or you can't, you're right!"

Well, this mini challenge coincided with my epic cycling endurance challenge! Between Monday 7th and Friday, I cycled 488 miles (I did 687 in total, including last Saturday and Sunday). Now, my thighs ache, my knees hurt, I've pulled a muscle in my left calf and my hands a numb from the pressure of the handle bars so I'm giving it a rest for at least a week!

I did all this before I even saw this mini challenge and I have already attributed points for these miles within my personal 6-week challenge, so I won't take the bonus stamina point (it seems like a cheat for me!) but I wanted to share it, hopefully to spur all you other scouts on.

Excellent challenge. :D

Vickyloo
Wood elf / Druid
STR: 5 DEX: 4 STA: 6.5 CON: 6.25 WIS: 9.5 CHA: 6
"Each morning we are born again.  What we do today is what matters most" Buddha
Vickyloo: Getting Back in the Game

This week was...ok. I'm still struggling with planning my workouts better because of the heat. My total mileage for the week was 15.8 miles.

Current Challenge: Roocifer's Eat and Run Challenge | Fitocracy

Level 2 Scout: STR: 4.25 | DEX: 8.75 | STA: 8.75 | CON: 6 | WIS: 7.5 | CHA: 7.75

I feel my boots trying to leave the ground, I feel my heart pumping hard, I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable and beautiful and afraid of nothing, as though I had wings. - Mary Oliver

13mi this week!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

I didn't do anywhere near the distances some did, wrote Vickyloo that is phenomenal!

I did do:

1 km ride last Monday which wad before I read about the challenge so better not count it ;-)

wed, 7 km ride

Fri, 6.4 km ride

Sun, 0.5 km sprint with the dog then a walk with her and rest of family which goes towards my other goals too - efficiency!

This morning i added another 5 km bike and another 1 km run with the dog.

So total for the week is 20 km for me!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines