I'm fat and I know it, you don't need to tell me

Random vent forthcoming: Why do people feel the need to try and break others down to make themselves feel better? I need a gym with an age limit; I STILL hate high school kids.

Thimecules - Level 0

Berserker Adventurer

STR 4, DEX 1, STA 1, CON 1, WIS 7, CHA 1

Don't even try as I am in your path

Call me god with your last breath

Feel the berserker's wrath

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The majority of highschool kids are terrible.

They like to break down others to elevate themselves from their shortcomings.

Just remember that there is good in the world. And that some highschool students are good, I like to think of myself as not being like them.

Use the experience to become stronger and better, that will show them.

We're here for you if you need it.

Random vent forthcoming: Why do people feel the need to try and break others down to make themselves feel better?

Becuase they have no life and they feel so bad about themselves that they need a way to make themselves better even if it means making others feel bad. I am also going to add that some times it's not just high schoolers that do this.

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

I am also going to add that some times it's not just high schoolers that do this.

This! Some people never leave that phase in their lives. I try to remind myself that they are pretty sad, pathetic people without much in their lives if that is the way they are going to treat others but I know how hard it is to drown out the voices of hurtful critics. Try not to pay them any mind and just do your own thing - get your payback by kicking ass at the gym!

The Guardian had a hilarious interview with the philosopher Slavoj Zizek and led with this quote: "Humanity is okay, but 99% of people are boring idiots." Put simply, people are assholes. If they didn't smirk at your weight, they would have found something else, and they are not singling you out. They're assholes 24/7 to everybody.

It is still not nice to be mocked, and you don't need to wait until you reach your ideal body shape to get satisfaction. Try this as a mental exercise: rather than absorb their negativity, take pride in being a blight on their small mental landscape. Really? The sight of my fat self bothers you? Because I am the only fat person in this bloody country? I am glad! Mua ha ha ha!

Keep your chin up and carry on.

If they didn't smirk at your weight, they would have found something else, and they are not singling you out. They're assholes 24/7 to everybody.

so true

people can be cruel, insensitive, and nosy. it is unfair. and you have every right to be upset for a bit. i have seen many others on other forums hurt in the same way. i will share a nugget of wisdom i stole from another anonymous internet forum: you can fix fat - you cannot fix a$$hat.

i always wear headphones when i work out - good, quality earbuds that cancel out the noises/comments of others.

haters will hate. enjoy some metal instead.

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

i will share a nugget of wisdom i stole from another anonymous internet forum: you can fix fat - you cannot fix a$$hat.

I was going to post something similar that I've heard before. It's the truth.

Another way of looking at it: you've realised you have a change to make and are working hard to make it happen, they've yet to realise that they're assh**es. Even if they do, changing your body shape is simple, changing your broken personality and major character flaws, not so simple.

http://jackblog.org

Jack Blog | The Blog of Jack

My standard reply, " That is all you have? All of this and that is the best you can do? Wow, did you eat paint chips when you were younger or was your stupidity developed over time?"

I know I should take the high road, but it is so much more fun watching a kid squirm when you call him out. I am also not embarrassed that I am fat. I have traveled the world, fought in a war, and done things those kids aren't even developed enough to fantasize about yet. And if you really want to be a jerk back, which I wouldn't recommend, there is always, "You mother doesn't seem to mind"

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

Man, Myth, Legendary Hero

Ogre Level 5 .....do Ogres have any class?

www.mydatewithnatalieportman.com

Love much, this will all be over in a minute :love_heart:

My standard reply, " That is all you have? All of this and that is the best you can do? Wow, did you eat paint chips when you were younger or was your stupidity developed over time?"

I know I should take the high road, but it is so much more fun watching a kid squirm when you call him out. I am also not embarrassed that I am fat. I have traveled the world, fought in a war, and done things those kids aren't even developed enough to fantasize about yet. And if you really want to be a jerk back, which I wouldn't recommend, there is always, "You mother doesn't seem to mind"

Fire with fire, nice tactic.

fat is fixable, but asshole is forever?

pardon my language please.

This^, at lest you change if you want to, not so easy when your a asshole (which you aren't)

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Yeah, people suck. I've had my fair share of comments, too. A couple things I try to keep in mind:

-Fat kids are hard to kidnap. [so I'm safe, right?]

but seriously -"People don't boo nobodies," -Reggie Jackson

If you were invisible and absolutely alone in the world, that would be truly be sad. But you're a Rebel. People do take notice, but you've got all of NF to back you on this [sheesh, I'd piss my pants if I had to go against Staci]. Us fat kids have to stick together:) We will show them all! *insert maniacal laugh*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EnaBear

Ewok Adventurer, Level 1

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Current Challenge: Time To Be A Big Kid

"People don't boo nobodies." -Reggie Jackson

Random vent forthcoming: Why do people feel the need to try and break others down to make themselves feel better? I need a gym with an age limit; I STILL hate high school kids.

I'm 21 and I hate high school kids too. Seriously, my boyfriend's nieces and nephews are so f'ing evil. I seriously hope I was never like that.

On a related note, screw them. You are busting your ass to better yourself, do not let them tear you down!!

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

At the end of the day, you're one step closer to being stronger/fitter/healthier/better.

At the end of the day, they're still horrid people.

I say, you win.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Ultimately they just prove they are not the superior person. You are in there busting your ass to improve yourself. They are only there to validate themselves. One of these paths actually gains something while the other leaves a person stagnant, because they feel they've already reached their prime.

What you should do is start squatting with a heavy bar like a boss and get real good at it. When you see them again, look em in the eye and do your best squat. Then come up roaring like a damn beast and see if they can meet your gaze again. I sure as heck wouldn't.

Lvl 3 Shifter Monk

(STR:5.75) (DEX:5) (STA:5.25) (CON:9) (WIS:11.5) (CHA:4.8)

Live Just and Fear Not

Latest Challenge: Cleaning Up the Temple

I know how you feel. I wasn't fat in high school but I was the goth kid so I got all kinds of comments. People were afraid of me and some even asked my sister if I killed people. When they insulted me I turned it back on them. One kid called me ugly and I said " I know, I wake up look in the mirror and scare the shit out of myself. Its better than coffee." The point is you are only a victim if you allow yourself to be. On a brighter note most of the people that used to be rude to me are now fat and out of shape while I get better everyday.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nocturnis, Level 1 Half Elf Ranger

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

I just find a stereo and put Sexy And I Know It" and start dancing they are to tramatized to say any thing else lol

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | CON: 4 | STA: 1 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

We walk in the dark places no others will enter.

We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

First Challenge

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17992-Shagy-s-Pull-head-out-of-_______

And, to share a piece of wisdom from "RuPaul's Drag U": if you can't hide it, throw glitter on it.

This made me have a giggle fit... I think throwing glitter at those stupid kids might ahve confused the hell out of them and been hilarious!

What you should do is start squatting with a heavy bar like a boss and get real good at it. When you see them again, look em in the eye and do your best squat. Then come up roaring like a damn beast and see if they can meet your gaze again. I sure as heck wouldn't.

I fully support this plan... I used to get somr pretty sexist stares in the weight room, but after awhile, it changed to a look of respect. Own it.

Also, remember that more often than not, a lot of those douchey kids will get their comeuppance. I had a friend in high school who got picked on a lot for being gay and being in the drama club, and he took it all in stride until one day someone knocked all his books out of hands. My friend decided that deck that kid, giving him a bloody nose and a black eye and knocking him to the ground before anyone could stop him. They both got sent to the office of course, and while the asshole kid sat there bleeding and crying, my friend went back to reading Harry Potter :D

I fully support this plan... I used to get somr pretty sexist stares in the weight room, but after awhile, it changed to a look of respect. Own it.

Get Stronger and Healthier

Be Successful and Happy

???

Profit

I got picked on a lot in high school, got really good at scrapping because of it. I pull in six figures and am happily married now while most of those folks are having trouble finding jobs and still moan about high school flings on facebook. Check, and mate.

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4