Help with fat sources

Sambalina

Hey guys,

So I've started the Whole30 along with the rest of the group, and am happily on day two. I'm not new to paleo, but I am trying to really do things well for this 30 days. Now, every time I read someone with a problem with either the Whole30 or paleo/primal (hungry, cravings, no energy, grouchy, whatever) one of the recommended things to check is that you're getting enough fat. I kind of want to get a handle on this before I get problems and eat enough fat. Previously, I haven't worried about this, I've just had olive oil, butter, and meat fat.

But, the possibility of finding organic or free range meat or butter here in SK is practically nill. So, the butter is out (even if I clarify it), and I'm buying leaner meat to try and avoid the nasty factory farming chemicals. The only coconut product I have access to is coconut cream (which I can use, but am not sure how to get it into an everyday meat+veg meal). And avocados, although I love them, cost over $3 a piece.

I can order coconut oil online and have it shipped, but is it worth it? Is there some simple, obvious, healthful fat source I'm either overlooking or unaware of?

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Olive oil is good. Make salad dressing or a dip for your veggies out of olive oil.

And I think if I were you I might just use the non organic butter and clarify it. Yes, you do get some chemicals from the non organic but you get lots of good fat and vitamins

If it is in your budget you could buy the coconut cream online . I don't know what shipping costs are like. I'm all for Paleo/whole 9, but Im also for living within your means financcially

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

There's only so much olive oil I can add to things, but I'll think about it. And yeah, I might just do the butter.

Yup, salmon's great here, but macadamias are scarce and cost more than gold.

Good ideas - I think I'll try eating more oily fish for starters.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."