Hello people!

About me: I'm a software engineer who does ruby on rails, mostly; I'm employed as a technical writer at present; I'm training to be a winemaker; and I play World of Warcraft.

I've been reading Steve's posts for about a year now, and have only just gotten to the point where I can start levelling up, fitness-wise.

I'm a very special snowflake, of course. I've been sidetracked by medical issues, largely, to wit: a casein intolerance (diagnosed in May) and a sleeping disorder which I'm going through tests for at the moment. With luck, I should have a treatment plan next month sometime, and be able to exercise regularly, instead of the current sporadic efforts I've been managing.

My goals are:

- lose 20kg, or two dress sizes;

- be able to hold a maltese cross for 30sec (gymnastics ring move);

- run 10km.

by the end of 2011. I need a plan, which I do not as yet have.

I'm starting from a bodyweight of 85kg, a year of being bedridden (and not much better for a couple of years prior), and a naturally stubborn temperament.

Looking forward to proudly wearing my rookie badge in the Rebel Army!

Cheers,

ysabet.

Half Dragon, Half Elf, Level 0.5 Assassin - I flame people when cranky, but I'm seriously kickass.STR 4 | DEX 2.5 | STA 3.25 | CON 5 | WIS 8.75 | CHA 4 | Challenges: 1  2 3 4 5 | myFitnessPal | Spreadsheet | fitbitChallenge 6, Back to the assassin's rootsBlog: float knowledge return wisdom;

Photography

Yeah, Horde on my main toons :)

I've looked into Paleo and similar, and it looks good - unfortunately, it's a not-quite-yet kind of thing. Until I get a proper diagnosis and treatment, only three things keep me from passing out every day: anxiety, sugar, and alcohol. Of those, sugar is really the only one that doesn't have really bad consequences, especially at work! And yeah, no can haz sugar on the Paleo diet. Oh well, that's what having A Plan is for, so that when I *can* lose the sugar crutch, I've got something to go to!

Half Dragon, Half Elf, Level 0.5 Assassin - I flame people when cranky, but I'm seriously kickass.STR 4 | DEX 2.5 | STA 3.25 | CON 5 | WIS 8.75 | CHA 4 | Challenges: 1  2 3 4 5 | myFitnessPal | Spreadsheet | fitbitChallenge 6, Back to the assassin's rootsBlog: float knowledge return wisdom;

Photography

Yay for more female techies! I'm just joining today myself, so I look forward to seeing you around. Best of luck!

Level 16 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Hi Ysabet, welcome to the boards! That sounds like an incredibly frustrating medical issue, I wish you luck getting things sorted out. In the mean time... free pass to eat sugar? Not so bad, really.

A wine lover, eh? That is fantastic. I know very little, but I'm learning!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Oops, just realised I had a typo.

I want to hold a maltese cross for 3secs, not 30. I'm not a superwoman! Even that might be a little ambitious ...

Photography