• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Steve

GOMAD

Anybody here done GOMAD?

Essentially, you lift really heavy weights and drink a GALLON of whole milk a day. I'm at the point now where I'm probably drinking a 3rd of a gallon of whole milk a day during this bulking up period...just curious if anybody has actually done the whole "buy 7 gallons of whole milk every week at the store" thing and how it worked out for them.

I'd imagine epic stomach issues, but tons of muscle (and fat) being built.

-Steve

Yes. I did, for about 2 weeks, during which I put on an easy 10 lbs or so.

I stayed on 1/2 GOMAD for a month or so after and was putting on 1-2 lbs a week.

I'm lactose intolerant, and with some lactaid, my stomach was actually better than before. Burping feels weird though, as it tastes kinda like cheese. Other than that, I made my biggest strength gains on GOMAD, and recovery was markedly easier. The downside, you're gonna put on some fat if you go full gomad, as that's a lot of sugar in there. Plus side, huge strength gains, and less carbs than most protein shakes.

Problem is you went full gomad. You never go full gomad, man. You'll never win an Oscar doin' that shit.

I think my stomach would explode attempted that ritual though, that sounds crazy.

Sounds very old school bodybuilder. Reg Park (google him) loved full cream milk, steak and eggs. What would now be considered a heart attack diet. Of course the quality of food was much better back then and they didn't eat stuff like lollies and other highly processed foods.

The only possible problem I can see is that consuming so much dairy can amplify your lactose intolerance. I would therefore only recommend doing something like GOMAD for a short period of time like mrRed.

If you do decide to do it, make sure you keep track of your stats so we can all see!