Challenge 1 - Regroup

Walk #2

I decided the best way to blend in among the townspeople was to wear my bag lady/street urchin attire. So after properly disquising myself I set out on my scouting misssion I was impressed how the townsspeople warded off the daemons of suburban bland by planting brighlty colored flowers on their tiny plots of land. Furthr on I spottted a quail family ducking into the nearby bushes. I went to the familiar location of our allies, the falcons. I know we have considered using these magificent birds for hunting and also to help us scout I was amazed to see how their numbers had multiplied. I could see 7 of them soaring in the clouds. I would have liked to stay longer but my help was needed back at the castle for the building project on one of our towers, so I hurried home.

translation:

I was working outside and helping with our deck so I had on my old clothes-which means my clothes that are about 3 sizes too big. So I looked rather frumpy and like a bag lady, but comfy. Went for a quick walk . Saw some houses I hadn't noticed before with beautiful gardens. Saw a quail family. And checked out the Perigrine Falcons. There really were 7 of them, I had never seen so many. I thought they just had 2 babies(last year that is all I saw)It was really awesome to watch them all flying around. I wanted to stay longer but I had promised to not be gone loner than 45 minutes, because my hubby wanted my help on the deck building project.

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

walk 1 (this was actually yesterday)

-the city smells weird compared to what im use to in the small town that i live in

-i want to do parkour over EVERYTHING but i'm not that skilled yet

-the noises in the city are much much different than the bird and bug sounds that im use to

-me and my sister are too easily amused

-my older brother was just as excited as to see us as we were to see him

-outside is much hotter than the train that i was on and i had to take my over shirt off

i'm sure we will walk some more today considering driving is terrible in the city

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

Hmm.

The first walk was more of a jog, but I noticed:

-that the junk yard house down the road had new/different crap strewn about the place. And less of it.

-the lake was abnormally calm. Like, glass smooth where its usually the perfect windswept platform for kiting (or whatever it's called when you stand on a surfboard and let the wind cart you around via parachute), from where I could see it between the houses/trees that separate us common folk from the wet watery goodness.

-walking by a local restaurant I noticed that they hired a specific, very horrible, girl, and that means that their standards are so low that I can never eat there again.

-also, when I walk I naturally do so as quietly and inconspicuously as possible.

I'll take s second and third walk over the next day or two and report back anything unusual.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

:::IC::: I made it back to the castle. This morning I began some recon inside a local township a few miles to the west of the castle. There was a festival of sorts going on. Perfect! Many people from surrounding villages and townships were present. The host town had many booths and attractions set up. People selling various different wares, foods, crafts, art work. I noticed only one officer of local law enforcement, a female - nice touch for this town, very progressive for Arcadea. She was in the shade near the entrance, sitting on her horse drawn coach.

As it was a very sunny and warm day, I wore lighter clothes styled similar to the people of the castle and blended in quite nicely. My tunic fit nicely, form fitting enough for 'quiet work' but loose enough to conceal my weapon. One could notice the hilt if one knew what to look for. As it is with most crowds, they aren't aware and they aren't looking - even if there was a recent seige. I also noticed two very large dragonflies. Sometimes I wonder if I was supposed to be a druid. I love nature. However, I know my love for nature and creation helps me be a better Assassin. There was an interesting attraction here, unexpected for a township in Arcadea. A steam propelled, rail assisted transport. On Earth it would be called a steam locomotive, and would have been at least 100 years old and fairly outdated. Here, it was brand new. I didn't think technological machinery of this kind was even possible in Arcadea, much less the surrounding areas, well, not for another 50 years or so. This caught my eye most of all.

People were taking tours of it, so I stood in line as the tourists would to get a closer look. Yep, a fully functioning steam locomotive. I wandered off to see where the tracks led. They went due south out of the territory of Arcadea. I took to some higher ground to see where they went. As expected, we (the assassin's) wouldn't have seen these tracks coming from where we are normally ranging. Looking north, I could see that their was a camp a few miles out of town, fairly large too. This must be where they are continuing the rails.

After inspecting the locomotive and the rails, I headed back here to the castle in order to give my report.

:::OOC::: - Local festival of the arts in Nampa! Its just a few miles west of my home. Had a nice, leisurely 1hr walk through the entire thing with my wife and four kids. There is a train. Its been mothballed and is on a set of tracks about as long as the locomotive is. Its been here for about 50 years, and they had opened it up. There was a female cop, parked in the shade at the entrance. There were dragonflies. I was wearing a white polo (i normally wear larges, but with working out and such things, I fit very nicely into a medium now!) and I was legally carrying. I am a legally licensed CCW, full federal background check, etc. Although "open carry" is legal in this state, I choose not to exercise that right. Concealed is more than enough. Had a great time in the sun with my lady, my girls and my young man!

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

I went on my second intel mission today.

Luckily I was again accompanied by my Half-Pony warrior bride.

With the detection (and urination on my feet) in the forefront of my mind, I decided that completing my mission during a downfall would help to keep me unnoticed.

I was unable to capture photographs during this mission, the weather wouldn't permit me to use my normal tools.

The first detail worth sharing with the guild was a device that I can only assume is used to develop the minds of our enemies youths.

It consists of 9 spinning blocks shaped like a square. Each block had an "X" and a "O" and the other 2 sides were blank. My wife and I had a go at this device, but were unable to fully understand its uses. We thought it was a type of game used to teach strategy; however, we just kept coming to a stalemate. We were obviously missing some of its features, or our enemy is much more clever than we imagined.

The second piece of intelligence I bring back to the guild is again a device. This time thou it isn't for training, it seems to be some type of siege implement. It seems the locals were practicing their use of the device, I was able to observe them use it for some time. It looks to be round like a circle, it is parallel to the ground and held up approximately 3 feet by multiple legs. The inside of the circle has some type of stretchy material, from my position I was unable to discern what type, but it was unlike any cloth I have seen before. The locals were using this material to bounce themselves very high off the ground. I believe they use this implement to leap over walls, we now know what type of fortifications will work against them in the future.

The third piece of intel I have acquired is very ominous, during my mission I saw a large contingent of birds flying to the west. A few minutes later more birds were heading west, in fact throughout my mission all the birds I saw were heading west. This leads me to believe something is frightening the birds to leave the area east of my location.

I will be heading further to the east tomorrow to better understand the situation, I will report back with any details I find on my mission.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer
STR 27  DEX 18  STA 15  CON 14  WIS 14  CHA 12

Current Challenge

walk 2 (don't have time to type up a bit of a story :(

Walked though the botanical gardens and i noticed

-the banana, coconut, and some of the jungle trees leaves were bigger then i am by about 2 times or somthing

-I wanted to pet all of the cactuses

-i had an almost irresistible urge to jump in the fountains

-i was tempted to stick my finger in the carnivorous plants

-i felt soooo small walking through the jungle section

-i love plants waaay to much :)

yea that's about it. i'll probably think of more later XD

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

On today's walk I noticed the following:

- the ducks in the pond are regrowing their feathers after molting. Also the ducklings have gotten bigger.

- two ducks had a splashing contest. I couldn't see what the fight was about, but I think maybe one of them got a fish and the other one wanted it.

- there are stinging nettles growing in the park. Nettles are good to eat, but you're supposed to pick them in spring when they're young and tender. Next year I will try it.

- I am more flexible in hot weather and warming up takes less time, but I hate being hot so I tend to avoid going out when the weather is warm.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Walk 2:

Did some quick recon around the compound and noticed several things:

1) near the edge of our territory there was something that was poorly camouflaged, it wasn't there in previous trips, I can only assume that it was placed there for surveillance, though I don't know for sure because there is no way I can see to approach it undetected. Given how poorly it blends with the surrounding foliage I think it's safe to say that the enemy isn't as clever as we feared. Unless they're deliberately lowering our expectations to lure us into a false sense of security......

2) Maintenance needs to be done around the compound, one of the escape routs is becoming overgrown with the indigenous vegetation. Possibly an enemy plot to cage is in during a siege?

----

Hung out around dads acreage today, noticed something off outside the fence across one of the neighbors fields. Also, the trees that make up the wind-break need grooming, they present a fire hazard.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Walk #3 1h30 6.6km

Walking in a city full of people and cars is pretty overwhelming. Especially when you walk through tourist places, mindful walking made me painfully aware of the "invisibles". All the homeless that gravitates around tourist places trying to get a little money. Noticing them, it was easy to notice how invisible they are to everyone. Continuing my walk to the louvre, I saw that in the inner court, there was one statue and one only that was under repairs. You had to look at the top of the building to see this one. Then I left the tourist place to stroll in the little streets where Parisians lives and hang out (well, where they would hang out if it wasn't August :P Paris is really empty at this time of the year, hence it is my favourite time of the year ^^) It was easy to see who was here and who was in holidays looking at the flowers on the balcony. No water and hot days made poor flowers dry :|

Thanks for this challenge, I love to walk but somehow I needed the inspiration to do so :/

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

201108271560_zoom.jpg

Sweet ride!

Three Walks

I went on three walks this week. Two were during the day in 120-degree F heat (50s Celsius), so they were a bit shorter than normal. The third was before sunrise 5:30 a.m., when it was quite pleasant. I noticed:

1. At my workplace, there's a man-made watercourse on the grounds. There's been a type of sandpiper hanging around in the watercourse for the last several days, which is quite odd, since I'm in the middle of the desert, and it's unusual to see shorebirds in the desert. But this watercourse is an oasis in an inhospitable landscape, so if you're a sandpiper, it's the place to be. I love birds, but I couldn't positively identify this type of bird. It was pretty non-descript, since it wasn't in breeding plumage.

2. There's also a clock tower on the grounds, and it rings the Westminster Quarters every 15 minutes. Except some of the notes were not allowed to ring clearly. I walked by the tower at the 45-minute chimes, and some of the bells were muted early. The last note of the chimes was left un-muted, and it continued to slowly decay for another 30 seconds before it was finally muted.

3. Saturday morning I got up to go for a walk before sunrise. It was (relatively) cooler, so I did a full 30 minutes. There was a gentle breeze blowing, and the occasional click of crickets and other insects, but otherwise it was utterly silent. No noise whatsoever, so my shoes were naturally the noisiest thing around. To the north, I could see some rain clouds, one of which had a nice anvil shape. As I returned to my apartment, I could see virga below the clouds. While I was still walking in the shade, the tops of the clouds were shaded pink as the rising sun hit them. A very nice morning, which turned into a sweltering day. :)

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

By pure coincidence (I forgot to check the boards for a few days, oops) I have been on three walks over the last three days.

#1 Evening walk around a bit of the village/small town where I live. I must say, I didn't really notice much, except that someone has planted a rather nice flower garden near a set of traffic lights.

#2 Walked to the opticians to get my glasses fixed, managed to knock one of the little pads off the bridge of them. I noticed that it was rather hot in the opticians, and that they had a new desk for the receptionist.

#3 5.5 mile walk in the countryside a half hours drive away. Apparently it was one of the places that Tolkien got his inspiration from. There was a Shireburn pub and Butterbur plants, along with some lovely fields, a great section of walk by a river and some small forested areas too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dresirus

Tiste Andii Assassin

STR: 4 STA: 1 CON: 3 WIS: 4 CHA: 3

"You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet,

there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

Current Challenge

Walking in a city full of people and cars is pretty overwhelming.

I'm sure. I'm in the exact opposite situation you are. There is nearly no one where I live. I'm one of four residents within a 50 mile (80km) radius. I'm sure Paris would be overwhelming to me...though I'd love to visit someday.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

walk 2/3

I moved quietly around the small field, keeping my eyes and ears open for what lay around. I was amazed at the new things I saw. This place was very familiar to me. I trained here every day. Today was different. Today I was looking for the things I miss when my concentration is on improving my skills, not on knowing everything around me.

--

I decided to walk the area I usually bike, and see what I don't notice when I'm working out. I saw a few interesting things. First off, the garbage cans around the park on my route are made in the USA. The stickers on them are very patriotic. Also, the person who owns one of the trucks I passed is a dog lover. The truck had a sticker of a dog print. Finally, the farm I pass (yes, it is a small town and this farm is in town) has not one but two colts right now. I never paid much attention to them. That's what I have to report.

Rogue Assassin

"You just have to get up one more time than life can knock you down."STR-3.5 DEX-10.25 STA-4 CON-3.5 WIS-6.25 CHA-5 

I went on my last intel gathering mission today.

It was again in foul weather, so I was unable to secure photographs.

During my last mission I noticed all the birds fleeing from the east. Today I went to further investigate that area.

The first item to report was what I presume to be a type of deterrent system. When I got to my designated location, my olfactory glands were overwhelmed with a foul stench. I believe this is a method of keeping unwanted eyes from this area. I wouldn't let this deter me from my mission, so I pushed on.

The second item to report is what type of deity is worshiped in this foreign land. I noticed many of the residential dwellings had statues of felines on their porch. One home even had their mail receptacle shaped like a feline. I am assuming that our enemy worships the feline as their god of war.

The bad weather ensured that I remained unnoticed. I pushed through the foul odor and found the most important piece of intel.

I found rectangles painted on the ground, each one was marked with a sign. The 3 signs read "reserved for crossing guards" Who ever these guards of the crossing are, may have information about the portals. We now know a location they frequently visit. If we wait for them, we may find the information we need.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer
STR 27  DEX 18  STA 15  CON 14  WIS 14  CHA 12

Current Challenge

Last night, I went on the prowl for intel which may aid the cause. Of note were three points:

1. A large tree seems to have grown to the point where it is close to severing a power line. I could hear the power line screeching against the bark as the wind blew. I can surmise that, if we simply wait a week, the tree shall grow further and the power will be cut to this part of the town, causing a communications blackout which will help hide our influence.

2. As referenced above, nature is at war with this human settlement. A metal sign, placed by the townsfolk an unknown number of years ago, is being engulfed by the tree it was posted next to. I swear to the deities, these humans do not know how to live with the natural world, opting instead to live beside it. If it wasn't for our uneasy truce, I would call this reprehensible. I was able to procure a picture of this anomaly in today's light.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5136[/ATTACH]

3. A small woodland creature, possibly a raccoon, crossed paths with me. A very rare sight, as such nocturnal animals prefer to avoid predators such as I.

I shall post later about the two reconnaissance outings I took part in today.

post-8727-1356724473991_thumb.jpg

Winged One

Werewolf Assassin

"A terrifying mixture of the wits of man and the agility and efficiency of the wolf. Once he has your scent, you will never be safe wherever you are."

STR: 3 DEX: 2 STA: 3 CON: 2 WIS: 5 CHA: 2

I took my final scouting mission Friday. Because it was the last mission, I decided to travel out a further distance to see if I could gain more infromation. I started out on my walk and stopped at the green area where the childeren practice their fitness training and perform feats of courage, such as hanging from large bars, or swinging high into the air and then jumping off into space.. I noticed a huge boulder and climbed up it to get a better view of the land. I thought it would be a good training spot for assasins to practice their jummping and lunging skills. I cotemplated jumping off it myself, but decided to wait until I had more skill As i walked on my journey, I noted places that could be of use for my fellow assasins to practice their feats of balance poses. Continuing on, I noticed several more large rocks (though not as big as the first) I decided these would be a good place for beginner assasins to practice their jumps. I leaped unto them and gracefully jumped off onto them, landing softly on the grass below. i went further and into new unknown territory. I noticed how many roads there were that were yet unexplored, and made a mental note to myself to come back and explore the new lands.

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

walk 3

-walking up 9 flights of stairs with groceries is tiring after doing 27 push ups

-my brothers girlfriend (5'5) is a lot harder to find in the grocery store than my dad (6'4)

-after working out grocery shopping is a baad idea cause you want EVERYTHING.....

i noticed more at the time but i'm so tired that its hard to think.... i'm gonna go to sleep now

DEX +1 WIS +1

Can't think of anything to report.... Ummm I noticed that the people who come to visit my small town seem to think that they can do whatever they want because they aren't in a city. Transgressions include: driving 20km/h in a 40km zone. Stopping in front of my house and watching me mow the lawn. Walking on the road and giving me the stink-eye for driving on it.

And I noticed that Walmart had The Boondock Saints. So far it's an excellent movie.

Haha, that's weird. Do they take photos too?

I offered. I even struck a pose and took my shirt off. Lol. Two awesome things happened. He got flustered and drive away, and his wife looked like she REALLY wanted to take a pic. I guess my working out has been going better than I thought. :D lol

I went on 4 walks this past week, all on my lunch break. 35 minutes each, 1.9 miles total. Even though I've walked this circuit every workday for almost a year now, I made a point to notice something I've never notices before on each walk.

Walk #1 - This was easy, after leaving the office and passing over a bridge that goes over a wooded area and a stream, I looked down into the wooded area and saw 2 deer off in the distance. I live and work in a very urban area, deer aren't exactly common around here. In fact this is my 3rd sighting since moving to Atlanta 10 years ago.

Walk #2 - There is a section of my walk, about 1/8th mile or so, where there is no sidewalk but a wide low traffic road. It really lends itself to walking on the curb to practice balance. However I'm on this road for 3/4 mile of my walk, it just so happens that the sidewalk ends. Instead of crossing over to take the sidewalk, I instead walked on the curb on the opposite side of the road for the entire length, skipping the sidewalk. The curb on that side is next to a wooded area and a field, but it is in good shape, well built, and not overgrown, good for walking long distances on.

Walk #3 - Much in the same vein of #1, I cross over a bridge over the stream and wooded area twice; my walking course is a long loop. Crossing over the second bridge (I saw the deer on the first) I stopped to observe the stream and noted that much to my surprise the stream contains fish, fairly large ones in fact. I didn't get close enough to see exactly what they were (bridge is a solid 50' above the water), but I'm guessing small bass. Larger than sunfish.

Walk #4 - They've been building out a lot along the path for quite some time. There is no building yet, but there has been earthwork all year. Curious, I stopped to investigate the building permit (all construction sites have building permits posted) to see if I could determine what it is that all the construction has been for. Apparently they are building a Speedway Gas station. This is actually great news as it will be the closest gas station to work by a long shot.

currently maintaning

battle log challenges: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
follow me: myfitnesspal
don't panic!

Although I hadn't read about this challenge until now, I accidentally completed it this week.

On Thursday, I walked the streets of the bustling Capital City for a half hour at midday. There were plenty of people bustling about, but nothing out of the ordinary, though the trees which had been looking very sad during this summer's drought were starting to look a little bit perkier and greener after some recent rains. (Translation: Did a half hour walk over lunch hour at work - I work in the County seat of St. Louis County)

On Friday, I walked many places. I tried the Capital again...I walked for 20 minutes and watched the citizens closely. I walked the markets and listened in on people who spoke of strange happenings in further parts of the realm. (Translation: 20 min lunchtime walk with a 10 min walk down S. Grand, which is all shopping and restaurants)

On Saturday, I traveled out to the parts of the realm where the "strange happenings" had been reported. I walked the forests to search for clues. The deer were out and a few lizards scuttled off rocks in the late afternoon sun, but there was no sign of anything odd. Then, at night, I sat in a clearing. I heard a bard owl calling. I saw bats overhead. And then I saw them. Bright and streaking across the sky. A sign! The next morning, after being woken by a Peregrine falcon screeching, I set out to return to town, so that I could report the strange lights in the sky to the Guild. (Translation: Camping Saturday. Setting up camp, hiking through the woods, then settling in for the Perseid meteor showers! The first meteorite I saw was HUGE! It left a trail all the way across the sky and burned so brightly!)

"What you want is irrelevant; what you've chosen is at hand." - Spock

Between Saturday and today, I walked to or from work four times. Three things I noticed:

1. How much ungodly noise my keys make. I put them away in my purse, and except for how loud the road noise is (I walk next to a very busy street), my walk was nice and quiet.

2. I heard distant popping that seemed too loud to be some kind of air nail gun, but might have been somebody practicing their rifle skills. In a reasonably populated neighborhood, so I actually hope it was just a loud air nailer.

3. Maybe this is a bit of a stretch, but I noticed the scale of the land directly around me. I've always noticed trees, but never how small this cluster of oaks is or how huge that lonely tree is next to what used to be a driveway. Some of the cracks in the parched dirt are as much as an inch wide and maybe 6 inches deep. Nebraska has had a very dry summer indeed.

Just-3-Points-Shy-of-Level-4 Half-Dwarf AssassinSTR 11 / DEX 9 / STA 7 / CON 10 / WIS 10 / CHA 10http://derpnikdrawing.tumblr.com/

Did a walk today while on break from work. Here's what I saw

-2 dead birds, right next to each other. Different species, probably (I didn't touch them to examine better). Maybe they ran into each other at high altitude and came crashing down?

-Strange buildings I'd never seen before, despite being on a road I've driven on. And, funny thing: the abandoned one had lots of wear, but around it was a repeating pattern: a single small rock placed improbably on top of a big rock. There were at least 3 of these. Homeless code, maybe?

-Hearing bugs far away is weird.

More, but nothing interesting, really. I think the reason we tune so much out is because a lot of it is kinda boring. But I enjoy these outings none the less.

Level 4 AssassinStr 8.50, Dex 7.25, Sta 6.75Con 6.00, Wis 8.00, Cha 6.00

My tumblrtumblr for silly band names

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines