Ben - "Let me 'splain...

zargle

No, there is too much. Let me sum up."

I am participating in a 4 day bike ride at the end of the month with my father. This is the 2nd time I am doing this ride, however this year I am a bit behind on my training. So what better way to get caught up than a 6-week challenge! This is the first challenge I am participating in, so I hope it goes well.

Goal 1 - Ride 3x a week (at least!)

Goal 2 - Complete a 45 mile ride

Goal 3 - Wake up before 9am (Don't ask, it's just something that I need to work on)

Goal 4 - Say 3 nice things to myself everyday

Wooooo.

I guess as an update, I've ridden twice this week, so I'm close to that goal for this week. I've also set up a little blog as another form of encouragement/accountability. Check it out if you want to - benrideshisbicycle

Good luck everyone!

SIGNIFICANT OTHER HIGH-FIVE OF SUPPORT.

But seriously, cool blog, Ben. We can do this!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why the biscuits? An old friend once noticed (and mentioned) that whenever I’m excited,

my face tends toward a huge, open-mouthed grin, as if to indicate, I want a biscuit!

“It’s your biscuit face,†he said, and it’s stuck ever since.

Guardian of Grammar | Dabbler in Nerdery |

6-Week-Challenger

Updates!

Goal 1 - ride 3x - completed with rides of 4 mi (but supes hilly), 12 miles, and 14 miles

Goal 2 - 45 miles - not yet, working towards it

Goal 3 - wake up - Successful M-F, and almost on sat/sun, so Im giving it a completed

Goal 4 - 3 nice things - hmmmm, didnt really keep track. I would say completed a few days, not completed a few days

Here's to a new week of fresh adventure!

Good goals. Keep at it. If you hit all the marks week 1, what kind of challenge would it be?

[TABLE=width: 700]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wherever you go, there you are.

FSJJunkie (FSJ = Full Size Jeep)

Spartan Scout w/ assassin tendencies

STR:7.75 DEX:7.33 STA:14 CON:5 WIS:7.5 CHA:4

Multisport Athlete (Triathlon/Duathlon/Offroad Triathlon/Adventure)

Previous Challenge

[/TABLE]

Well, there went a month without any updates. How silly of me!

As I said before, I was aiming to get ready for a four day event in early Sept. Leading up to this, I was able to achieve my first goal of riding 3x a week and my third goal of waking up early. I was not able to reach my 2nd goal of a longer ride before the trip however. I guess that goal could be considered achieved over my trip, though as I rode four days in a row distances of 75, 88, 93, and 70 miles. Quite a rough four days. My lack of training led to a slight knee injury, but it is recovering nicely now.

So all in all, things have gone okay this 6 week challenge so far. I am going to focus more on the third and fourth goals, as well as getting more grounded in a schedule as I started a new job recently while also doing grad school. Tricky times! I hope everyone else's challenges are going super swell.

Congrats on completing the 4 day event. That's a lot of time in the saddle. Sleep is SO important for recovery and healing. That's one of my goals this time around. Extra hard for you with school and a new job. Keep at it!

[TABLE=width: 700]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wherever you go, there you are.

FSJJunkie (FSJ = Full Size Jeep)

Spartan Scout w/ assassin tendencies

STR:7.75 DEX:7.33 STA:14 CON:5 WIS:7.5 CHA:4

Multisport Athlete (Triathlon/Duathlon/Offroad Triathlon/Adventure)

Previous Challenge

[/TABLE]

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines