Motivational and Inspirational Quotes

"Pressure makes diamonds" - Gen. George S. Patton

"Who dares, wins" - motto of the British Special Air Service

Level 8 Half-Elven Ninja (3 Assassin/5 Monk)

[sTR 15.5] [DEX 13] [CON 10] [sTA 13] [WIS 19] [CHA 9]

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

"Pressure makes diamonds." - Gen. George S. Patton

about.me/daniel.mccarthy Follow my blog

Audiomachine - Apollo's triumph

Linked that here because in the comments:

[mynameisvampka]

"every time i listen to an audiomachine track, i want to be - and i feel like - a hero.

>.< then the song ends and i realize that i'm just... a nobody with a boring life."

[Obi Wan Kenobi]

"no-body is a no-body.. everyone can shine..

it just depends on what you do with your life

and how brightly you make yourself shine.."

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

"Ask yourself whether you are happy and you cease to be so."

--  John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)  

Happiness is in the moment.  The second you start to wonder about happiness is when you lose that moment.

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

"Promote yourself, but do not demote another."

-- Israel Salanter 

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

I read this on a blog I follow yesterday, and it really stuck with me. It's long, but worthwhile reading, I think.

“Imagine you’re rowing a boat on a foggy lake, and out of the fog comes another boat that crashes into you! At first you’re angry at the fool who crashed into you — what was he thinking! You just painted the boat. But then you notice the boat is empty, and the anger leaves … you’ll have to repaint the boat, that’s all, and you just row around the empty boat. But if there were a person steering the boat, we’d be angry!

Here’s the thing: the boat is always empty. Whenever we interact with other people who might “do something to us†(be rude, ignore us, be too demanding, break our favorite coffee cup, etc.), we’re bumping into an empty boat. We just think there’s some fool in that boat who should have known better, but really it’s just a boat bumping into us, no harm intended by the boat.

That’s a hard lesson to learn, because we tend to imbue the actions of others with a story of their intentions, and how they should have acted instead. We think they’re out to get us, or they should base their lives around being considerate to us and not offending us. But really they’re just doing their thing, without bad intent, and the boat just happens to bump into us.â€

-Originally from Everyday Zen by Charlotte Joko Beck, paraphrased by Leo Babauta

• Like 1

Tseecka
Lvl 2 Amazonian Adventurer
STR: 8 DEX: 5 STA: 3.5 CON: 6.5 WIS: 6.5 CHA: 1.5
"When you have eliminated the impossible, what remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~*~Exercise daily if convenient. If inconvenient, exercise anyway~*~
Daily Battle Log: HERE

Accountibilibuddies: Looking :(

"There is nothing impossible to he who will try." - Alexander The Great

â€œIt is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.â€- Albus Dumbledore

Level 2 Gladiatrix-in-Training

Spartan Warrior 

STR 8; DEX 4; STA 4.75; CON 5; WIS 2.75; CHA 4.5

"A man must accept his fate, or be destroyed by it."

"Do or do not, there is no try."

"Find your limits. Then step back, take a good look, then plow through them." - Unknown

Lvl 5 Lightbending Bard
STR: 10 | DEX: 10 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 5.5
"If the desire to write is not accompanied by actual writing, then the desire must be not to write." - Hugh Prather

Feel free to drop by my current challenge!

I read this on a blog I follow yesterday, and it really stuck with me. It's long, but worthwhile reading, I think.

“Imagine you’re rowing a boat on a foggy lake, and out of the fog comes another boat that crashes into you! At first you’re angry at the fool who crashed into you — what was he thinking! You just painted the boat. But then you notice the boat is empty, and the anger leaves … you’ll have to repaint the boat, that’s all, and you just row around the empty boat. But if there were a person steering the boat, we’d be angry!

Here’s the thing: the boat is always empty. Whenever we interact with other people who might “do something to us†(be rude, ignore us, be too demanding, break our favorite coffee cup, etc.), we’re bumping into an empty boat. We just think there’s some fool in that boat who should have known better, but really it’s just a boat bumping into us, no harm intended by the boat.

That’s a hard lesson to learn, because we tend to imbue the actions of others with a story of their intentions, and how they should have acted instead. We think they’re out to get us, or they should base their lives around being considerate to us and not offending us. But really they’re just doing their thing, without bad intent, and the boat just happens to bump into us.â€

-Originally from Everyday Zen by Charlotte Joko Beck, paraphrased by Leo Babauta

Nice!  I like the analogy.  I may repost that.

Spoiler

"Find your limits. Then step back, take a good look, then plow through them." - Unknown

Love it!  Thanks!

"Many small steps will cover the same amount of ground as a one big leap, and you will land where you need to, not just where you aimed."

-- JediNickD aka Nick Deplitch

Spoiler

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If an egg is broken from an inside force, life begins." - Unknown

Lvl 5 Lightbending Bard
STR: 10 | DEX: 10 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 5.5
"If the desire to write is not accompanied by actual writing, then the desire must be not to write." - Hugh Prather

Feel free to drop by my current challenge!

When I feel inferior:

“You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.†–A.A. Milne

Because I failed:

You ain't the only one who has problems!
You ain't the only one who knows pain!
Get up off your ass and just solve it.
Theres still time for you to try and change.

Know that:

“Even if you stumble, you’re still moving forward.â€

Because the truth is that:

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life — It goes on" -- Robert Frost

So in the end, face yourself and say:

"I'm grateful for this moment of weakness I'm about to overcome. Through it, I am strong." -- Me

Adventurer | Level 1

CON: 0 | STR: 0 | STA: 0 | DEX: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

On Hiatus

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life — It goes on" -- Robert Frost

When I feel inferior:

“You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.†–A.A. Milne

Because I failed:

You ain't the only one who has problems!

You ain't the only one who knows pain!

Get up off your ass and just solve it.

Theres still time for you to try and change.

Know that:

“Even if you stumble, you’re still moving forward.â€

Because the truth is that:

So in the end, face yourself and say:

"I'm grateful for this moment of weakness I'm about to overcome. Through it, I am strong." -- Me

All these are awesome!

Here's a new one:

"Try as hard as we may for perfection, the net result of our labors is an amazing variety of imperfectness. We are surprised at our own versatility in being able to fail in so many different ways."

- Samuel McChord Crothers  

• Like 1

Spoiler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

- Walt Disney (1901 - 1966) 

Spoiler

A personal favorite:

If you can't love yourself, how the hell are you gonna love somebody else? Can I get an amen up in here?

~ RuPaul

Enjoy!

And remember

DON"T FUCK IT UP!

I love Ru!!!!

BEST "reality TV" show on TV EVER.  It's my favorite "mindless entertainment.  Those guys are SMOKING ladies!

"Some men have thousands of reasons why they can't do what they want to when all they need is one reason why they can." - Willis Whitney

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Gandhi

Awesome thread, subbed.

Level 2 Imp. Assassin at heart, training with the Adventurers - Challenges: 1 , 2(Current)STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 6 | CON 4,75 | WIS 4,5 | CHA 3,75

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West

And remember

DON"T FUCK IT UP!

I love Ru!!!!

BEST "reality TV" show on TV EVER.  It's my favorite "mindless entertainment.  Those guys are SMOKING ladies!

Gentlemen, start your engines! And may the best woman WIN! 

God, I love Ru. :D 

QUOTES/THOUGHTS when I get really hard on myself, when I end up in depression. 

[1] Mind Your Self-Talk. It's a conversation with the universe.

[2] Would you talk to a dear friend, the way you talk to yourself. 

[3] I don't get cute. I get drop dead gorgeous. (Drag Race gem, which really gets you motivated to deliver the best you can)

Level 1 - Adventurer (Cthulhu in dusguise, but don't mind me)

STR: 2 І DEX: 1 І STA: 1 І CON: 2 І WIS: 5 І CHA: 4

Be mindful of your Self-Talk. It's a conversation with the universe.