Garjan vs Blade - Bodyweight Battle

Blade and I are linking up for a bodyweight PvP to increase our skills over this 6 week challenge.

PvP Details:

1) Graded on total reps completed for each exercise.

2) Maximum 3 nonconsecutive days per week with 3-5 sets

3) Sets must be completed within 1 hour from start of first set (so warm ups and cool downs don't count for time, and pushups during TV don't count towards reps)

The exercises will be:

Pushups

Squats

Pullups

Lunges

Planks

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

So excited about the PvP that I had to go and get my workout in today.

Total Time: 39 minutes (I'm using a kitchen timer to count down the hour so I won't run over)

Pushups: 14, 13, 10 = (37 total)

Squats: 30, 30, 25 = (85 total)

Pullups: 5, 5, 4 = (14 total) .... I'm still on negative pullups, need to determine how those will be counted

Lunges: 20, 20, 20 = (60 total) ... 10 per leg, assuming we are counting cumulatively

Planks: 50 sec, 55 sec, 49 sec = (2:34 total)

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

So excited about the PvP that I had to go and get my workout in today.

Total Time: 39 minutes (I'm using a kitchen timer to count down the hour so I won't run over)

Pushups: 14, 13, 10 = (37 total)

Squats: 30, 30, 25 = (85 total)

Pullups: 5, 5, 5 = (??? total) .... I'm still on negative pullups, need to determine how those will be counted

Lunges: 20, 20, 20 = (60 total) ... 10 per leg, assuming we are counting cumulatively

Planks: 50 sec, 55 sec, 49 sec = (3 total)

Awesome! You're wasting no time. We have the same idea re. lunges, so keep counting the cumulative number. I'm planning on running tomorrow and lifting Sunday (headed home to visit parents, so have to take advantage of a weight bench and wooded trails), but the pressure's on now. Well done, I gotta play some catch up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wookie Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering." - Teddy Roosevelt

Awesome! You're wasting no time. We have the same idea re. lunges, so keep counting the cumulative number. I'm planning on running tomorrow and lifting Sunday (headed home to visit parents, so have to take advantage of a weight bench and wooded trails), but the pressure's on now. Well done, I gotta play some catch up!

Yeah, the trick is that I need to keep being motivated. The past two challenges I felt my motivation drop as the challenge went on. Hope you enjoyed the equipment and trails, I love taking a weekend up at the family hunting cabin and just spending time wandering around in the woods.

Took advantage of a weight bench at my parents' house Sunday morning, and I figure I'll count the following toward my totals:

Pushups: 20 = (20 total)

Squats: 10, 20, 8, 8 = (46 total) - done with weight, but for these purposes, I'll consider them bodyweight

Feels like we might need an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of our totals here...I've still got lots of catch up to do!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wookie Ranger

"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering." - Teddy Roosevelt

Took advantage of a weight bench at my parents' house Sunday morning, and I figure I'll count the following toward my totals:

Pushups: 20 = (20 total)

Squats: 10, 20, 8, 8 = (46 total) - done with weight, but for these purposes, I'll consider them bodyweight

Feels like we might need an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of our totals here...I've still got lots of catch up to do!

Sorry, did another workout today. :/ Don't know if I'll continue to be this organized when my internship routine ends on friday

I agree about the excel spreadsheet... I've been keeping track of my daily steps in one, but just added a Bodyweight PvP tab to help me with my math.

Total Time: 31 minutes

Pushups: 18, 14, 12 = (44 total) = 81 cumulative

Squats: 30, 27, 28 = (85 total) = 170 cumulative

Pullups (negatives): 5, 5, 5 = (15 total) = 29 cumulative

Lunges: 30, 30, 24 = (84 total) = 144 cumulative

Planks: 63 sec, 46 sec, 45 sec = (2:34 total) = 5:08 cumulative

• Like 1

Pfffff... never apologize for getting more workouts in. My prediction - you will kick my ass on the legs (especially lunges), I'll eventually win pushups and pullups, and we'll come out about even in planks. Should get a proper workout in on Wednesday - I'll let you know how much damage I can do!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wookie Ranger

I look forward to seeing your update tomorrow with your immense wookie arm strength ;)

Alrighty, update. Didn't have a pullup bar available, but got the rest of the workout in, in about 20 minutes. Here are the numbers:

Total Time: 20 minutes

Pushups: 25, 10, 15, 20 = (70 total) = 90 cumulative

Squats: 20, 30, 15 = (65 total) = 109 cumulative

Pullups: 0 = (0 total) = 0 cumulative

Lunges: 30, 20, 20 = (70 total) = 70 cumulative

Planks: 60 sec, 60 sec = (2:00 total) = 2:00 cumulative

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wookie Ranger

Nice job on the pushups! And wow, time is a much better way to keep track of planks. *shakes head* Going to go update my previous posts.

Also did a workout today. I need to work on getting my sets done quicker.

Total Time = 20 min

Pushups: 19, 16 = (35 total) = 116 cumulative

Squats: 20, 20 = (40 total) = 210 cumulative

Pullups (negatives): 6, 7 = (13 total) = 42 cumulative

Lunges: 20, 16 = (36 total) = 180 cumulative

Planks (side): 30 sec, 30 sec, 30 sec, 30 sec = (2:00 total) = 7:08 cumulative

Don't know if I'll get time to do another bodyweight workout this week. Looks like you are going to pass me in pushups very soon though

Hey Blade, how are you holding up?

I didn't feel like working out, but figured I had to do something. Just did a quick 30 min routine of warmup, pushups, cool down.

4 sets of 15 pushups = (60 total) = 176 cumulative

Nice work on the pushups, Garjan! I've been slacking, but will put a dent in your numbers tomorrow morning. One of these days I'm actually going to get ahead so I'm not always playing catch up. Look out now...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wookie Ranger

AM workout! Made some progress, which I'm guessing Garjan will come back and immediately annihilate. Numbers:

Pushups: 20, 20, 16, 15, 20 = (91 total) = 181 cumulative

Squats: 40, 30, 30, 25 = (125 total) = 234 cumulative

Lunges: 30, 25, 30 = (85 total) = 155 cumulative

Planks: 1:15, 1:15, 1:00 = (3:30 total) = 5:30 cumulative

Actually ahead (for now) in a couple! Your move.

On other note, did we ever figure out how pullups would be tracked vs. negative pullups?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wookie Ranger

15 minute little blitz workout this evening, since I didn't have a ton of time. Here are the numbers:

Pushups: 30, 20, 15 = (65 total) = 246 cumulative

Squats: 40, 30 = (70 total) = 304 cumulative

Lunges: 25, 15 = (40 total) = 195 cumulative

Planks: 1:30, 1:00 = (2:30 total) = 8:00 cumulative

Looking forward to seeing your next workout, Garjan!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wookie Ranger

Hey Blade, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I was lazy and took a week off from working out, but I'm getting back into it now. Especially since it looks like I have some catching up to do.

I'm back at school now so I used weights today. I'll count the weighted squats as bodyweight and try to get in 2 bodyweight workouts later this week.

As far as pullups go, I don't think we ever figured out any multiplier. I'll be doing band assisted now, but maybe negatives count as 50% (because it's only the lowering part) and band assisted counts as 70% of a pullup? I have not put any multiplier on my pullup numbers yet, so they are currently counting as 1. Though it doesn't look like you have found a bar to use yet, so maybe we should take those off the list for our PvP?

Anyway, here's the part of my workout that counts towards our challenge. I was in the gym for a total of 45 min for my entire workout.

Squats (w/ bar but counting as bodyweight) = 10, 10, 10, 10 = (40 total) = 250 cumulative

Pullup (band assisted) = 5, 4, 4, 2, 1 = (16 total) = 58 cumulative

Planks = 32 sec, 30 sec, 30 sec = (1:32 total) = 8:40 cumulative

Here's my next workout, from Thursday.

Workout: 25 min

Pushups - 10, 10, 10, 10 = (40 total) = 216 cumulative

Squats - 20, 20, 20, 20 = (80 total) = 330 cumulative

Lunges - 20, 20, 20, 20 = (80 total) = 260 cumulative

Planks - 60 s, 45 s, 45 s, 30 s = (3 min total) = 11:40 cumulative

Your turn :)

So I didn't update my workouts from last week:

Tuesday Sept 4:

Squats - 4 sets of 10 = (40 total) = 370 cumulative

Planks - 3 sets of 30 sec = (1:30 total) = 13:10 cumulative

Thursday Sept 6:

Band assisted pullups: 1, 3, 3, 2 = (9 total) = 67 cumulative

DB Lunges: 3 sets of 5/leg = (30 total) = 290 cumulative