• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Waltron

How many Canadian Rebels do we have!?

I should totally tell that to one of my co-workers, he tries to bike-in as much as possible (even winter) :D  He'd have a laugh with it (super laid back type of guy).

Ah, how do you find it in that area?  We're looking at a couple places for an income property  (renovate an in law suite and rent out one unit (students?)and I'll have the other) but mostly near Iris and near the Queensway transitway station since it's so close to my workplace.

Any chance either of you go to goodlife? It's be nice to be able to actually meet someone for gym time shenanigans.

LOL, I don't have a membership, but if they still do the daily pass/weekly pass I can be talked into it :P I have access to the gym at work but you're right, sometimes it IS nice to socialize while I get gross and sweaty.

No kidding nobody at my gym speaks :) it sucks. But it's generally a nice place. I think they do the weekly pass things although my sister has a membership that she never uses and since it's on my account I'm cool with letting someone use her tag mow and then :)

No kidding nobody at my gym speaks :)

I'm a security guard at work, so when I started to use the gym upstairs this week, EVERYONE was so excited to see me there. It was a little surreal for me. I'm so used to the dead silent gym types! I've had memberships at an Extreme Fitness, and Goodlife in my life but didn't keep either one. The one at work is super convient to me because I just go usptairs after my shif. tada, no excuses. I can get pretty in my own head when I workout though, something I've found necessary because otherwise I get super self conscious about what other people are thinking about me. Ugh, insecurities SUCK.

• Like 1

I'm jealous of how close your gym is to work :P there is one a few blocks from my work but it is always insanely busy and I find the staff at that one are a bit rude. I usually use the goodlife at Blair in the mall since I used to run the Subway in there so it was insanely convenient. I miss it there so I bus across town to use it. It is tiny and doesn't have much space for free weights but it feels comfortable and that matters a lot for me.

I'm jealous of how close your gym is to work :tongue: there is one a few blocks from my work but it is always insanely busy and I find the staff at that one are a bit rude. I usually use the goodlife at Blair in the mall since I used to run the Subway in there so it was insanely convenient. I miss it there so I bus across town to use it. It is tiny and doesn't have much space for free weights but it feels comfortable and that matters a lot for me.

Comfort is a big part of encouraging attendance. My work gym is comfy and has 90% of the equipment I need. And the few pieces it doesn't have I can make a workable analog of with the available tools.

Yeah, we've got everything I'd reasonably need where I usually go, I just have no clue how to use half of it yet, and despite the truck load of youtube how to videos I've seen, I cannot for the life of me translate the video into my own actions, I have never been very good at learning from video though so there's that :P

Yeah, we've got everything I'd reasonably need where I usually go, I just have no clue how to use half of it yet, and despite the truck load of youtube how to videos I've seen, I cannot for the life of me translate the video into my own actions, I have never been very good at learning from video though so there's that :tongue:

Ah, that's where I got lucky. My brother is a fitness trainer in Cambridge but before he moved out there, I was his favourite guinea pig for teaching form to. So I learned growing up how to use equipment and what it feels like when I use proper form vs improper form. My squat form STILL sucks, but that's because I had underlying issues that we didn't know existed at the time and I am working to correct them. But I'm learned to use free weights and equipment based training.

I am stupid jealous of you now! :D

Nah, it just means we'll have to get together so we can go over form until you feel comfortable with it. Best thing my brother ever taught me, was that it's alright to feel ridiculous. Some moves you're a silver back gorilla, some moves you're an anteater. And sometimes, you're the motherf*cking honey badger. It's all good.

• Like 2

Ah, that's where I got lucky. My brother is a fitness trainer in Cambridge but before he moved out there, I was his favourite guinea pig for teaching form to. So I learned growing up how to use equipment and what it feels like when I use proper form vs improper form. My squat form STILL sucks, but that's because I had underlying issues that we didn't know existed at the time and I am working to correct them. But I'm learned to use free weights and equipment based training.

Where about does your brother work? I need a PT who knows something about free weights, and I'm in Cambridge! Probably looking at getting back to it in a couple months. Right now, school is toooooo cray zay

Where about does your brother work? I need a PT who knows something about free weights, and I'm in Cambridge! Probably looking at getting back to it in a couple months. Right now, school is toooooo cray zay

His name is Greg Fleming and he works at anytime fitness. He had a degree in kinesiology with a focus on sports and athletic training and conditioning.

His name is Greg Fleming and he works at anytime fitness. He had a degree in kinesiology with a focus on sports and athletic training and conditioning.

Wow! That sounds awesome! Thanks! Definitely sound like someone who knows what they are on about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! That sounds awesome! Thanks! Definitely sound like someone who knows what they are on about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apparently it's the anytime fitness in Galt, whatever that means

I'm jealous of how close your gym is to work :tongue: there is one a few blocks from my work but it is always insanely busy and I find the staff at that one are a bit rude. I usually use the goodlife at Blair in the mall since I used to run the Subway in there so it was insanely convenient. I miss it there so I bus across town to use it. It is tiny and doesn't have much space for free weights but it feels comfortable and that matters a lot for me.

Being comfortable is totally the reason I cancelled my GoodLife sub.  It was always packed and I barely had any room to do stuff at the one near my job and I hated going in there because of it :(  Glad Blair does the trick for you :)

Ottawanite right now. Originally from Pickering which is spitting distance to Toronto. Not sure but might end up moving out to Vancouver in the next few years, depending on job.

I'm origally from Thunder Bay (via Ottawa valley for a couple years) and am in Northern BC now. Awesome to see people from Ottawa here!

Yay finally someone in Ottawa! I'm not alone! *flails happily*

So as it turns out, I'll be visiting my family in Ottawa in about a month for a couple days. Anyone want to do a Canadian/Ottawa Rebel Meetup?

• Like 1

Representin' the wilds of Manitoba here, but I've been to all corners with the Army, so I like to think of myself as a well-rounded Canadian.

Sounds like you're an All Arounded Canadian

• Like 1

I'm origally from Thunder Bay (via Ottawa valley for a couple years) and am in Northern BC now. Awesome to see people from Ottawa here!

So as it turns out, I'll be visiting my family in Ottawa in about a month for a couple days. Anyone want to do a Canadian/Ottawa Rebel Meetup?

Sure! PM me and we can figure things out.

Where abouts in Northern BC? We're about 2 hours away from Dawson Creek in GP.

And I totally missed that.  Prince George here (which, as Stuart Mclean just pointed out isn't really NORTH, but it's kinda close enough for me).

And I totally missed that.  Prince George here (which, as Stuart Mclean just pointed out isn't really NORTH, but it's kinda close enough for me).

Oh hi there! I'm in Quesnel. Haha, that's awesome. I tell people that I live up North, but its not reeeaaally north, considering Vanderhoof is the geographic centre of the province. I'm super jealous, did you get to go to Vinyl Cafe?!? I wanted to go but had to work :(

Quesnel, which is south of Prince George on the way to Kamloops.

• Like 1

Front row centre. :D Fifteen years of listening to him on the radio really doesn't get across that he is in a CONSTANT state of motion while talking, somewhere between a samba, capoeira, and an air-traffic ground controller. He said the show will air the weekend of May 22nd. :D