How many Canadian Rebels do we have!?

And I totally missed that.  Prince George here (which, as Stuart Mclean just pointed out isn't really NORTH, but it's kinda close enough for me).

My consideration of North is anything past the Caribou, so I think you count as North. :) We're only slightly more North, but I know that can make a huge difference in temp. 

Hubby has fam in PG, just never been - will have to make a trek out at some point.

Level 2 Wood Elf Scout

(Current) Challenge #2

Sounds like you're an All Arounded Canadian

That was a 'dad joke' if ever there was one! :playful:

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

That was a 'dad joke' if ever there was one! :playful:

Excellent, that means my dad has taught me well.

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Anyone from the GTA here?

Originally from Pickering, 45 min out of T.O. You?

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

East end of TO. I think.. I moved here from Hamilton, I'm not really sure where things are (like North York? East York? Lawrence Park? Palmerston? Davenport? Dovercourt?). I hear all these neighbourhoods and they mean nothing! haha

LOL, I know what you mean. TO was not designed to be easy to get around in.

I love ya'll in the GTA and Ottawa areas (and always love to the rest of Canada!) but where are all the "outside the big city" folks? Bowmanville is small, I know, but we need some Durham/Clarington pride. <3

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

MFP: kelliefications | battlelog | NF instagram

The NF Society

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

STR 2.25 DEX 2.25 STA 2.25 CON 4 WIS 7 CHA 10.25

campaign -  act iiiact iiact i

I love ya'll in the GTA and Ottawa areas (and always love to the rest of Canada!) but where are all the "outside the big city" folks? Bowmanville is small, I know, but we need some Durham/Clarington pride. <3

I'm originally from Pickering, which I do believe is in the Durham region

• Like 1

I'm originally from Pickering, which I do believe is in the Durham region

I've been out that way a few times since coming up here! :)

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

MFP: kelliefications | battlelog | NF instagram

The NF Society

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

STR 2.25 DEX 2.25 STA 2.25 CON 4 WIS 7 CHA 10.25

campaign -  act iiiact iiact i

My girlfriend is originally from Peterborough, so we were out in the GTA last June visiting the family and attending a couple of weddings.  Her parents (mother and new step-dad) got married on a boat just off the Toronto harbour and it was a pretty magnificent night, I must say.

Then we were back just after the New Year, but to Ottawa to attend her grandfather's funeral.  He was a former Chief of Defense Staff so it was a pretty big deal.  Thirty or so old generals and the current Governor General in attendance.

In other news, I shall finally be completing my Canadian Tour this fall by setting foot in Victoria and heading off to see a cousin in Salt Springs.  I'll have to make an effort to step in the Pacific to complete my Canadian ocean set.

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Newbie just arrived both on NF and also in Canada.  Moved here from Scotland, and now living in Kemptville, 30 mins south of Ottawa.  Hi All!

Hello!!

I know where Kemptville is :D You're my almost/kinda neighbor :D I'm a straight run up the 416 highway from where you live now :D Welcome to Canada! Which part of Scotland did you move here from?

Hey Trewest!  30 minutes on 416 must be Cardinal / Prescott area, is it?  I actually work in Iroquois, so know that area pretty well.

We lived just outside Glasgow before moving over here, but we've moved around a bit.  Grew up near Dundee, and lived a long time in England then a few years in India before back to Scotland and then finally here.

Been here just over a year - love your summers, not sure about your winters (or driving 416 in blizzards!)

Hey Trewest!  30 minutes on 416 must be Cardinal / Prescott area, is it?  I actually work in Iroquois, so know that area pretty well.

We lived just outside Glasgow before moving over here, but we've moved around a bit.  Grew up near Dundee, and lived a long time in England then a few years in India before back to Scotland and then finally here.

Been here just over a year - love your summers, not sure about your winters (or driving 416 in blizzards!)

Bell's Corner, that's me. There's a damn good Irish/Scottish restaurant in Stittsville called The Glenn; has the closest to authentic Haggis that I've been able to find. And they have the Scottish Pint as well as the smaller 'traditional' Pint as well.

I've never been to Scotland but it is definitely on my list of places to go. I'm a Fleming so it only seems fitting that I go explore where my Grandfather grew up :D

Bell's Corner, that's me. There's a damn good Irish/Scottish restaurant in Stittsville called The Glenn; has the closest to authentic Haggis that I've been able to find. And they have the Scottish Pint as well as the smaller 'traditional' Pint as well.

I've never been to Scotland but it is definitely on my list of places to go. I'm a Fleming so it only seems fitting that I go explore where my Grandfather grew up :D

Doh - you're north, not south - sorry ;-)    I have heard of the Glen but never visited yet. Causes too many arguments about who's going to drive home!   Let me know if you do manage to get to Scotland - I'll give you the insider info on where to visit ;-)

• Like 1

The girlfriend's family and I are taking a vacation to England this autumn, hopefully with a segue to Scotland because that's where one side of my folk come from.  It might only end up being a few days or a week but I'm really banking on a visit to Edinburgh and the Highlands, maybe the old Clan lands.

I hope you enjoy it Rurik - it really can be spectacular.  I love Edinburgh (lived there for 3 years).  The only piece of advice I'd give .... take a rain jacket ;-)  I'll be interested to hear how it goes, and if you have questions or want some ideas, just shout!