egg yolks worse than smoking.

The very second comment:

I have eaten 2 eggs a day for as long as I can remember, and on my last checkup my cholesterol was perfect. Eggs do have a lot of cholesterol but most of it is HDL (good) cholesterol. It is no different then eating red meat or other non bird meats.

If you look into the research further on the Western website you will note that the mean age of the 1000 people in the study was 61.5..... It was not a controlled experiment and the study was done on his current patients. (he is a heart doctor for people with high cholesterol)

With an active lifestyle no Canadian should ever fear eating eggs, and I'll bet that half of the people in the "study" can barely even walk... But I guess now I can give up eggs and start smoking because doc said so.

So, not a controlled experiment. How embarrassing for the doctor. (also I suppose kinda repeating what OfficeGuy said)

This too, shall pass.

lol "science".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

That isn't an experiment or study at all. They picked what they felt like was the cause, ignored anything that wasn't what they picked and made the results fit their original hypothesis. I could make the same irrational response by stating that watching the Kardashians leads to brain tumors.

I can tell you one thing, if this "knowledge" becomes prevalent, I am not going to eat my eggs 50 feet outside the public building entrances. I'll eat my eggs wherever I damn well please!

Fun Fact: Did you know 100% of people who drink water die? True statement

Well, the number one cause of death is a complete loss of life, right?

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

No that's the indication of death not the cause. If we're going that right the true cause of death would be life itself :P

Well in that case, sex causes more deaths than shark attacks, bee stings, car wrecks and autoerotic asphyxiation combined.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Correlation does not equal causation which is why I always take any "scientific" study with a grain of salt.

Fun Fact: Did you know 100% of people who drink water die? True statement

Fixed it for ya

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise