Challenge 2 - Relocate!

Greetings Assassins,

You all did an excellent job gathering intel in the past week. We're almost ready to make our next move, but we need to begin by relocating provisions to our current location. The guild leaders have decided it would make the most sense to set up a base of operations within the ruins of the castle.

Your challenge is this:

In order to relocate our old base to the fallen castle, you must get supplies here however necessary. This week, either in replacement of one of your workouts or in addition to one, spend 15-30 minutes moving something heavy for distance. Drag it, push it, pull it, carry it, move it however you can! Make sure your object is reasonably heavy, enough to be challenging, but not so heavy that you're going to injure yourself - as always, be brave, but be safe first and foremost.

A few ideas:

You can do intervals (periods of work punctuated with periods of rest), or just go for straight up distance - the choice is yours!

The deadline for this challenge is Monday, August 20th.

Your reward for completing the challenge will be +1 STR and +1 STA

Good luck, Assassins.

Your thoughts are free, let your bodies be the same.

PS - Squads will be up later this week :)

Valar Morghulis

This would come two days after I've been dragging my giant duffle bag up and down hills between bus stops and train stations...

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

And here I just spent the day moving heavy boxes of files at work. Made a nice tall stack of 'em, too. Oh well, maybe I'll get to move them some more next week ... or there's always my big pink sacks of ... gravel. (yes I said gravel, as in the stuff that's like sand only chunkier. Get your brain out of the gutter.)

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

My wife and I are moving into our new home this week, looks like I get the bonus of finishing a mini challenge as well.

My sore back will award me some stat points.

Oh, lift from the legs my friend. When you go to pick something up, you must squat down, grab the object, and stand up keeping your back straight. It takes a couple more seconds, but much easier to rescue partners and kidnap damsels that way ^^ Ask our buddies over in the Warrior's guild; like they say, a friend will help you move, but a TRUE friend will help you move bodies...

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I didn't complete the first assignment because I did not manage my time properly, so I am determined to do this. And I carry my backpack everywhere, so this should be doable.

"In the silence of your bones and eyes forgotten magic sits and waits for fire." 

-Robert Montgomery

Assassin Crest

human assassin | viper jock
STA: 6.25 | STR: 6.5 | CHA: 9 | WIS: 12 | DEX: 5 | CON: 6.5

Sister's Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Fitocracy

Drat! I just carried a 20kg bag of dog food around a store and out to the car but only took 10 minutes. If only I'd been on the forum earlier and seen this I'd have wandered around a little more! It would have been so easy!

I'll have to think of something else now...

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

One of my goals in this 6 week challenge is pertinent to what is going on here:

Each week I will browse the other Guilds and adopt one of their mini-challenges and unofficially take part, purely for my own development. I'll be taking it fairly easy on my upper body strength exercise for the first week or two so my choices will reflect this.

This week I will be stalking the Assassins and "carrying heavy stuff around" for at least 15 minutes at a time.

Here's me and my Epic Quest: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/61826

I don't know about carrying something heavy for 15-30 minutes, solid. But I work in construction so it's entirely probably that I'll spend upwards of 70 hours this week carrying things ranging in weight from 'pretty light' to 'make two trips' but I'll see if I can't find something moderately heavy and do a few laps around site.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

I had heard rumors that my leaders had a new assignment for me. As I waited for their summons, I continued my training. As i worked out in the forest, I saw a familiar pigeon fly by. It landed quietly on a nearby stump, waiting patiently for me to retrieve the scroll it held. Excitedly I read the message " The townspeople are in desperate need of help. The city wall was damaged in the last enemy attack and your assistance is needed to rebuild the wall" I grabbed my gear and set out. It was a perfect day for this kind of work. The work was hard. Their were rocks to be carried from the river bed, and buckets of gravel. We had to carry the lumber from the forest to the town. Midway through the day, a small band of goblins attacked. I picked up some large rocks and hurled them at the goblins. The goblins quickly fled, when they saw that the town had the protection of the Rebellion Force. At the end of the day, my arms were tired,but much good had been aacomplished.

Wednesday was a great day for me to do this challenge. I hadn't scheduled a regular workout day, but had left it open to do whatever I wanted. So I lifted stuff. And in between I picked up some rocks and threw them across the yard. Just because I think its fun. Usually when I do farmers walk I do for distance.This time I did a little lighter and went for time. Wow, I was tired at the end. We had a leftover section of beam in our yard from our deck building, so I carried that around , holding it a few differant ways. And I carried a big rock. And filled a sled full of kettlebells and drug it around. Then to finish off, I carried buckets of gravel around for about 3 minutes. All total I carried heavy stuff for 16 minutes. I was kind of hoping to make it closer to 30, but am pretty happy with what I did.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I had just been recently inspired by an article about GORUCK before I read this challenge so I decided to go outside this morning and see what shape I was actually in. I made it about an hour and a half with a 25 pound backpack load. I wanted to die about thirty minutes in but I found a crabapple tree and juggled the apples with one hand for about a quarter of a mile and that distracted me over that sticking point. I wandered around for over two hours but I stopped at a park to futz around and do some parkour so only 1.5 hours actually counts.

AND I learned I'm no where near ready for a GORUCK but...now I have something new to train for! That was a blast! I wish I had some friends to buddy-carry around but I highly doubt any of my friends would let me pick them up....

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

I had just been recently inspired by an article about GORUCK before I read this challenge so I decided to go outside this morning and see what shape I was actually in. I made it about an hour and a half with a 25 pound backpack load. I wanted to die about thirty minutes in but I found a crabapple tree and juggled the apples with one hand for about a quarter of a mile and that distracted me over that sticking point. I wandered around for over two hours but I stopped at a park to futz around and do some parkour so only 1.5 hours actually counts.

AND I learned I'm no where near ready for a GORUCK but...now I have something new to train for! That was a blast! I wish I had some friends to buddy-carry around but I highly doubt any of my friends would let me pick them up....

That sounds like fun..in that tortorous kind of fun way. I may have to try it.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I don't think I'll be able to do this challenge because I'm at work for another 10 days, and I never have any opportunity to carry heavy things for 15-30 minutes. However, I do spend my days carrying moderately heavy things for short periods of time (5 minutes or so) and today we hand-bombed a 200lb pipe spool some 60 feet. There were 4 of us.

Nevertheless, I will attempt to carry something for at least 15 minutes. But I'll most likely have to do this in a few weeks when I get home :(

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Malcolm tightened the straps on his pack, securing the provisions inside. He was no pack mule, but orders were orders and he would do his best to help the cause. Although he couldn't carry much; Malcolm figured he could make several trips to the castle before sundown. He began checking that the pack was secure one last time and then set off.

After work I filled my backpack with bricks (it only held six) and went for a three mile run. I was surprised at how much the weight affected my performance; I got real tired of the extra weight real fast. The run took 23:16 and felt a lot slower than that.

Malcolm

Half-Elf Assassin

Str:3 Con:3

Dex:3 Sta:4

Wis:2 Cha:1

Your reward for completing the challenge will be +1 STR and +1 STA

Ordering online from Home Depot: 5 minutes.

0.5 cubic feet of pea gravel (50-55 lbs): $3.71 with tax.

Carrying said gravel 1 mile to home: 22 minutes.

The look on the person's face when I said I was planning to carry it home barefoot in the rain: priceless.

I refused to put it down until I had taken my picture.

2012-08-17_16-21-23_155.jpg

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

The look on the person's face when I said I was planning to carry it home barefoot in the rain: priceless.

Ok, I'm impressed, actually very impressed!

Me too man, props. Holy cow.

The four enemy guards lay in a heap of broken limps and bloodied noses. They were quite battered, but the barbarian hadn't had time to fry them. She scooped up the pack she beat them for and trudged her merry way to the Assassin camp - the new one! It wasn't a long walk, but she relished the cool summer evening and the still quiet. Upon reaching the guild leaders' table, Hatenik spilled the pack before them, a cascade of gold, gems, pearls, a couple small idols, and some flawless jade. "This is nice," said one leader, "but where are the provisions?"

I loaded my backpack with 25 lbs and walked a solid 30min on the treadmill (we're not allowed to being the weights outside the weight room, at least I assume). I started sort of slow, and became much more brisk as I went along. Top speed was about 3.2mph, and I tried to incline it to vaguely imitate real ground, but I'm not sure how much difference it made. If I do this again, I'll go heavier and/or a little faster.

Just-3-Points-Shy-of-Level-4 Half-Dwarf AssassinSTR 11 / DEX 9 / STA 7 / CON 10 / WIS 10 / CHA 10http://derpnikdrawing.tumblr.com/

I didn't think I'd get to this challenge as I'm out of town and free time when traveling with a baby is pretty much nonexistent, but it turns out I was wrong. Babies come with a lot of crap and I have done nothing but haul a chunky baby in his infant carrier with his assorted crap all over three airports and the great state of Montana. My arms, they burn!!!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines