Poses in unusual places

My son and I have gotten into a bit of a friendly competition centered on getting pictures of us doing crow pose in unusual places. Here are a few:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5176[/ATTACH]

Son at the airport

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5177[/ATTACH]

Each of us on playground equipment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5178[/ATTACH]

Me on the mall escalator

Our form isn't always the greatest, but it's fun to be constantly looking for places to pose, as well as a little extra incentive to work out. Even my daughters have gotten into it, doing full king dancer at the grocery store last night.

So here's the challenge:

Post your best pic of you doing a yoga or bodyweight pose (like elbow levers) in an unusual place--the more creative the better (my current goal is crow pose on a police car!). Two rules: 1) keep it safe, and 2) keep it legal. ;)

post-5436-13567244757377_thumb.jpg

post-5436-1356724475757_thumb.jpg

post-5436-13567244757766_thumb.jpg

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

HAHAH! This is awesome! I will do this as soon as I can.

I don't really have many poses up my sleeve.

Handstand, tuck planch, or maybe learn something new...

(Oh, and the police car goal...possibly not exactly legal if you do it without permission)

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Here are some contributions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5251[/ATTACH]

At work in my period costume. (It was hard keeping the hat on my head.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5250[/ATTACH]

A trip to fabulous Las Vegas.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5249[/ATTACH]

Bingo!

post-6329-135672448049_thumb.jpg

post-6329-13567244805489_thumb.jpg

post-6329-13567244805924_thumb.jpg

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

I need to start working crow pose into my routine just so that I can join in on this. Wonder if I can manage crow pose on top of my horse by the end of six weeks...

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

I need to start working crow pose into my routine just so that I can join in on this. Wonder if I can manage crow pose on top of my horse by the end of six weeks...

Go for it!:smug:

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5326[/ATTACH]

Crow Pose on my back deck. The deck is unfinished,thus no railings yet. Not very unusual, but I thought the trees provided a nice background

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I completely failed to get a pose in an unusual place.

For the record, my face did not hit the bench. It was really close though.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

I completely failed to get a pose in an unusual place.

For the record, my face did not hit the bench. It was really close though.

You were almost there. Did you see how I'm doing a pose on a mat? I still do way too many face plants to feel safe on a hard surface. And there is no way I'd even attempt on the top of a bench

I'm just posting here for 2 reasons. One, to subscribe and keep up to date on it. And two, I'm going to try to crow a cop car tomorrow night. I get a lot of police come by my work and we're on pretty good terms, so I'm going to see if one comes by (depending on who it is) if they'll let me do it. I'm trying to keep it legal, for the first few attempts anyway.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

You were almost there. Did you see how I'm doing a pose on a mat? I still do way too many face plants to feel safe on a hard surface. And there is no way I'd even attempt on the top of a bench

I am going to make another attempt this weekend when I haven't just fatigued myself and I'm not all sweaty. I've never face planted on the ground. I did face plant once on Pike's Peak but I don't have the photo from there anymore. I was up on a rock and overbalanced.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

I completely failed to get a pose in an unusual place...For the record, my face did not hit the bench. It was really close though.

Major props for trying it, especially on the back of the bench! One of my coworkers saw my photo and said, "I'll be impressed if you can do it on the back of the bench like a real crow" (perching!) I haven't tried it yet...still nervous about it!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Some more.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5329[/ATTACH]

Crow at the crater near my house.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5330[/ATTACH]

Elbow lever on a wall at the crater parking lot.

Wicked cool elbow lever. Cool crater too.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Some more.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5329[/ATTACH]

Crow at the crater near my house.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5330[/ATTACH]

Elbow lever on a wall at the crater parking lot.

Wow! Are you really as close to the crater as it looks? It looks like if you fall , it would be a very long fall.

Major props for trying it, especially on the back of the bench! One of my coworkers saw my photo and said, "I'll be impressed if you can do it on the back of the bench like a real crow" (perching!) I haven't tried it yet...still nervous about it!

There is no way I'm not going back to try again. I just want to be fresh and not coated in sweat.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Wow! Are you really as close to the crater as it looks? It looks like if you fall , it would be a very long fall.

It looks that way, but no, it's a gentle slope. Although it's the first crow pose I did on gravel.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis