Over Hill Under Hill

Arawlins

Race - Hobbit

Class - Adventurer

Starting Stats

Str 2 / Dex 2 / Sta 2 / Con 5 / Wis 7.25 / Cha 2

A Week late in getting started, so I won't be part of the official challenge. And a half a week after making goals to start posting.

Fitness Goals

1. Work up to 12 pushups (+4 Str)

2. Track my Protein Intake and Improve it (+4 Con)

3. Stay Focused during workout, reduce distraction (+4 Sta)

Life Goal

1. Stick to my morning and nighttime routine (+3 Wis)

Details on goals:

F1: I am currently at almost 3 sets of 8 pushups, I want to get a 50% increase on that

F2: I think I need a bit more protein so I want to track and then set a goal after getting a baseline.

F3: My iPhone comes with me to exercise. It has my music, but also has my email, rss, calendar, youtube etc etc etc. It interferes as much as it helps.

L1: I am feeling scatterbrained so I am planning to follow this routine to help:

5:45 - wake and stretch

6:00 - Exercise (MWF beginner bodyweight, TTH cardio)

6:30 - Shower, shave, brush teeth, get dressed

7:00 - cook breakfast, eat, get my bag and lunch put together

7:30 - go to work

…

8:00 - finish getting kids to bed, computer /tv/other

9:00 - turn off and unplug

10:00 Go to Sleep

Copyable reporting template (minus exercise):

Protein:

Focused:

Routine:

Boards have been down when trying to post a couple times recently.

Sunday -

Protein: forgot

Focused: n/a

Routine: yes

Exercise: n/a

Monday -

Protein: forgot

Focused: yes

Routine: no

Exercise: cardio 30 minutes (my elbow began to hurt and my doctor thinks it is a tendon issue and recommended light arm work and ibuprofen for a week for the tendon to heal)

Tuesday -

Protein: 120

Exercise: cardio 30 minutes

Saturday -

Protein: apx 125

Exercise: cardio 20 minutes

Bleh, between the forums down and my trying to get off electronics at 9 pm, I have not posted for a week. That and family in the hospital briefly, it has been a roller coaster.

Monday -

Protein: apx 115

Tuesday -

Protein: apx 134

It has been nearly two weeks since I last posted. So here is my update. My left arm is still hurting, so it is time again to consult the doctor. My guess is that even without upper body exercises I still lift kids up to cary them to bed etc and it is too much to allow it to heal. Especially when on vacation and they are riding on my shoulders, being carried or other wise moved in and out of a vehicle.

I have not posted but I have tracked my protein on a daily bases but not written it down. Generally I have been between 110-160 grams most days which is actually more than I thought. So I am just going to try to keep at that level and eliminate the bad days (usually weekends and also our short vacation).

I have been up and down with the routines, but after helping my sister move and our vacation I should be able to get back into the routine. As luck would have it the art of manliness had an article on morning and bedtime routines this last week, which is in the vein of my attempts to improve mine.

For exercise I have done 20-30 minutes of cardio every day but weekends and vacation days. And on the weekends I have helped move my sister (another reason my arm won't heal quickly, furniture is heavy), and put of a play thing in the back yard. So overall I feel things are not quite to the level I want, but I am getting closer.

My wife and I are thinking of joining a gym, mostly because my wife has a bad ankle and would like to start doing some of the water aerobics etc. That way it will help her exercise, but not aggravate her ankle while she is working on getting an appointment with the bone-cruncher (ortho doc).

And it is time for me to be off according to my routine.

For today:

Protein: ???? fasted for 10 hours since dinner last night and had dinner at my parents

Focused: n/a

Exercise: none

Fitness Goals

1. Work up to 12 pushups (+4 Str)

. D (+1) Strength

WIth my left elbow having the tendon problem It has not gone well, but the exercising I did do was good.

2. Track my Protein Intake and Improve it (+4 Con)

. B (+3) Con

I did not do as well as I would have liked, but it has improved.

3. Stay Focused during workout, reduce distraction (+4 Sta)

. B (+3) Stamina

Again, when I did exercise I was more focused, but not as much exercise as wanted.

Life Goal

1. Stick to my morning and nighttime routine (+3 Wis)

. B (2.25) Wisdom

I did pretty good.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines