Mini Challenge 2: Carry stuff!

nightlight

Crap. No ruck. I so need to go buy one. On the other hand, I have the perfect workout partner for this exercise... a wife. Honeydew this! :) Will report results!

Scorpion1674
Human Ranger - Level 1
STR: 8 DEX: 3 STA: 2 CON: 3 WIS: 4 CHA: 2
"Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

I'm sure I can find some cables, servers, microphones, or projectors at work that need to be carried around tomorrow. If not I'm equally sure my apartment could use some cleaning up. ;)

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

I ended up hurting my arm yesterday so I should really use it for a couple days, so it looks like I'm stuck with cleaning my grandfather's house for this challenge.

Lukup
Level 1 Gnome Ranger
STR: 1 DEX: 3 STA: 2 CON: 4 WIS: 4 CHA: 1

Alright, I cleaned out a bunch of gear and supplies and such from my car last night. That was the warm up.

When I haul out my gear for LARP this weekend, I'm going to take the stairs instead of the elevator (I'd do it on the way back as well, but that's after the challenge closes). I live on the 14th floor so that should be a decent workout.

Level 3/1 Wild Elf Assassin/Ranger
Owner of the Lizard Demon
STR 12 | DEX 10 | STA 8 | CON 9 | WIS 12 | CHA 7
Our motto within STG is to always expect trouble. Failing that, create trouble for someone else. -Major Kirrahe

We do not experience fear, but we understand how it affects you. -LEGION

Party: Down & Dirties
Level 1: Ranger 1
Level 2: Assassin 1

Level 4: Assassin 3

2013 Resolutions

I'm in... Hoping to go out with the family to some parks this weekend - I'll be rucksacked up anyway, but depending on the weight, I may swap it for my 5 yr old (44.5 lb) and piggy-back him around for a distance.

I'm off to the tip (domestic waste depot) tomorrow morning to move another load of crap out of the garage too.

L3 (Pending) Half-Elf Ranger
STR :: 9 | DEX :: 6 | STA :: 6 | CON :: 6 | WIS :: 10 | CHA :: 3.5

Previous Challenges:

2 | 1

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.

Challenge accomplished! I logged an extra workout yesterday, and am moving heavy things into my kitchen today! Hooray canned goods and a microwave; once my TV and internet come I'll truly be living in the 21st century.

Race: Wood ElfClass: Level Two Ranger

Level: 3Age: 20Weight: 140Stats: STR: 8 DEX: 5 STA: 9.25 CON: 8.5 WIS: 9 CHA: 4 (true to elven form, my God Stat is still Wisdom)

House clean in Progress, Parents coming to town next week. I also have a 40lb almost 4yr old who is carried all over. He doesn't believe in shoes either and keeps losing/hiding them places. public places and parking lots he gets carried.

Space Alien Ranger GallifreyanSTR: 12.2 DEX: 9.5 STA: 10.68 CON:11.58 WIS:10 CHA:11.68

The first to help you up are the ones who knows how it feels to fall down.- Fbook Picture

Helping my Girlfriend move into school tomorrow, and she lives on the 4th floor. I think that will work!

“Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.â€
- E. Joseph Crossman

lvl 1 Cylon Assassin 

STR 3 CON 2 STA 3 DEX 3 WIS 2 CHA 2

~Adapt and Overcome~

Challenge http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22528-new-beginnings

Log http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22111-elefevers-log/

I pushed my 400+# dad up a hill in a wheel chair, did some weird sitting pull-up things, and lifted the wheelchair back into the car. It's gonna have to count. =\

Lukup
Level 1 Gnome Ranger
STR: 1 DEX: 3 STA: 2 CON: 4 WIS: 4 CHA: 1

Carried my work bag up and down the stairs and around a few buildings for a while today, which is something but not really all that heavy. Also had to truck some lamps around work and up and down a ladder, but again more tedious than heavy. Did clean the apartment some though so that's always good.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Bad news is tomorrow I'm helping my buddy move out of his gf's place who just broke up with him and kicked him out. Good news is I'll be moving a shitton of furniture since he furnished the place, and Ranger Mini-Challenge #2 will be in the bag! :D

Count me in for a few rounds of farmer's carry/hill climbs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 1 Human Ranger

STR 7|DEX 1|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 6|CHA 3

"Principle untrained may sometimes give way to a temptation which habit would withstand." ~ Charles Carroll Everett

Aaaaand done.

4 rounds of:

100m farmer's walk/hill carry (35# kb each hand)

10 x kb swings

Wanted to do more, but my body was toast after this week. Ready for a rest day tomorrow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 1 Human Ranger

STR 7|DEX 1|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 6|CHA 3

"Principle untrained may sometimes give way to a temptation which habit would withstand." ~ Charles Carroll Everett

Challenge completed!

4x 40 meters farmer's carry with 20# each hand

2x 40 meters tire flips (the first quarter of that, the tire was filled with rainwater AND I was going uphill! Gah!)

Added these on to the end of my PvP bodyweight workout today. My arms are jell-o! :)

Done! Carted the keg around a bit; carting the empty one bag in an hour or so!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

6kg Ruck run done yesterday, did some sandbag carrying at work today as well, shift 200 of the bloody things!

LVL 5 Dúnedain Ranger

STR-12 DEX- 8 STA- 16 CON- 9 WIS- 14 CHA- 7'We are Rangers. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass'Find me on Twitter

Swim Coach at City of Southampton Swimming Club, CF coach at CrossFit Solent

Did my first farmer's carries at work the last two nights, carrying two full 5gal water jugs 300 paces each day (150 at a time). Holy crap that's harder than I realized! Gonna go wrestle with my kids later, carry them for laps around the local football field.

Life is full of hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can.

Swinging_Jarnbjorn: Lv 1 Asgardian Ranger

Focus Up! My current challenge.

Loss As A Motivator

In the spirit of making this castle our home, I hauled gardening stuff. Shrubs to the back of the yard. Dirt and mulch all around. Tired now ....

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Coming soon .....

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines