My mission and I choose to accept

Ok I guess this is the point I introduce myself and explain a little about me and what I want to accomplish. I am a 34 year old male and not overweight but yet out of shape due to a lazy mentality. I spend quite a bit of time on the computer and doing other techy stuff. I am unemployed so I see this point in my life a grand chance to get back into shape and take control of my life. I hope to accomplish though dedication and becoming a robot during this time, changing my mindset and better managing my free time to workout and get better fit. Now I have gone out and bought a bike and I ride it quite often daily (weather permitting) anywhere from 4-8 miles. But that is about all for any exercise that I do. My ultimate goal is to be able to have a flat stomach (six pack possibly LOL) and lose the luv handles. I really want to get motivated and that is a big issue of mine is getting motivated to do so, other than riding the bike I got no motivation. I know that by sticking to a good fitness routine and cutting out the at the computer junk/snack foods I in turn will feel better and more confident, but once again the motivation is my downfall. I hope that being around others even virtual like this will help me to find that motivation to get back into shape and take control of my life as my nickname suggests. I am really glad that a friend of mine suggested this site cause it seems like it might help with that gigantic push to get off my laptop and do something with my self.

The newbie,

oeya_tirey

It always helps to have someone prodding and poking you when laziness prevails. Support does wonders when it comes to motivation...doesn't really matter if it is virtual or real/Life support, i must say!!!

<<pokes a bit>>

Time to get started!!! :P

Intro: Intro thread

Current challenge: Shoobie's baby steps to greatness

Eventually, all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason - Carrie Bradshaw

If you're looking for motivation, do something you love! Find an activity that you intrinsically enjoy, and then you'll be going out of love for your thing and not just to lose weight! :D

Thank you and I will try doing that, now its just finding that one thing :P but I agree and I am searching for that one thing, other than bike riding that is about my only motivation that I seem to have. I do however have what I consider a good friend helping push me along and with all you great people on here I don't think I should have that much trouble finding that spark! :D thank you again :D

Welcome in. :)

Bike riding is lots of fun. I used to go for 30 mile jaunts along the bay, but they were the first things to go when I got sick. Maybe once school starts and schedules settle down a little...

So, what have you gone out to do today? :topsy_turvy:

"What's a black belt?" "It's a white belt who never gave up, Ma`am!
flourless | level 3 halfling monk

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 7 | CHA 4

Welcome in. :)

Bike riding is lots of fun. I used to go for 30 mile jaunts along the bay, but they were the first things to go when I got sick. Maybe once school starts and schedules settle down a little...

So, what have you gone out to do today? :topsy_turvy:

I went on my bike ride as usual and today is the day that I start with my workout as well :) sound be fun!! just hope I can stick to it, but with you people around it should make things a little easier :) thank you rebels!