• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jennageah

The Nando's Dilemma

I need some opinions on what is worse/least bad from a paleo perspective. The problem is that quite often on a Tuesday night my boyfriend and I stay in the city instead of going home after his work day and my uni day and play cards until around 10pm. We have a couple of hours between 4:30 and 6:30 to run errands and have dinner, and now that I've switched to a Paleo style diet I've realised that dining out options are more limited in the immediate area of the city's west. I have decided that Nando's is my favourite option for a meal out after having salads and small snacks during the day, and I'm quite happy to order a 1/4 chicken, or thigh or tenderloin pieces rather than my previous favourite of a BBQ chicken burger, but the side dishes can be a problem for choices and I don't want to just eat chicken for dinner. The side dish choices are:

Salad (but I've had it before and it's super sad and disappointing)

Chips (i.e. deep fried starch)

Corn on the Cob (a grain, but feels more like a veggie in this form)

Spicy Rice (not ideal but I don't mind some on occasion)

Not one of the world's biggest problems, I know, but what would you choose?

I feel bad for you that your Nandos does not have sweet potato mash on their menus.

It's my standard if I end up in a Nandos here in the UK: 1/2 chicken, medium spicy plus sweet potato mash...and maybe some Halloumi.

I really really wish they had some sort of vegetables (roasted/steamed whatever) as a side option, it would make my life easier. At this stage it's only once a week I have to make the choice so I guess I'll be picking whatever I deem to be the lesser of the evils at the time. Or I could grab a salad at the supermarket maybe...

Will they custom-make a salad? Garden salads are boring. But I note on their "extras" menu there's stuff like egg and bacon. If I was eating paleo, I'd get a garden salad, with no capsicum or tomato (just 'cause I don't like them), and pay extra to get some egg, bacon and pineapple added to it. Om nom nom. :)

Edited by Athena