Challenge 3 - Retool

Greetings, Assassins.

We've relocated our base camp and are ready to begin for the road ahead of us. In order to move ahead, we must consider what we have at present. We must inventory what we have, what we lack, and what we're going to do to prepare ourselves for the challenges that lie before us.

Your challenge is as follows:

This week, take some time to consider what you want. Really dig deep and evaluate your goals, for your challenge, and for your life in general. What do you really want to do? How is this challenge going so far? Are you going to be able to achieve your challenge goals? Or do they maybe need some additional tweaking?

If you feel like your goals for this challenge are too lofty, or not lofty enough, change them! This is a total mental challenge. Think hard about where you are and what you'll be able to do realistically in the next 3 or so weeks, and tweak your goals however you need to.

Then, take it a step further. Think about your life beyond the challenge, and come up with three more goals toward which you want to work: a 1 year goal, a 5 year goal, and a 10 year goal. These can be related to anything - health, fitness, work, personal finances, et cetera. Consider what you can do to help yourself, and what you can avoid so you don't hinder yourself.

This challenge is meant to help you prioritize and take inventory of things that you want to accomplish, and in doing so, allow you to start making the changes that you need to make to make your dreams become a reality.

Your reward for this challenge will be +1 WIS and +1 CHA.

Your deadline is Monday, August 27th, at 11:59 PM.

Good luck, Assassins.

Your thoughts are free, let your bodies be the same.

P.S. - so sorry this challenge is a few days late!

Valar Morghulis

Challenge Retooling:

At this point, two of my goals are still very attainable. However, one has sort of gone to the wayside, as I wasn't able to exercise for a week. Thus...

Fitness Goal #1: Run 2 minutes straight instead of 3.

I missed a week, so this puts me a week behind on my running schedule. Seems reasonable to set myself back a week on the goal, as well.

I also need to retool my Life Goal. Again, I missed a week, so this affected most of my plans. Instead of taking 600 pictures by the end of this 6 Week Challenge, I will take 500.

1 Year Goal: Debt free (student loans paid off), thriving in and enjoying my clinical internship for my graduate program. Everyone says it's very stressful, and I'd like to buck that trend. In a year, I hope to have a much better idea of how I want to use my eventual MFT license.

5 Year Goal: I would like to have adopted at least a few kids by this point with my wife. I think we'd also like to be foster parents by this point. I'd also like to be settled in a place we can at least temporarily call "home." We're only where we are right now because of school, and we've talked about the possibilities of where we could move. So exciting! I'd also like to be working with adoptive families and/or adopted children as a licensed, independent Marriage and Family Therapist. I'd also like to have had plenty of practice with my camera so that I can take pictures for whoever needs them.

10 Year Goal: At this point, I'd like to have adopted several (4+) children and have been foster parents for quite some time. I'd also like to continue working with those involved in the adoption process, and possibly begin writing about my experiences with families. Maybe even become a published author. I'd also like to make a little money at this point from photography to help support the huge family we're hoping to have. =)

Whew. That was ridiculously thought-provoking. Thanks for this challenge!

independent739Level 2 Elven AssassinSTR: 6.5 CON: 3DEX: 4 WIS: 5.5STA: 4.5 CHA: 5My Most Recent ChallengeMy blog: Life Before the Bucket

My goals for this challenge are going mostly ok. I'm making breakthroughs in my diet (goal is to eat cleaner to shed a couple percentage points of body fat) and flexibility. Due to moments of weakness, I might not get the 25% bf that I want this round, but I'm definitely building better habits. I feel like improved and new splits are practically in the bag since I found those stretches. I now believe that all necessary wedding stuff will get done, and a little bit more falls into place every day. Despite all this, I seem to keep underestimating how difficult doing a pull up is. I don't feel like I've improved the last couple workouts and maybe I need to back track a little. I'm working through progressions I read about here, but I'm impatient. I've been working toward pull ups since two challenges ago and still can't do one. Maybe I need to change this goal, but I'm not sure to what yet.

1 year goal: Either get a better job making at least $25k/yr OR light a fire under the possible money-making projects I want to start and be able to live off those.

5 year goal: Have a car and a house. If we're going crazy here, I hope to not be in Nebraska anymore and instead be back in Texas or some other state with a favorable climate and stuff I want to do. Being closer to my siblings would be great.

10 year goal: Pay off my student loans. My payment plan goes for 20 years, but I do NOT want to turn 40 and still be paying for what I did when I was 20. I know a lot of people do that, and most students don't have a choice anymore, but I want to do better. If I get a $25k/yr job, my fiance's brilliant financial management skills will actually have my loans paid off AND a decent car in about 5 years, but in my environment, dreams must be either flexible or ignored. It's very difficult for me to imagine what will come in ten years when so much hinges on a call I hope to get tomorrow or next week.

Just-3-Points-Shy-of-Level-4 Half-Dwarf AssassinSTR 11 / DEX 9 / STA 7 / CON 10 / WIS 10 / CHA 10http://derpnikdrawing.tumblr.com/

I've been rolling along in an average way but not updating my thread, so that's one thing I ought to work on.

I'm also cheating a bit on the "use the resources" goals since I've been using the online courseware in spurts and doing multiple-classes/1 day at the gym instead of spreading them both out which was my real plan originally.

I think my new goal should be to work out a schedule for all of these things - it's not that I don't have time, it's just that I'm not bothering and I think something as simple as sticking a reminder in my calendar will fix that.

As for looking into the future, it's interesting but I recent found out that our next relocation is going to be six months later than we'd originally been told to expect, which in turn means that we're less likely to end up being sent to one of the three places we'd been expecting. It makes things a little harder to predict, but eventually (in ten years, if not earlier) we're hoping to be back in Alberta and have a reworked version of our last house built (I still have the floorplans).

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

Good goals everyone. I'm still spinning my wheels on the fututre goals thing. Plan to post that soon. Here's my change to my current goals

goal #1 walk 16 miles a week-For the last week we are going on vacation. I thought I'd take my pedometer. But all my pedometers are fail-they only mark half my steps. I was going to buy a new one, but since they all seem to be lame, I've decided against it. While I'm on vacation I need to walk 45 minutes a day (airplane days exempt)

goal #2 Crow pose for 30 seconds. This isn't happening. I am changing the goal to 20 seconds. But that doesn't mean I'm slacking off, I'm still going to consistently try and up my time.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I've been rethinking my goal to Be active everyday for at least 5 minutes. I find that because of tennis practice and just walking around during school, I count those as reaching the goal, but I wasn't making a concerted effort to be active. So, I believe I'll change this to Do intense physical activity (I'm including tennis practice) 3 times a week or more. For my diet goal, I'm switching to Resist the impulse to eat unhealthy once a day. Just once a day. Even if I relapse within minutes, I'll still be exercising my willpower. I wish to replace one goal, however. Procrastinating! I've gotten a little bit better with it, but I want to work on something a bit more worthwhile. Which translates to..Practice my Japanese 15 minutes every day outside of class and work assignments. I really want to become fluent in this language, and this has to do with my goals for the future.

1 year goal: Be top in my (Japanese) class, have a body that I'm not ashamed to cosplay in <3

5 year goal: Be able to converse and read Japanese fluently

10 year goal: Have my own manga written in both Japanese and English.

I heard that when things were painful for her, she’d cover her ears with headphones and escape to the world of music. I tried it too. It was like everything was blown away. The vocals screamed for me. They grieved for me. The ones who put on the act of common sense were wrong. Those who cried were right. We, the lonely were more human. They screamed at the absurd, beat it down, and destroyed it. They saved me.Iwasawa Masami (Angel Beats!) 

Race: OtakuClass: AssassinWeight: 129-Ish lbs.Theme Song: I'm ALIVE! -BeccaSTR: 2DEX: 3STA: 2CON: 3WIS: 4CHA: 3

I've been rethinking my goal to Be active everyday for at least 5 minutes. I find that because of tennis practice and just walking around during school, I count those as reaching the goal, but I wasn't making a concerted effort to be active. So, I believe I'll change this to Do intense physical activity (I'm including tennis practice) 3 times a week or more. For my diet goal, I'm switching to Resist the impulse to eat unhealthy once a day. Just once a day. Even if I relapse within minutes, I'll still be exercising my willpower. I wish to replace one goal, however. Procrastinating! I've gotten a little bit better with it, but I want to work on something a bit more worthwhile. Which translates to..Practice my Japanese 15 minutes every day outside of class and work assignments. I really want to become fluent in this language, and this has to do with my goals for the future.

1 year goal: Be top in my (Japanese) class, have a body that I'm not ashamed to cosplay in <3

5 year goal: Be able to converse and read Japanese fluently

10 year goal: Have my own manga written in both Japanese and English.

Look up Tim Ferriss. He writes about thing like mastering languages very quickly. Might be worth checking out.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Thanks. I'ma check him out. :3

I heard that when things were painful for her, she’d cover her ears with headphones and escape to the world of music. I tried it too. It was like everything was blown away. The vocals screamed for me. They grieved for me. The ones who put on the act of common sense were wrong. Those who cried were right. We, the lonely were more human. They screamed at the absurd, beat it down, and destroyed it. They saved me.Iwasawa Masami (Angel Beats!) 

Race: OtakuClass: AssassinWeight: 129-Ish lbs.Theme Song: I'm ALIVE! -BeccaSTR: 2DEX: 3STA: 2CON: 3WIS: 4CHA: 3

As far as my challenge goals go, two of them need tweaking. I'm not progressing as fast as I anticipated with pull ups, so I'm changing from doing 5 to doing 3. With writing, I'm not progressing very far only writing for one hour a week. The purpose of the goal was to write more, so I'm changing the number of hours from 1 to 3.

As to my life goals:

1 year: complete a mud run

5 year: have at least one book published

10 year: visit 3 foreign countries that are not in North America (so Mexico and Canada don't count)

Rogue Assassin

"You just have to get up one more time than life can knock you down."STR-3.5 DEX-10.25 STA-4 CON-3.5 WIS-6.25 CHA-5 

"You've been training for three weeks now." Erik handed her a heavy backpack, filled to the brim with supplies, "Next weekend you'll be getting clearance to know the basics of what you signed up for. This weekend, you're going to climb the mountain that's just south of here. Take some time. Think about your training, how you can be better. Where you can improve. What kind of person do you want to become? Focusing on what's most important to you will help you stay focused on the job. You need to know yourself in order to make the most efficient decisions to reach your objective."

She climbed for hours, making camp several times along the way. The silence and breathtaking panoramas really did help her to quiet her racing mind and put in some deep thinking. As she sat on the summit with the wind blowing through her hair, she decided that her motivation was tobe useful. To learn what her absolute best was, always strive for it, becuse that was the only way she could do the most good for the most people. Every decsion must be made with the question, "Will this choice enable me to be that precision tool that is able to act on a moments notice in someone else's behalf?"

She spent some extra time at the summit allowing her new found purpose to take root, and then headed back to base with a clarity of mind that she had never known.

I actually did climb a mountain, it didn't take me all weekend though. It was a baby mountain. I took some time while I was up there to really think about my goals and where I'm headed. For this particular challenge, I think I'm going good kettlebell and bible reading-wise. However for my diet I think I'm going to tweak it and start a Whole30 [the only thing I have to cut out past what I already am is dairy and white potatoes.] I want to do this becuase A: I'm already pretty close to eating that way 2: I think I might have a problem with Milk, but not cheese. Cutting them both out for 30 days will help me to figure it out when I add stuff back in as a test, and C and/or 3: Having a "thirty day diet plan" that's not a long term commitment has helped me to get my Mother and friend to do it with me, starting September 1st.

As for the push-ups goal, my main goal is functional strength, not just muscular endurance. So, while I'm still training mostly kneeling push ups, I CAN do three regular push ups before my form gets sloppy. I will start adding more regular push ups into my training, and change my goal to 2 sets of 5 Regular push ups.

1-year Goal:

I want to have volunteered in another country, be fluent in spanish, and have finished the kids book that I'm writing for my upcoming niece/nephew. By the end of the next year I want to be making 75-100% of my income from a location-independent source, to fund my volunteer trips. Be strong enough to physically carry someone out of a burning building if i needed to [i tried to pick up my friend the other day, it was a disaster. I'm weak.] Be proficient enough at the Violin to feel comfortable preforming in front of a crowd, even if it's just a group of my friends.

5-year Goal:

100% location independent business. Have a regular pattern of spending at least 6 months outside of the US volunteering. Be at least conversational in all Five of my target languages [spanish, Swahili, Russian, Nepali, Chinese.] Have completed my EECS and Physics courses Suma Cum Laude. Be extremely comfortable with parkour, in any city or forest I find myself in.

10-year Goal:

Fluent in all 5 Target languages, perhaps start to learn a new one.

I would hope that my 5-year-goal would set a pattern of basic lifestyle that I would follow for many years to come, volunteering for at least half the year, in various parts of the world. I'd like to be an expert at parkour at this point, although I don't believe there's any such thing as "mastering" it; there's always something more to learn. But I want it to come as natural to me to move through my environment as it is to breathe.

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

I've lapsed a bit (a pretty big bit...) in the last week. I'm ready to get back on track, but first I need to re-evaluate my goals for this challenge.

LIFE GOAL: Get Pre-approved for a mortgage. I've done this and as such feel like I should make it harder. But I refuse to as the next logical step would be to buy something with that mortgage and that is too big a step to rush because of a six week challenge. I will just be happy that I achieved this goal (Years of build up) and watch the market.

500 Inside Kicks (Footbag). I got this one too. I'm therefore going to change it to 250 consecutive Inside stalls. You may be asking, why am I lowering the target number?? Well, stalls require a lot more control than kicks and take more out of my in a physical and mental sense. Never attempted such a high number before.

My Calorie goal will remain the same.

50 Push Ups. I bit off more than I could chew here. Even though I have achieved this in the past I have lost a lot of arm strength and currently struggle with 15. My new goal will be 35 push ups

1 year: Not be working at Staples 332. Ideally not with Staples at all, but I'm willing to give a 3rd store a shot and see if things are ran any better. We're thinking about moving out of Cold Lake and taking a transfer to a new store would ensure I had a job while I looked for something different.

5 year: Own a home that my family can live in comfortably.

10 year: Be in a career that I enjoy and make a comfortable living at.

But I want it to come as natural to me to move through my environment as it is to breathe.

What you're talking about there would be mastery. Parkour is about mastering yourself, specifically to move through your environment with efficiency and grace. It's not about tricks or gimmicks or anything like that, at least not at it's core. And I think as Assassins that that's why we're all here.

That's why I'm here. I'm not really going to bother talking about my challenge goals, or even a 1, 5 or 10 year goal. Ultimately what I'm after is Self-Mastery. I've learned enough by now to know that I'll need reach my goals. Because they'll always keep changing; not so long ago my goal was one pull up from a dead hang, then it was 5. Now I'm moving past that.

I don't know if I'll ever reach a point where I'll say to myself "I did it. Mission accomplished". And I hope I never do, because after that, there's nothing left to struggle for. That being said, I will continue as I have been. With the aid of the Rebellion, the Art of Manliness, and good old fashioned blood, sweat and tears I'll become the best possible Church that I can be ( I may even begin to refer myself by my real name ;)) I will push used hard; I will be relentless and uncompromising. I will broaden my horizons and make my mark on this world. I will master myself and take command of my fate.

I may write books about it, or perhaps publish a fantasy series(or 7). Or not. Or maybe I'll be rich. Or maybe not. All of that is irrelevant, as it will ultimately be a byproduct of mastering my whole self and living to the fullest of my potential. I don't know if this qualifies for the challenge or not, but that's alright. It was an excellent meditation all on its own, and plenty rewarding and even more enlightening.

My thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

-Church-

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Current Challenge Goals

Besides being out sick for the first two weeks of the challenge and getting a late start (week 3 became my week 1!), I've been doing really well on my goals. One goal requires tweaking, however, as I have CONVINCED MY WIFE TO WORKOUT WITH ME! YOWZA! She would like to work out MWF so... instead of working out every other day I will be working out 4 days a week instead. MWF and either Saturday or Sunday. This means I can be up and active and ready to support her, and get in the extra workout day that I wanted for this chalenge.

1 Year Goal

Participate in a Mud Run, Tough Mudder, or GoRuck Challenge. I've always wanted to do one of these and I've never gotten the courage up to actually do one. Time to man up!

5 Year Goal

Be debt free (not counting our house)! We are doing well paying off all of our debt, but I still have some outstanding medical and school loans that I'd like to get taken care of. They total around $300 a month and it will be really nice to have them taken care of. Totally doable in 5 years, and then we'll be DEBT FREE (once again not counting the house)!

10 Year Goal

Have healthy eating and exercise be part of my daily routine without having to focus on it anymore.

When I was a kid I was involved in sports all the time, but my parents were never really active themselves. Because of this I think I've always subconsciously thought of being active and athletics and the like as "kids stuff" and not something adults should prioritize. I'm spending tons of time now re-programming myself and getting myself healthy again. In 10 years my son will be 10 years old and I don't want to set the same example for him as my parents did for me. I want fitness and healthy eating to be an integral part of our lives so that he doesn't have to re-program himself someday.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Current goals: I jumped in this challenge half way, so I think my goals are still pretty solid. I've been thinking that practicing French 5 hours a week may not be lofty enough, but I work full time and my evening college classes start tomorrow, so I don't want to overwhelm myself.

1 year goal: I want to be able to look back at who I am today, and know that I am a better person in every way. More fit, more wise, more motivated, more skilled, etc.

5 year goal: Have my Bachelors degree. I'm hoping to get this done in less time, but since I only do classes part time I think five years is a good goal. I'm sure I'll have to buckle down and do some online courses and even summer ones, but I want to have it accomplished by the time I'm 30.

10 year goal: This one was definitely difficult. I thought of some normal things (be married, have a family, own a home) all of which I would like, but I don't know when will be the right time for those things.

[TABLE=width: 445]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half Elf Assassin

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 4

Epic Quest | Half Challenge

If you don’t become the ocean, you’ll be seasick every day. - Leonard Cohen

[/TABLE]

Damn, introspection and thinking about my future is definitely something I don't like to do. >_> Anyway:

Fitness goal#1: Work on my horizontal pulls with inverted rows, at the end of the challenge I want to be able to do 5*15 rep, bonus points if it's with the feet elevated.

[sTR+2 STA+3]

Will tweak this one. Seriously 5*15? I don't know what I was thinking the day I decided on that. I'll lower it to 3*5 and it will be already difficult!

Fitness goal#2: Pistol squats *5. I know it's a lot but I really need to work my legs much more. My first challenge made me focus mostly on my arms, that needs to change.

[sTR+3 STA+2]

Still way too far from this one. My mobility is awful, I can't even squat that low but it is a skill I want to have, so I will tweak it to 1 pistol squat/leg.

Fitness goal#3: Back and shoulder mobility. I have some back and posture problems for years, I had some improvement with the previous challenge but it's still not enough. I really want to be able to get up from my bed pain-free one day. I will need to find some exercises (ask help to the monk maybe) and do them at least 4 times a week.

[DEX+3]

I keep this one as it is. For now I include the exercises during workout. Maybe I should add a back only routine one day a week but for now I'm doing ok.

Life goal:My goal will be to reduce as much as possible the household waste. Papers, plastic bag, food, clothes.. Everything that will be thrown away will be noted and I will have to try to find a way to avoid them and then put that idea in practice. If unavoidable, find a way to re-use them, if not possible I have to recycle them.

[WIS +2]

I keep this one as it is.

1 year goal: to be able to climb some/all the green road at the bouldering centre (difficulty 5-6), being able to do some blue (difficulty 6-7) would be a plus.

5 year goal: I want to have mastered at least one other language and started learning a new one.

10 year goal: I want to be able to work on Bach partita in D: Ciaccona. I don't say I will play it, because that's the kind of artwork that may take a lifetime to understand. But still, I want to play it one day.

Pretty safe ^^

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Bear with me, I came up with a bunch of goals for each landmark (1,5,10) and had a hard time picking which ones were the most important, so I just listed all of them. I did list them in order of relative importance, though.

Life Goals

1 Year:

1) Write the first draft of a one-woman show.

2)Start my band and perform in public at least a few times. (This is isn't entirely under my control, but there are many steps I can take that I have been afraid to)

3)Started volunteering in some capacity for a charitable LGBTQ cause in NYC; maybe at a home for queer youth or something.

4) Get a passport. I keep forgetting/putting it off.

5) Participate in a Spartan race or something similar.

5 Year:

1) Have travelled to England, Ireland, France and Italy (Right now I'm in the early stages of planning a month-long Euro trip; I figure once I get to England, where I'm staying with a friend, it'll be relatively simple to get around to those other places).

2)Be fluent in Spanish and conversational in French or German.

3)Have been studying a martial art for at least a few years (wing chun and/or krav maga).

4)Driver's License! I used to have one in DC, but it expired and I moved to NYC, so I have to take the classes again to get a new one -_- Really don't want to, but I will have way more peace of mind if I have one.

5) Act somewhere that's not NYC. Whether that means taking my one-woman show on the road once it's written, or getting cast in something that shoots out of state. This might not be that difficult.

6) Have paid off my loans. I'm lucky in that they aren't that steep and this should be pretty doable.

10 Year:

1)Have my degree in either psych, history, or sex/gender studies. Or a combination of the three.

2)Be active in NYC's LGBTQ community as an organizer/activist.

3)Be fluent in Spanish and French, conversational in Mandarin.

4)Complete a marathon, just to say I did it.

5)Live abroad for a year; maybe in London or Paris.

Alright, I think that's enough! I put off writing this probably because I knew my brain would kick into hyperdrive and I would be all "DO ALL THE THINGS." But, I really have a better idea now of what direction I want to be headed in, so thank you for this homework challenge!

Also, it's really cool to realize that even if my acting career goes in a different direction than, say, I'd like it to, I still have a million things to do that I can feel proud of/accomplished for.

OH and as for my 6 Week Challenge Goals, time to Retool!

1) 50 Push Ups. HAHAHHAAH. Okay, no, really, I have to adjust this one, I didn't realize how out of shape I was and now that I have corrected my form on my pushups I can only do a quarter of what I thought I could do. So we are scaling this way down to 20.

2) Run 3k: I think this is still achievable, I just need to get back on top of my sprints and also, buy new running shoes today/tomorrow.

3) 1 Pull Up: Leaving this as is.

4)LIFE GOAL-Contact Agencies: I realized this week that I have a ton of research (brush up on industry knowledge; ie, who would I compare myself to, etc) to do and that I really ought to reach out to all the filmmakers I worked with this year to get my footage so that I can put my reel together. SO, while I will still keep the Contact Agencies goal in the front of my mind, I am adjusting this goal to: PREPERATION. Which means

-Contact people for footage/put together reel once I have said footage

-Finish building professional website

-Get new business cards

-Write at least four drafts of cover letters I could potentially send to said agencies.

-Possibly get new headshots? (I may postpone this a bit; it's just that I have very short hair in my current ones and I'm growing it out to a shaggy not quite shoulder length type deal).

Okay. Wow, I have a lot of shit to do. You know what they say, get busy livin'...

"In the silence of your bones and eyes forgotten magic sits and waits for fire." 

-Robert Montgomery

Assassin Crest

human assassin | viper jock
STA: 6.25 | STR: 6.5 | CHA: 9 | WIS: 12 | DEX: 5 | CON: 6.5

Sister's Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Fitocracy

My challenge goals were well chosen. They are achievable, but difficult and rewarding.

In one year, I shall have a new job. Said job should allow me to either, live in another country, or live someplace where I have friends.

In five years, I shall be debt free. $60,000 in debt isn't going away on its own.

In ten years, I shall be living a happy, fulfilling, intentional life. This may sound like a non-specific goal, but it really isn't. I've lived a miserable life for 40 years. I have recently turned the corner and begun making massive changes to my life. For the next ten years, I will make every decision with conviction according to my ideals. My job will be something I believe in and do for more than monetary reward. My free time will be spent bettering myself or helping others. The kruft of my life will be at a minimum. Every moment will be lived in the present and be my favorite moment while it is happening. Perhaps this is less a goal and more a philosophy, but it matters to me.

Milythael Assassin
Challenges:
Intro, 123, 4567, 891011,
 June 20 - July 24, 2021
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

I've been putting this off. For some reason I'm being averse to introspection lately.

Challenge Goals

Freestanding Handstand:

I think I assumed I'd be able to figure out how to kick up to this by now and just need to work on refining the balance point to be able to do it reliably. Since I still haven't figured out how to best work on this, it's been more difficult. Add on the problems I've been having with my neck this last week, and I haven't felt like handstands are the smartest thing for me to be practicing, especially without a wall to assist. I can roll out of them pretty easily now, but since my form isn't perfect yet, I'm straining my neck, which is currently in stabbing agony most of the time. Since I haven't figured out WHY my neck is stupid yet, I'm going to modify this one to a freestanding handstand NEXT to the wall (i.e. kick up to the wall and pull my feet away) held for 10 seconds. I feel like this is still good progress towards my goal without putting myself at risk of further injury.

2. 10 Burpees a day

I haven't been great on this, but I'm not going to modify it because there's no reason I shouldn't be able to do it. Again, haven't been working on it because I don't want to do ANY workout when I'm in pain, but I'm hoping the pain will abate soon.

3. 3 Distance-based workouts a week

I'm rocking this one.

4. Declutter 15 minutes/day

Moving it down to 5 days/week. It's just not getting done and I think working in a little bit of wiggle room will actually motivate me more because I won't feel like a total failure every day.

Life Goals

1 Year:

Live somewhere else (this WILL happen this spring). Be at least in the beginning stages of starting my therapeutic riding center with my best friend. Ideally, I'd like to have a small handful of clients by next year, but have at least started the forming-a-business process and started acquisitioning horses, since neither of our personal horses are suitable lesson horses. Husband and I will have bought a house/property by this point.

5 Years:

Have a solid client base for our riding center and have a few clients competing in recognized shows, either in USDF or Para-Equestrian. Continue progressing in my own riding and either have purchased or be actively working towards purchasing the Dream Horse. I'm also going to be fluent in another language and be able to at least passably play the piano. I will be an Advanced level instructor by this point.

10 Years:

Be competing on a national (or international) level either with my own horse and/or coaching my clients at that level. I want to be a pretty good hand at this whole travel hacking thing by this point and use it to travel during the off season from horse shows and teaching. I want out center to be a premier center by this point and to be well into our instructor mentoring program, helping to build the industry and promote professionalism among new instructors. I will either be working towards (preparing my thesis for, not just thinking about it) or have earned my Master level instructor certification and I hope to travel around to smaller centers throughout the country to help them in their development, as well as being an examiner for the registered level instructor certification. I'm hoping that by this time I will have resolved the dichotomy in my dreams of both living a sustainable and self-suficient life (growing our own food, having livestock, making goat cheese, spinning yarn from our own alpacas, etc.) with my wanderlust and desire to live a global and expansive life with a career that is not going to be location-independent at all. Farming and travel don't seem to go together, but I'm trying to find a way that I can get the best of both worlds, as I don't really want to give up either raising dairy goats or backpacking through Mongolia. Both seem like pretty big adventures.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

So after giving this lots of thought I've decided not to change any of my challenge goals. I am I think on track for all the fitness ones and even though I have managed a job it is a temporary one only so I'll still be looking for a full time permanent role.

Regarding other goals:

1 Year:

To have my debt mostly paid down and once again living with the girlfriend. I also hope to be at my ideal waist size.

5 Years:

To have decided which continent I want to be living on long term (I'm Canadian, girlfriend is Swedish)

10 Years:

To be a senior level web developer and have worked at one of my dream jobs (google, blizzard, etc)

This too, shall pass.

I posted the goals I am adapting earlier in the thread

1 YEAR:Have our house paid off and be able to do a handstand- The house paid off is doable, my sister and I just need to do the paperwork for my mom's estate. I don't know how do-able the handstand is.

5 YEARS- 10 pull ups and saved up enough money and gone on a trip to Disneyworld and Europe

10 YEARS- Saved up money to go somewhere else on vacation- maybe New Zealand-

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

As far as my challenge goals go, I will be tweaking my goal number to from interval running twice a week to just once a week. For some reason, I am terribly averse to going outside and running. I essentially hate it. Since I've not gone out at all this challenge, I figure I will FORCE myself up to go out one time every seven days.

In one year, I will be in my next to last semester of college. I want to be confident with my degree, and hopefully applying for internships/jobs both here in the US and abroad (German/Linguistics Degree, so it makes sense). I don't want to be scared that I'm going to have to live in a box, so I'd also like to either be working a job at the time, so as to be saving up money for, you know, life and such.

In five years, I would like to be firmly established in a job/career of some sort. I'll be 25, so I'd also like to maybe be seeing someone or maybe (le gasp!) even be engaged or (le even bigger gasp) married. I also want to begin working on another language by this point.

In ten years, I want to be fluent in German, conversational in one or more of the following: Hebrew, Russian, Spanish, Italian. I want to have a family of some sort, be it human or animal or whatever. I want to be happy in my career and I want to have been, preferably lived outside the US for some period of time.

Woo, looking ahead.

Halis: level 2 human assassinSTR 10|DEX 2.5|STA 3.5|CON 6.5|WIS 12|CHA 7.63

ah, I'm late with this one. but that's ok, I still want to write and think about it.

in my defense, I had no internet, and spent some night talking about this stuff to friends.

in three weeks, mmmmmmh. I learned recently that "loosing some weight" is not a very good goal for me, because it drives me fucking crazy when unsuccesfull. It's what I'd like, but I'm going to have to sneak up on it. Let's focus on "overcome the shyness to climb trees in the park and go to swimming pools in a foreign country." instead. in two weeks time i must be able to handle basic go for a swim-conversations in serbian, and go for some swims. it's about gaining some power to better take care of myself. it matters.

in a year.

I realized I need a studio, because a studio is like x3 work and x5 mental health. extra bonus points if I can sleep in it.

where? in which country? what am I doing living in thee different countries at the same in the first place? all these things are irrelevant, I will first get the funds to rent something and then rent something where ever works best. I can live nowhere for a while, but I can't keep on working on other people's kitchen tables. I'm sick of it. also, driving licence.

in 5 years.

I want to have figured out some stuff about relationships by then, what works and doesn't work for me, and how to limit hurtful business and confusion. I think I have some learning to do here. if I succeed in this without becoming an angry hermit, i'll let you guys know.

in 10 years.

I want a small boat. or a horse.

Nyxy, lvl 13 Werewolf assassin!            Current challenge: butts               Fitocracy

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines