LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

Hi guys and gals, wanted to do a quick intro. I'm not new around here but I'm back after having left for a bit. I'm newly (in the last year) out as a FtM transguy and thought I would say hi.

I've known exactly what I am and what I've wanted for 10+ years now and finally made the leap to being happy for me. Along with this also comes really pushing to change my bad health addictions to become all I can be.

So I'm back again and working towards being fully and authentically myself.

Oh and my life deets are 26, Cole, and BC, Canada :)

I forget the exact rule but to paraphrase. "Once a rebel always a rebel." ;)

• Like 4

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

So, down to 375.

Starting to fix some health issues.

Starting to gain a lot more confidence in going out as me.

And my wife is no longer asking me to avoid hormones.

It's kinda scary now. [emoji1]

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

Huzzah! Wreck it! 

Race: Alive | Class: Ranger | Level: 7 | STATS: Whoops~ (Yes, that's totally a stat! I checked, I swear!... >.>)

Understand that everyone needs time. Understand that everyone deserves patience. Understand that healing, and change take countless seconds, minutes and hours before real health of body and mind can be obtained at all.

"Everything lost is meant to be found."

Becoming a part of the X-men: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | Current

Oh definitely awesome. But also, complete anxiety panic.

I've had 40 years of barely making it by learning to fake being a guy. Now I have to let people see me for real, while I learn how to be authentic and female in the outside. Money, family, everything. Aaaah.

Plus now, I'm removing my great excuse. "Oh, I'm depressed cause I'm a guy. Oh I'm socially awkward from concealing my femininity..., bla blah blah"

• Like 2

So, I recently came to the understanding about myself that I don't identify with any gender, not genderqueer but agender. Pronouns don't make a difference to me (I won't be insulted with any pronouns beyond used for me).

My question is, how do I go about explaining that to people who don't understand (parents don't want to understand) the difference between sex and gender?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,

I would probably make it as simple as possible.. Sex is the physical parts and gender is the way you identify within yourself. Sometimes they line up and sometimes they don't.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I've explained it to my parents many times. It's not that they don't understand, they don't want to understand (same thing with my dying my hair and my bisexuality).

I feel like coming out to them on that will not be a good thing at all.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,

I guess it depends on how much you feel like you need to express that your gender isn't limited by the body you have? Most people are going to think of you as male because of your body, and you already said you don't mind what pronouns get used. Sometimes it's enough to just know for yourself that you aren't actually "male" but "agender". Does it really matter if your family and friends know the details? (Only you can answer that.)

If you need to express your asexuality externally, then you'll probably get some weird looks or maybe even some hate speech, but I bet you get that from your hair already. :P But in the end, the only person you can convince about who you are is yourself. Other people may or may not get it, or be willing to get it.

• Like 3

transition = 'awesome' + 'complete anxiety panic.' Yep, that's how it was for me, too. At some point you run out of excuses for not transitioning and it feels liberating in a 'oh, now I'm falling off a cliff' sort of way. Stretch your wings, you'll be flying soon!

haha oh geez ... I wonder about that for me, and more overtly expressing being agender. Lots of thinking.

So, I recently came to the understanding about myself that I don't identify with any gender, not genderqueer but agender. Pronouns don't make a difference to me (I won't be insulted with any pronouns beyond used for me).

My question is, how do I go about explaining that to people who don't understand (parents don't want to understand) the difference between sex and gender?

If they don't want to understand, that's up to them. I'm sorry you're dealing with people unwilling to listen to something so important to you. IMO all you can do is keep living your best life, and hope that maybe they'll come around. You can't force people to change their minds, and it's exhausting to keep trying. Be good to yourself.

Hey everyone,

Newbie here (trans, male, bi), just saying hi! :)

Any new rebels doing the recruit 6 week challenge?

• Like 4

Level 0 Faun Adventurer

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Dumbledore

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Intro | Battle Log1st 6wc

Weight Loss Goal - Starting Weight: 124kg, Goal: 73kg, Weight Loss Required: 51kg total

16.6%
16.6%

Healthy Meals Repertoire - Stage 1, Learn 28 meals

35.7%
35.7%

Hey everyone,

Newbie here (trans, male, bi), just saying hi! :)

Any new rebels doing the recruit 6 week challenge?

Welcome to the party! Feel free to come hang out with the Adventurers if no other newbs respond (or even if they do!). 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

My mom will always love me and wants me to be happy.

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

Sounds like things went well! Congrats! I wish I could be so lucky.

Challenge | Battle Log

SW: 229 lbs CW: 150 lbs

GW1: 200 lbs GW2: 190 lbs GW3: 180 lbs GW4: 170 lbs GW5: 160 lbs GW6: 150 lbs GW7: 140 lbs GW8: 130 lbs

Ultimate Goal: Lose a total of 100 lbs

Current Total Lost: 79 lbs

Hey, Orchid. Good to hear from you. I was starting to get worried, since it'd been about a month since you posted here or on your blog.

Yeah, sorry about that. I've been a bit reclusive lately and lacking motivation for most things but I'm still kicking. Glad you thought of me.

• Like 1

Challenge | Battle Log

SW: 229 lbs CW: 150 lbs

GW1: 200 lbs GW2: 190 lbs GW3: 180 lbs GW4: 170 lbs GW5: 160 lbs GW6: 150 lbs GW7: 140 lbs GW8: 130 lbs

Ultimate Goal: Lose a total of 100 lbs

Current Total Lost: 79 lbs