LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

However when it comes down to biology there are only 2 genders.

I assume you meant "sex" as Dillpedo pointed out. But splitting the world in 2 genders (or sexes, depending on the pint of view) is an artificial construction which has little to do with real biology.

Let's not forget about the "I", which is always silent (included in this thread topic, btw). One newborn every hundred has something "not average" regarding their sex (a big ****oris or the urethra coming out the the base of the penis instead of the tip, or with a mosaic DNA, or with ). One out of 1000 undergoes cosmetic surgery, withe the sole scope of making their genitalia looking "normal". I am talking about healthy children who are mutilated and/or castrated for no real reason.

This is not a critique to jpryan90, I know most of the people are not aware of the problem, of how deep and well spread it is. I think it is really important for us fabulous people to raise the awareness level with respect to this less known and less visible issues.

Tkal, level 8 Dwarf assassin playing with the monks

STR 13.5 | DEX 19.25 | STA 16 | CON 18.75 | WIS 18 | CHA 14.5

My walls (aka: random log) | Intro | Challenge 1 with tracker | Aborted Challenge 2 | "Real" challenge 2 | Challenge 3
Challenge 4 | (never started)Challenge 5 | (super short) Challenge 5 | (third is a charm) Challenge 5 | Challenge 6
Challenge 7 | Challenge 8

"Patience you must learn"

Let's not forget about the "I", which is always silent (included in this thread topic, btw).

Not always silent - We've talked about DSD/intersex issues a little upthread. :)

I think it is really important for us fabulous people to raise the awareness level with respect to this less known and less visible issues.

I said this here a while back I'm always a little wary of the way intersex issues get conflated with trans issues when they're introduced into GBLT+ discussions. If that weren't so common I'd be all for it (it's always good to have more allies), but it's a little worrying because that turns it into more of a socio-political discussion rather than a socio-medical one (I think the better advocacy model is the one that comes out of a social model of disability). That said, more awareness is always good, so... yeah. It's a tough one.

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

Gosh, how have I not seen this thread before?

I'm one of those gay men your mother warned you about. I'm only a practising homosexual, though - I just can't get the hang of this fashion stuff, and I am appallingly good at such manly pursuits as flat pack furniture assembly and rewiring fuses.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Having a sexual attraction towards cookware...? :P

No, wait, that saucepansexuals...

So that's what they call people like me...

Profession: Level 3 Sith Assassin, Slingshot Demon Slayer (Rank: Spy)Stats: STR 6 DEX 5.25 CON 9 STA 2 WIS 6.5 CHA 1Motto: Do you really want it? Luchar por ella.Links: Six Week Challenge | Life GoalsQOTD: HA! "Your Honor, permission to Kong Vault over the bench?" -- AtSeaLevel

I'm one of those gay men your mother warned you about. I'm only a practising homosexual, though - I just can't get the hang of this fashion stuff, and I am appallingly good at such manly pursuits as flat pack furniture assembly and rewiring fuses.
I just spent all yesterday assembling flat pack furniture, and I love weightlifting, roleplaying, martial arts, and comfortable shoes, and yet *still* my lesbian membership card is not in the mail. Must be the husband. He's holding up the approval process somehow. ;)

You are both my favorite people today.

Profession: Level 3 Sith Assassin, Slingshot Demon Slayer (Rank: Spy)Stats: STR 6 DEX 5.25 CON 9 STA 2 WIS 6.5 CHA 1Motto: Do you really want it? Luchar por ella.Links: Six Week Challenge | Life GoalsQOTD: HA! "Your Honor, permission to Kong Vault over the bench?" -- AtSeaLevel

Guest shaka-spirit

I just spent all yesterday assembling flat pack furniture, and I love weightlifting, roleplaying, martial arts, and comfortable shoes, and yet *still* my lesbian membership card is not in the mail. Must be the husband. He's holding up the approval process somehow. ;)

:D Oh god you guys deserve all of the awards.

These posts made me literally laugh out loud in my cubicle at work. Bravo.

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Maybe you just haven't

?

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2qmfbys.jpg[/sIGPIC]

SpazzyMal, level 1 Faun Druid

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

CURRENT CHALLENGE

[/TABLE]

Maybe you just haven't
?

I remember when I won a T-shirt that way! 2 sizes too small, but I still have it! :victorious:

By the way, welcome SapzzyMal (and the other I missed in the meantime)

My walls (aka: random log) | Intro | Challenge 1 with tracker | Aborted Challenge 2 | "Real" challenge 2 | Challenge 3
Challenge 4 | (never started)Challenge 5 | (super short) Challenge 5 | (third is a charm) Challenge 5 | Challenge 6

Accountabilibuddies anyone for current challenge? Anyone in if I start a rainbow-fabulous team?

I am interested, but know nothing about the process. Details, please!

Basically it should be just a super-dedicated support group. We form a team, we open the thread and we support each other to get the best out of this challenge.

Actually I am not completely sure it makes sense to have a "fabulous" team if you look only at the goals. But it would be fun, sort of a spin-off of this thread focused more on the challenge... Ok, I am biased on the "having fun" side of the game, with 3 fun goal (fun alone, fun doing stuff with others, fun chatting with the locals) out of 4, but still, it is a game, not real life! (says the guy who as job plays with computers all day long...)

So far... 3? I created the team in the cross guild area, name QUILT BAG. Sign up on spreadsheet, then post something in the thread.

So, counting Artinum, SpazzyMal and me we have the G, the L and the T (if I remember correctly). How many letters do we manage to collect? Plus, we have a scout, a druid, and a adventurer: do we manage to include also the other guilds?

See you on the team thread (which is open, of course, to everyone)! Now time to sleep before my geekness takes full control of my writings!

Man, I log into NF multiple times a day, and usually it is just everyday stuff. How challenges are going. New deadlift PRs. The like. Then sometimes I log in, hit the what's new, and find a thread like this. And it makes me so proud to be a member of such an awesome community. Straight ally here, but to see such inclusiveness in our community is amazing, especially when I see so much hate in the real world where I live (South GA). Just one of those days where I am even more proud to be a rebel.

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior
STR: 25 | DEX: 11.75 | STA: 9.75
CON: 13.5 | WIS: 10.75 | CHA: 3

Challenge | DAI-GURREN | Stop Smoking

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding. - TMBG

Pay the Iron Price. - Balon Greyjoy