LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

Queer lady here. I'm so glad to be able to chat with other people like me. I'm only partially out; my parents don't know. Heck, I didn't accept it until fairly recently, when I saw this lady here: 247-Tara-Fitzgerald.jpg

then I knew without a doubt that I liked women.

Who was your first celebrity crush?

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Who was your first celebrity crush?

Gabrielle on Xena.

I always wanted to be Xena 'cause she was so strong and cool, and she had an adorable blonde that hung around with her. I remember thinking "I want to have a friendship like them when I grow up"

My girlfriend is a brunette, but she's still pretty damn cute.

• Like 1

Just found this thread. Great to see it! I'm a lesbian but am only out to one person who I told when I was about 16 or 17, can't remember exactly. I'm 21 now. I'm a tomboy, although no beer in my hand (Don't really like alcohol). I used to play a lot of rugby although that stopped once uni started as I found it difficult to manage my studies.

I've never had a girlfriend (one boyfriend when I was 13 before realising that maybe I preferred the other sex) and I think that has everything to do with the fact I am very quiet. I never found a good time to tell people I go to uni with that I'm gay, and haven't joined the LGBT society, although if friends asked I would tell them. I think my parents, or at the very least my dad, might think I'm bi, according to conversations I've had with them. 

I've scanned through a couple of pages but am going to have to go back and read through the rest. I definitely have to watch Orange Is the New Black though, everyone keeps talking about it!

Where can you find me?:  My Twitter  /  My Blog

Not sure if it was the first, but I can remember having an inkling that maybe I might like girls was watching season 3 of Buffy.

Faithstake.jpg

Eliza! <333

The first crush I remember was on Belle from Beauty and the Beast when I was a young'un, does that count? :P

• Like 1

Level 2 Half-Elf Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Intro | Challenges: 1, 2 {currently on challenge hiatus}

Just found this thread. Great to see it! I'm a lesbian but am only out to one person who I told when I was about 16 or 17, can't remember exactly.

And now you are out to all the people in this forum. Or at least GillyNomad is :)

Welcome on board!

Tkal, level 8 Dwarf assassin playing with the monks

STR 13.5 | DEX 19.25 | STA 16 | CON 18.75 | WIS 18 | CHA 14.5

My walls (aka: random log) | Intro | Challenge 1 with tracker | Aborted Challenge 2 | "Real" challenge 2 | Challenge 3
Challenge 4 | (never started)Challenge 5 | (super short) Challenge 5 | (third is a charm) Challenge 5 | Challenge 6
Challenge 7 | Challenge 8

"Patience you must learn"

Not sure if it was the first, but I can remember having an inkling that maybe I might like girls was watching season 3 of Buffy.

Faithstake.jpg

I like Buffy. I love the wisecracks while she's beating up vampires. But  my eyes were for Xander and Oz... contented sigh...

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Eliza Dushku was/is a go to celebrity crush for me! Excellent taste you've got there, Batwoman!

Thanks! I do not mind when she shows up in things. She's also done a voice for Catwoman in Batman Year One cartoon, which makes me like her a little bit more :)

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Hey everyone,

So what's up!  So I am gay and I just want to say how great it is to see such a large GBLTQ community. I am 28 and from Minneapolis but will be relocating to the Seattle area in the Spring/Summer. I was informed about this site and had to check it out so I am new to all of this. I am currently about 50 pounds over my ideal weight and was looking to do the Paleo Diet and am looking for a support system in my area or even just online that I would have access to in times of need.  Again, I am so glad that there is such a large accepting group of people on this site.

• Like 1

Hey everyone! I cant even begin to express how happy the existence of this thread makes me! I've just skimmed some of the pages but I was wondering if there were any other trans* people here? 

Level 0 : Human : Adventurer

Set out on a Path for adventure on 11/30/2013

(STR : 0 ) (DEX : 0 ) (STA : 0 ) (CON : 0 ) (WIS : 0 ) (CHA : 0 ) 

Challenges : (1)

SCIENCE!

Depends - if you're attracted to intelligence, you're a sapiosexual (which would warrant an S).

If you really just like the feel of squishy head-flesh and the sensation of cerebral fluids dribbling down your warm thighs... erm... sorry, where was I?

Iew! Although intelligence is a major part of attraction for me (I've been known to say I wouldn't date anyone with an IQ below 130) cerebral fluids freaks me out. Other than that I end up on the totally hetero side of the spectrum, I just wouldn't know what to do with a pair of boobs besides my own. Which is fine, but sometimes that does feel like I'm missing out on half of the people on earth ;)

It's great this thread is here for those people that need it, but on the other hand I can't help feeling sad that it's here as well. For me it's so obvious that people like who they like, because they like them, whomever they are. It's just hard to imagine how some people think about this topic. Now I'm very lucky to live in a country (Netherlands) where being gay is mostly accepted. People can get married, we have politician who are openly gay as well as athletes and the winner of the 'hollands got talent'-show I saw yesterday was that of a dance group doing a dance showing the coming out of two of their members. If that can happen here it can happen in other places as well.

When I ask my nieces and nephews about school and if there is anyone they specifically like I always make sure to ask for both male and female crushes. I've done this since they could talk so hopefully they'll also see sexuality as a candy store where everyone picks the flavour they like best. 

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

Hey everyone,

So what's up!  So I am gay and I just want to say how great it is to see such a large GBLTQ community. I am 28 and from Minneapolis but will be relocating to the Seattle area in the Spring/Summer. I was informed about this site and had to check it out so I am new to all of this. I am currently about 50 pounds over my ideal weight and was looking to do the Paleo Diet and am looking for a support system in my area or even just online that I would have access to in times of need.  Again, I am so glad that there is such a large accepting group of people on this site.

Hey everyone! I cant even begin to express how happy the existence of this thread makes me! I've just skimmed some of the pages but I was wondering if there were any other trans* people here?

A greetings to both of you. Glad to have you guys.

Alright, Rainbow Brigade of the Nerd Fitness Rebellion, here's a question: When did you realise that you had different tastes, and when did you accept it?

For me, I realised it when I was in my teens, but I only accepted when I hit 30. It's amazing what being removed from your family's direct influence can do for your self-image. I was very sad to discover that my parents are rather homophobic during a game of Life (for those who don't know it: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2921/the-game-of-life).

My dad decided to get a "husband" as a joke, and then lost his job twice over the course of the game. Cue my mother: "that's what you get for being a degenerate". I felt uncomfortable, to put it mildly.

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Alright, Rainbow Brigade of the Nerd Fitness Rebellion, here's a question: When did you realise that you had different tastes, and when did you accept it?

The clues were there from an early age, but I was a bit slow. I remember finding Nick Kamen in the laundrette (Levis advert from waaaay back) compelling, but not knowing why. I would have been about seven.

It wasn't until I got to University that the whole idea of sex started to seriously kick in. Before that I just didn't understand what the point of it was. Being surrounded by fit young men in my first year was actually a little distressing and I didn't know why. Meanwhile, I was looking for the right girl and not finding any. Turned out one or two had been looking at me and I was completely oblivious!

I was 20 when I cottoned on to the fact that, with all these young men and women walking about in very little summer clothing, it was the men that my eyes kept being drawn to. It took me a little while longer to fully accept, but not much. Then I went from being a lonely straight guy to a lonely gay guy.

About six months of loneliness later, I had my first kiss. A few months after that, I had my first (brief) relationship. Then I got a bit slutty...

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

I'm currently in a hetero relationship, but I often wonder. And I find myself stuck on - am I noticing women because I like women, or am I noticing women because women are more often objectified, body-critiqued, etc etc? I think the line between "I like her body, I wish mine looked like that" and "I want to see her naked" is thin. And that's confusing.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

I'm currently in a hetero relationship, but I often wonder. And I find myself stuck on - am I noticing women because I like women, or am I noticing women because women are more often objectified, body-critiqued, etc etc? I think the line between "I like her body, I wish mine looked like that" and "I want to see her naked" is thin. And that's confusing.

Yeah, that can be confusing. It's hard to really know until you get either the "she's so hot I'm melting" or the "I want to marry her NOW!" reaction. If you ever get either of these (or both!) then you'll know for sure.

Joking aside, there is nothing wrong with wanting to see people of the same sex naked... :)

• Like 1

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Lawl. I don't even know what my tastes are yet. Until very recently my tastes have been "none". I've identified as asexual for well over a decade, but over the last few months I've started to wonder if this due to my brain wiring not matching the body parts I was born with.

I have no Y chromosome, but if I had to define how I see myself in terms of male/female ratio, I'd say 80/20. I haven't had any surgeries or hormone therapy, and I don't know if I ever will. I do wish I had a manlier body shape, however. So here I am, trying to build up my upper body and lose any jigglyness on my ass and thighs XD

I realize that some people I know IRL might see this but...fuck it. It's not like it would be a big surprise anyway.