LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

Lawl. I don't even know what my tastes are yet. Until very recently my tastes have been "none". I've identified as asexual for well over a decade, but over the last few months I've started to wonder if this due to my brain wiring not matching the body parts I was born with.

I have no Y chromosome, but if I had to define how I see myself in terms of male/female ratio, I'd say 80/20. I haven't had any surgeries or hormone therapy, and I don't know if I ever will. I do wish I had a manlier body shape, however. So here I am, trying to build up my upper body and lose any jigglyness on my ass and thighs XD

I realize that some people I know IRL might see this but...fuck it. It's not like it would be a big surprise anyway.

Another asexual here who may also be gender fluid. I'm mostly ok with being a woman since it's convenient for social purposes, but I'd probably prefer to be some flavor of gender neutral. Like you, I'm working toward a more masculine/muscular look. Alas, I am short, so I'm never going to be able to achieve the exact look I want.

Well as of today I am officially out to my parents and younger sister. All were amazing...probably because they had an inkling that I was gay but it feels great to not be hiding that part of myself now around them. 

I have to say though starting those conversations were so awkward.

Congratulations!  Glad it went well :-)

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Well as of today I am officially out to my parents and younger sister. All were amazing...probably because they had an inkling that I was gay but it feels great to not be hiding that part of myself now around them. 

Congratulations!! :)

Level 2 Half-Elf Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Intro | Challenges: 1, 2 {currently on challenge hiatus}

that's great. :) 

congrats! 

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Great job! It's important to be accepted by our loved ones. Keep on rocking!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Just a run-of-the-mill heterosexual passing through (despite the beard in the picture. That's explainable. Probably.) but I just wanted to say that this is an amazing thread and I think y'all are very courageous. Keep on rockin'!

I don't care whether it's explicable or not. That is a great beard. Reminds me of ZZ Top...

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Aaahhhh!  Family!

Hello everyone from the furthest west and south United State.  That sounds off - even if its factually accurate.  

I'm here on the Big Island with my partner of 18 years and our foster son (that we hope to adopt).  I'm now in the homestretch toward 50 and the view is OK.  

I am very glad to find this place as a small avenue where I can turn to discuss non-fitness and health topics.

Another asexual here who may also be gender fluid. I'm mostly ok with being a woman since it's convenient for social purposes, but I'd probably prefer to be some flavor of gender neutral. Like you, I'm working toward a more masculine/muscular look. Alas, I am short, so I'm never going to be able to achieve the exact look I want.

/highfive, fellow Ace! (I swear, I post into threads, and then forget to check for replies until like a week later lol).

I hear ya about not being as tall. I wish I was around 6'0" but that's never going to happen X( Unless...science maybe?

Also, grats on the successful coming out, GillyNomad!

Keoni, welcome to the thread :3

• Like 1

Well, I haven't popped in here in a while, but it's lovely to see so many beautiful nerds in here!

I hope the holiday season is treating you all well!

This sounds so very similar to my coming out experience! Almost everyone I told was like "yeah... and?" I'm glad your family is open and loving.

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

/highfive, fellow Ace! (I swear, I post into threads, and then forget to check for replies until like a week later lol).

I hear ya about not being as tall. I wish I was around 6'0" but that's never going to happen X( Unless...science maybe?

Yep, there's a few of us around :-)  Oddly, I tend to think of myself as taller until I stand next to one of my actually tall coworkers.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Being tall is overrated believe me.  I've been this tall (6'4") since I was 12.  

There is this assumption when you are tall that you a) want to play basketball and B) that you are good at it.  I'm a big ol' queer.  A giant boy with fruity center.  Desire? Talent? Neither one of those is true.  Besides, have you seen the things basketball players in the 70's and 80's wore?  Fashion Felony!  

Well, I did (and still do) have nice legs but STILL!

The best thing about discovering long threads like this? So much awesome to read! :tongue:

The worst thing? Reaching the end.

I used to lurk around in the early days of the site/forums, and thought the peoples here were pretty great. Then I come back here trying to collect some tips and info for a friend, and I find this thread with so many good people being good. Awesome.

As for myself, I'm a transgirl who just recently managed to escape denial and self-shaming over the last year or so, but now firmly stuck in confusion/acceptance limbo. Anyways, I'm really happy and pleasantly suprised to see all the transguys here... the places/boards I tend to frequent have other transgirls, but I've yet to come across any of the guys til now ^_^

I hope everyone is well and has had a great holiday season so far!

Raevn

Level 2 Wood Elf Assassin

Challenges 1 | 2

“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard.†- John F. Kennedy

Being tall is overrated believe me.  I've been this tall (6'4") since I was 12.  

There is this assumption when you are tall that you a) want to play basketball and B) that you are good at it.  I'm a big ol' queer.  A giant boy with fruity center.  Desire? Talent? Neither one of those is true.  Besides, have you seen the things basketball players in the 70's and 80's wore?  Fashion Felony!  

Well, I did (and still do) have nice legs but STILL!

You make a compelling argument :-)  We tend to focus on the ability to reach things or be a larger presence or something like that and forget the downsides.  I got reminded of another downside over the course of two Dash 8-100 flights.  The tall guys were narrowly missing head injury all over the place.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

W00t!!  Bumped into this thread by chance and am glad to see it.  Straight (female) ally here.  I got to sing in "It Gets Better" with the Gay Men's Chorus of LA this fall. 

I hope every one can work on getting fit and having an epic life without hassles in this safe place!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Pretty interesting list. I'm glad I avoid most of these. Usually when a girl says she likes girls I just respond with an enthusiastic "me too!" followed by a high five. I will say some lesbians genuinely seem to have a vendetta against men. Not all but some.

• Like 1

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

Pretty interesting list. I'm glad I avoid most of these. Usually when a girl says she likes girls I just respond with an enthusiastic "me too!" followed by a high five. I will say some lesbians genuinely seem to have a vendetta against men. Not all but some.

It's a shame, but it happens, usually as a result of abuse or ridicule.

Me though, I am an equal opportunity hater, so I hate everyone equally. (jk) :playful:

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Interesting post, it is what happens when people see the label and not the people behind it, they see lesbians as some sort of exotic life form instead of simply being people trying to live their life as they wish, and it is just as bad when it is some (usually) religious bigot, or someone who otherwise claims to be sympathetic who can't simply treat an LGBT person as simply another human being.....I belonged for several years to an uber liberal church out here in the staid burbs, that had an amazingly diverse group of LGBT people, gay men, lesbians, even a group of transwomen....and while the church was very welcoming, and it was a good community, a big problem was it that LGBT people were seen more as a cause rather than as people. A lot of the LGBT people had had rough lives, a number were in recovery, had had bad times with family, some had been assaulted, had faced all kinds of things, losing access to kids, you name it, and just simply spending a lot of their lives feeling ashamed of who they were..the problem with the church was that many of these people needed a community, a place to feel a part of, with fellowship, which sadly the church really didn't provide, in part because LGBT people would be like Hispanic immigrants or blacks or whatever, a cause, rather than people still hurting, needing something. It is one thing to be welcoming with words and rainbow banners and such, it is another to recognize the needs of a fellow person and try and meet them:). 

A lesbian friend of mine told me of a stereotype that made her chuckle (she was very femme, a self admitted girly girly type, looked a lot like Zoe Deschannel), she swears when guys found out she was gay they always want to know what kind of cordless drill she has *lol*..her response? "That is why a girl like me gets married, sweetie, my wife handles that kind of stuff"