LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

I appear to have the secret power of "Thread Death".  

OK, so I'm going to embark on my first NF Challenge and one of the optional tools is a "Challenge Squad" or other accountability group.  I think it would help.  Is there a GLBTQQCIA accountability group for the Challenge?  I'm Level 1/First Challenge so I know I can't be much help to others except as a cheerleader, encourager,  sympathizer - but I can do that!  Any interest for the challenge starting on Monday?

As for myself, I'm a transgirl who just recently managed to escape denial and self-shaming over the last year or so, but now firmly stuck in confusion/acceptance limbo. Anyways, I'm really happy and pleasantly suprised to see all the transguys here... the places/boards I tend to frequent have other transgirls, but I've yet to come across any of the guys til now ^_^

Hi Raevn, welcome to the rebellion!

I am one of the "guys" you mention :)

Being stuck in the limbo is not so bad per se. For some people it is the place to be. I know we are pressed by everybody to be on one side or the other, but that is not a good reason to rush over things. I have been in between places for almost 10 years before starting with hormones. And also now I am pride to be not-at-all-masculine guy who is taking shit from is fellow FTM for not being macho enough. And from the rest of the world for being trans :-)

Tkal, level 8 Dwarf assassin playing with the monks

STR 13.5 | DEX 19.25 | STA 16 | CON 18.75 | WIS 18 | CHA 14.5

My walls (aka: random log) | Intro | Challenge 1 with tracker | Aborted Challenge 2 | "Real" challenge 2 | Challenge 3
Challenge 4 | (never started)Challenge 5 | (super short) Challenge 5 | (third is a charm) Challenge 5 | Challenge 6
Challenge 7 | Challenge 8

"Patience you must learn"

I have no Y chromosome, but if I had to define how I see myself in terms of male/female ratio, I'd say 80/20. I haven't had any surgeries or hormone therapy, and I don't know if I ever will. I do wish I had a manlier body shape, however. So here I am, trying to build up my upper body and lose any jigglyness on my ass and thighs XD

I'm working toward a more masculine/muscular look. Alas, I am short, so I'm never going to be able to achieve the exact look I want.

Thanks for sharing. If that can help, the right attitude can do much more than genes and fat distribution.

I should definitely pop up here more often. I love the colorful diversity of this thread

My walls (aka: random log) | Intro | Challenge 1 with tracker | Aborted Challenge 2 | "Real" challenge 2 | Challenge 3
Challenge 4 | (never started)Challenge 5 | (super short) Challenge 5 | (third is a charm) Challenge 5 | Challenge 6

Alright, Rainbow Brigade of the Nerd Fitness Rebellion, here's a question: When did you realise that you had different tastes, and when did you accept it?

Realized when I was 4. But growing up in a strict Roman-Catholic family any variation on the "adam&eve" structure was not acceptable. So I kept repressing identity and desires until I was 21 and I fell badly in love with a fellow student at university. Great thing to study far from the small village where I grew up!

Then I lived a few years (8?) of lesbian life, but since I never managed to identify as a woman I can say that acceptance came only 7 years ago. Last year I started the medical treatments to change my body (and later my documents) toward the male range, but I do not fully identify as a man.

In the meantime I rocked my family world a lot. I managed to educate my parents and to change their attitude. It took many years and it was a bumpy ride, but love and compassion overcame difficulties and mental barriers.

Last post of the day (much to catch up...)

OK, so I'm going to embark on my first NF Challenge and one of the optional tools is a "Challenge Squad" or other accountability group.  I think it would help.  Is there a GLBTQQCIA accountability group for the Challenge?

We had it once, the QUILT BAG. I see no reason not to have it again. So, it is there

#1 is what i get all the time. i'm like... um... not all lesbians look the same.

W00t!!  Bumped into this thread by chance and am glad to see it.  Straight (female) ally here.  I got to sing in "It Gets Better" with the Gay Men's Chorus of LA this fall. 

I hope every one can work on getting fit and having an epic life without hassles in this safe place!!

<3

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Ugh. "You haven't been with the right man." I spent my twenties listening to that over and over and over...

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Are you serious? I can't believe people can actually say that shit with a straight face.

Seriously. But I did purge those people out of my life.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs

Spoiler

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Seriously. But I did purge those people out of my life.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

yup. not worth it.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

"It turned out the right man had a vagina.  Imagine my surprise!"

LOL. Somehow I missed this post on my phone. Love it!

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs

Spoiler

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Are you serious? I can't believe people can actually say that shit with a straight face.

Sadly, there are still a lot of people out there who believe who you are is a choice, that if someone is lesbian it is because women can please another woman better than a man can so they are in it for the lust only, gay men had wimpy dads and domineering moms, the whole gamut is still out there, not to mention, of course, the whole religion nonsense (and I say nonsense, not that I believe religion is nonsense, but rather in religion some pretty crappy 'logic' to dance around the fact that calling it a choice or 'a sin against nature' flies in the face of science and reason)...I have heard it all. Then again, trans people face crap from straight people and from some gay people, gay men who think M to F's are afraid to admit they are gay, lesbian women who think transwomen are men trying to recapture the power women have gained, or the so called 'gender experts' who say it is all about sexual fantasy *grrr*.....

My favorite one is the old claim that lesbians happen because they have been abused. While I do think there may be women who were abused by men who end up with other women, I don't think they were 'made lesbian' either by the trauma....as my therapist said, if abuse caused women to become lesbian, given how many women are raped or otherwise abused by men, they would make up a significant portion of the population.....

• Like 2

Hi Raevn, welcome to the rebellion!

I am one of the "guys" you mention :)

Being stuck in the limbo is not so bad per se. For some people it is the place to be. I know we are pressed by everybody to be on one side or the other, but that is not a good reason to rush over things. I have been in between places for almost 10 years before starting with hormones. And also now I am pride to be not-at-all-masculine guy who is taking shit from is fellow FTM for not being macho enough. And from the rest of the world for being trans :-)

The wonderful world of being trans, where you not only have to deal with the fears and nastiness of non trans folk, you have to deal with what a friend of mine called 'the tranny police', dedicated to making sure that everyone meets their idea of what you should be...like, as a M to F if you admitted you liked things like cars or sports, or you didn't fit the world of self pity many get into, or weren't into the world of clubs and having sex, or anything else they decided was authentic or inauthentic. It is ironic that trans folks are fighting for the right to be themselves, but then fighting others supposedly in the same 'community' for the right to define what that 'myself' is. Though I will add that this is true in any community, and like in any community you also find some very wonderful, caring, non judgmental people too..and who says all men have to be macho, or all women totally femme?

I used to get the opposite. "One day you'll meet the right girl." I think those people gave up after a while.

I get the opposite opposite. I swear the majority of my family thinks I'm gay and have been told several times they love and support me no matter what. Which is a good thing don't get me wrong. It's just confusing because I have no clue where they got the idea from.

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

I get the opposite opposite. I swear the majority of my family thinks I'm gay and have been told several times they love and support me no matter what. Which is a good thing don't get me wrong. It's just confusing because I have no clue where they got the idea from.

Sometimes people assume that if you don't have a partner of the opposite sex, you've got to be gay. As a bearer of two X chromosomes, I've had a relative ask me "So, do you have a girlfriend?" for the first time when I was 24, since the answer to the boyfriend question had always been "no" previously.

Only one of my relatives got it spot on when she said: "Nax will always be a kid, even at 99" B)

• Like 1

I've had a lot of people assume that I'm gay because I have effeminate characteristics, never really tried to pick up girls, and - apparently most of all - had no problem with people thinking I was gay.

If your can't fix it with bacon, you're probably going to die.

Obligatory Twitter link.

I've had a lot of people assume that I'm gay because I have effeminate characteristics, never really tried to pick up girls, and - apparently most of all - had no problem with people thinking I was gay.

I think my family is starting to think that because I've never really had a girlfriend I must be gay. Of course the reality is I'm just shy and suck at talking to girls in an I'm interested in you kind of way. It's getting annoying but again I'm glad my family is supportive, even if completely misguided.

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.