Hydration Bladders/bags/reserviors .... what do you use? what is the best?

I'm looking at getting a hydration bladder for my upcoming GORUCK Challenge.. I've owned some very basic cheap ones in the past, but I'd like to get one that will be of good quality and will last. anyone have any suggestions?

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

I also rock a Camelbak. I have used a Camelbak VIPER (101oz / 3ltr) pack. Its a very streamlined camelbak. Only two pockets on it. Great for going light and hitting some trails. I've used my for plenty of hunting up here in the Pacific Northwest. Durable - i've taken some falls out on the hills and purposefully twisted and landed on my back to protect my rifle, thus landing on the camelback unit -still going strong. I recently acquired a "Condor Outdoor" (they make Tactical equipment) 100oz bladder & carrier, but I haven't field tested them yet, although I have heard alot of good things about them.

With the GORUCK challenge, it might come down to what is required of you to determine the type of unit you are looking for. I've heard of the GORUCK challenge, but I'm not familiar with all the details.

Good luck! :)

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Thirding the Camelback. I've got the MULE variety. Only reason for that is the storage options. If you are looking for just a bag, then Platypus offers decent bags and I think they are a bit cheaper than Camelbak.

But Camelbak is the defacto standard.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Thanks for the tips, I'll be only getting an actual bladder for my own pack, the 3 ltr one sounds good

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha

I swear I cannot find hydration bladders NOT in packs... Even on the camelbak site

EDIT: I was able to find reservoirs at rei.com

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I get most of my stuff from Highspeedgearinc.com and blackhawk.com. Blackhawk specifically has hydration bags that you can order and they are generally very cost effective without having to buy the pack as well. Look in the Hydration section under reservoirs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2|DEX: 2|STA: 2|CON: 3|WIS: 4|CHA: 2|

It's a TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!