MISSION 4: The Key Saga Part II

BarefootDawsy

[MISSION]

Having defeated Baron Gormande at his keep in the hills and recovered the first Key piece, we now need to turn our attention to another nasty piece of work, Count Torpor.

Early intelligence reports determined that he indeed did have the second Key piece, and that he had fled alone into the woods behind the Castle. We sent out a forward party, but it never returned. Recent reports have determined that the Count is actually a very powerful wizard, and needs to be approacheed carefully.

He has surrounded himself with a Slowing field, which makes every step a chore and every breath a burden. The only way through this field is by perservering and pressing forward when every fibre of your being tells you to halt.

Defeating fatigue itself is a daunting challenge, but we Scouts are familiar with exhaustion. We have this.

[CHALLENGE]

This week, we're facing off against the Snooze button. In order to make the most of our workouts and diets, we need to be sure that we get up for our workouts, say no to those beers after work, and in short, make our training a priority. The flip side of the coin is getting ample rest, and the only way to do this is to just make sure you do it!

This week, there's a +1 STA on the line. All you need to do is get enough sleep and not miss any workouts. Simple right? We shall see.

[MISSION 3 DEBRIEF]

After we discovered the back door, the Baron went down like a ton of bricks. There were some valiant efforts put forth by many of our Scouts, though several of us took some pretty heavy damage this week.

If you managed to stick to your guns and overcome your diet nasties, then congratulations! You earned yourself +1 CON.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander

Scout - Level 7

YES!!!! THIS is the challenge I needed this week. Amazing how things fall into place. After 3 weeks of illness, injury, and heavy damage from the Baron, I was having a difficult time getting back on the horse for the next key. I got 7 hours last night and got my cycling workout in this morning despite rain. I've got a full week of training scheduled to prep for a Sprint Tri in 2 weeks.

[TABLE=width: 700]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wherever you go, there you are.

FSJJunkie (FSJ = Full Size Jeep)

Spartan Scout w/ assassin tendencies

STR:7.75 DEX:7.33 STA:14 CON:5 WIS:7.5 CHA:4

Multisport Athlete (Triathlon/Duathlon/Offroad Triathlon/Adventure)

Previous Challenge

[/TABLE]

Snooze button! My greatest weakness! Personal goals for the week to bring down Count Torpor: one or less cups of coffee in the morning (no other caffeinated beverages), no snooze button. Let's do this!

Level 0 Undine Druid

"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food.†~ Finding Nemo

June challenge thread.

I'm in!

ps @Silvergamma... I love zeFrank. a lot. for years.

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

I'm in and doing great so far - have had to move workouts around so that I can't use the fact that I don't have time or don't feel like it

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Count me in! Maybe this will be the kick-in-the-pants I need to go to sleep on time.

Level 2 Nord Scout Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

<STR:5><DEX:5><STA:9><CON:4><WIS:4><CHR:3>

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."

The Surly Centurion

Time: 6:22:00

Total Miles Cycled: 1940.7

This week I am finding out that I can pick 2 of the 3: working out, getting enough sleep, and having a social life.

So far I have picked social life and working out

"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit""If you think you can or you can't, you're right!"

Does it count as a miss if you don't do the workout you planned to do that day, if you still do it, just on another day? I have had to swap/change around a few of my workouts this week due to forgetting I was doing something on a certain day or something unplanned came up, but so far I have done all of the workouts I had planned to do this week expect for one which is tomorrow's workout. All the others are done, just some aren't done on the day I planned to

So far so good.

And today I swam! Like, forward!

My Blog | My Story

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Does it count as a miss if you don't do the workout you planned to do that day, if you still do it, just on another day? I have had to swap/change around a few of my workouts this week due to forgetting I was doing something on a certain day or something unplanned came up, but so far I have done all of the workouts I had planned to do this week expect for one which is tomorrow's workout. All the others are done, just some aren't done on the day I planned to

I'd say that would be fine! Sometimes despite your best intentions it can be hard to make it work, so swapping a day here and there can be a way around it. It's slippery slope though, so be careful ;)

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander

Scout - Level 7

I'd say that would be fine! Sometimes despite your best intentions it can be hard to make it work, so swapping a day here and there can be a way around it. It's slippery slope though, so be careful ;)

Next time I will be better prepared.

Done! Got about 8 hours of sleep and was in bee by 10pm each night. I also managed to not miss a workout although I had to swap some around

I rocked this one! Got my three weekday workouts done, a run with the dog on the weekend AND took little miss for a long walk to the further away park for a play.

I've also settled my weight training into a set workout schedule which I'm going to stick to for the next six weeks at least, so I'm not chopping and changing from week to week.

Overall I'm quite pleased with my efforts this past week! This week will be the big challenge as my wife is going to have our second baby on Thursday, but at least now I feel like I am in the habit of working out and have a set plan I can just do without needing to think or plan anything.

Hope everyone else is doing well this week and enjoying the Paralympics too - now those athletes are truly inspirational!

Regards

Quentin

Sent! from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ohhhhhh Ill be thinking happy hatching thoughts your way Quentin! Keep us updated wont you?

My week was good. It got a little wobbly over the weekend with my boys 5th birthday celebrations, but Ive pulled myself back into line and I am more than ready for an early night tonight.

Great challenge!

Got this one done. I stayed up a little later than I would've liked, but I compensated for that time.

I also didn't skip or miss any workouts, did a club ride on Saturday morning that I wasn't originally planning to do, and went hard on all of my lifting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Surly Centurion

The Count was a stiffer opponent than expected. He snuck up on me and put a shot in on my hamstring during my Thursday speed workout. I couldn't do my Bike or Run on Friday or run on Saturday (I did still help coach my son's baseball practice, which included a team vs coaches/parents scrimmage). I got my full bike in on Sunday. While it was an injury that kept me from my workouts, I was unsuccessful in this weeks challenge. The next opponent better watch out. That's two failed challenges in a row.

[TABLE=width: 700]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wherever you go, there you are.

FSJJunkie (FSJ = Full Size Jeep)

Spartan Scout w/ assassin tendencies

STR:7.75 DEX:7.33 STA:14 CON:5 WIS:7.5 CHA:4

Multisport Athlete (Triathlon/Duathlon/Offroad Triathlon/Adventure)

Previous Challenge

[/TABLE]

Had to do my run tonight to feel like I accomplished this Mini-Challenge. And I did. Woo!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Surly Centurion

I got ALL the sleep and did ALL the workouts.

BOOM!

My Blog | My Story

Torpor left me face down in the mud...

I slept completely through snoozes on the weekend and missed a couple of workouts due to family time and volunteering...no points for me on this mission :(

Celtic ScoutLevel 4Str 8 | Dex 7.5 | Sta 12.25 | Con 9 | Wis 10.5 | Cha 7.75Battle Log"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines