Challenge 4 - MINI BOSS: Sloth

Greetings, Assassins.

You've regrouped and retooled our camp, and we are back to operating at full capacity. It's now time to begin our journey into the portal, and to the real Arcadea.

In order to unlock the portal, we must break the spells that protect it. Local intelligence tells us that the first of these spells is being cast by a wizard known colloquially as Sloth, and he's a nasty one.

In addition to protecting the portal and keeping us from our common goal, his spells serve to slow us down individually. What he represents can unsuspectingly intoxicate us and tear us apart piece by piece, destroying the very fiber of our beings and what we stand for.

That being said, it is possible to overcome him.

Your mission is as follows:

This is another thinking man's challenge. It's meant to build on the challenge put forth to you last week. Ask yourself a question: what's stopping you from being the best you you can be?

Those goals that you considered last week, why haven't you accomplished them yet? Your health goals, your fitness goals, what's holding you back from doing what you want? Are you not getting enough sleep? Are you not prioritizing exercise, or eating right? Are you not studying enough? Are you watching so much Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood that you can barely function in life (can't say I don't know how that one goes)?

What's going on in your life that you can change, just for one week, to improve your quality of life?

Find that weakness, pinpoint it, and destroy it - just for one week. One week of 8 hour rests, one week of consistent training, one week of financial management.

For example, I don't sleep enough, at all. My mission this week is to get 7.5 - 9 hours of sleep every night (that's my sweet spot).

Your reward for accomplishing this mission will be +1 WIS and +1 STA.

Your deadline is Monday, September 3rd, at 11:59PM.

Good luck, Assassins.

Your thoughts are free, let your bodies be the same.

Valar Morghulis

Damn, good one!

Also, serendipitous, as two things became clear to me today. I don't spend enough time on my real career because I'm usually wiped out from the day job. And I haven't totally cut out sugar from diet and I think that's what's impeding weight-loss progress. So I'm going to make this a double goal, and I will only award myself a half point for each (if I complete the first goal I will get +.5 WIS +.5 STA, so that only in completing both goals will I get the full point for each category.

Okay, here goes (deep breath of commitment):

1)For this week I will not consume ANY sugar. Nada, nothing, not even fruit. I kinda tried this last week and failed miserably. This will make me super vigilant about what I put in my body, because sugar is everywhere and I will probably save money because I will be eating out on the town less. Werq!

2) I will spend AT LEAST 20 minutes, every day, working on acting related stuff. That can be working a monologue, writing cover letters, combing audition listings, creating my industry contacts list, whatever.

Let's do this.

"In the silence of your bones and eyes forgotten magic sits and waits for fire." 

-Robert Montgomery

Assassin Crest

human assassin | viper jock
STA: 6.25 | STR: 6.5 | CHA: 9 | WIS: 12 | DEX: 5 | CON: 6.5

Sister's Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Fitocracy

The thing that's been holding me back recently is clutter in my room. I typically use the floor and a couple other parts of the house to work out, but there isn't enough room. So first thing tomorrow (it's really late just now) I'm puffin the book down, even if it IS good for me (I just started "the art of expressing the human body" by Bruce lee), and I'm going to uncluttered my life so that I can come at things with a clean slate. Doing this will literally free me to do the things I want to do, be they training, reading, writing, cooking, learning (or starting to learn) a new skill.

But for now I just need to unclutter my world. I'll report back at a later date.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

procrastination.jpg

My biggest enemy. I've been doing well going at the gym 3 times a week, to the climbing centre once a week and doing push-ups every days (I want it to stop though :( ) but still, procrastination is still here. The fitness part is doing good, so I will focus on my violin training. I've been playing for 3 years now and my progression is not satisfying enough for me (my teacher is satisfied though). So this week, I will play violin at least one hour a day and do nothing but that. No computer, no snacking nothing but trying to learn how to work with my violin.

In this hour of work will be included:

- Working on a scale and its arpeggio

- Working on the tricky parts of my concertino(bowing, rhythm)

- Playing the full concertino without stopping (endurance)

- Stretching, a lot (believe me or not, violin is quite wearying)

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

This required some serious thought. I'm already working hard on most of the foundations of my life to break free of a past that has been holding me back. The one thing I'm not working on right now is face to face social time. So, for this challenge, I will spend one hour per day interacting with people in a social setting. This could be playing with kids in the pool, hanging out saying hello to everyone I see at a park, or even just hanging out with neighbors shooting the breeze.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

An appropriately named challenge for me, since what's always holding me back is "I'm too tired". I have the nasty tendency of always feeling exhausted, which opens the door for me to excuse myself from getting things done. Sink full of dishes? I've had a long day, I'll do them in the morning. Friends are meeting up at karaoke? I can see them on the weekend when I have more time. I should really go to the gym? It's a long drive that I just don't want make right now. And classes four nights a week after a full day of work certainly isn't helping my case

I've started eating a healthier diet and taking vitamins hoping that it was the underlying problem of my exhaustion, but I haven't really noticed any change in my energy levels. I even tried drinking more coffee but all that did was make me jittery. And sleep isn't the culprit since I usually get 8 - 9 hours a night. I'm kind of convinced it's just my body used to being lazy and still wanting me to be lazy. I think I just need to push through it at the end of the day and think "yeah I may be tired, but I'll be going to sleep in however many hours anyway so I'll just do what I need to do and get on with it".

[TABLE=width: 445]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half Elf Assassin

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 4

Epic Quest | Half Challenge

If you don’t become the ocean, you’ll be seasick every day. - Leonard Cohen

[/TABLE]

The thing that's been holding me back recently is clutter in my room. I typically use the floor and a couple other parts of the house to work out, but there isn't enough room. So first thing tomorrow (it's really late just now) I'm puffin the book down, even if it IS good for me (I just started "the art of expressing the human body" by Bruce lee), and I'm going to uncluttered my life so that I can come at things with a clean slate. Doing this will literally free me to do the things I want to do, be they training, reading, writing, cooking, learning (or starting to learn) a new skill.

But for now I just need to unclutter my world. I'll report back at a later date.

Well it turns out that my cluttered life is a result of procrastination in this matter. Which is a result of not having the storage space to put anything. Which is a result of me not wanting to buy bookshelves or something because I'll be moving out on my own soon. Which hasn't happened yet because I'm only ever home for about 6 days a month and when I am home we have nearly ZERO internet service (don't you just love living in the country?).

I'm not really sure how to handle this one, cuz on one hand I need some place to store/organize my books/movies/games, but on the othe hand, I REALLY don't want to have MORE furniture to move. I guess my reticence comes from the fact that this is the first time in my life that I've ever had stuff. Up until now I could pack my whole life into my car and move in one trip and for some reason I am remiss to let go of this, even though I can already no longer do this.

Can any one offer advice?

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

I'm not really sure how to handle this one, cuz on one hand I need some place to store/organize my books/movies/games, but on the othe hand, I REALLY don't want to have MORE furniture to move.

What about getting started packing early. Instead of getting more furniture, get boxes and pack everything up.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

Does it count if I replay the fade portion of Dragon Age: Origins since it ends with killing a Sloth Demon? ;)

Or to be serious, what I really ought to do is sort through the three bags of clothing that are in my donate/sell/recycle box - it's overly full and is taking over my office space. I'll try to get it cleared out by the weekend (or Friday, if possible).

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

I've been doing this a little bit anyway, but this will help me get serious. I'm working on being a Productivity Ninja http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/08/13/productivity/

Every morning I'm going to write down 3 things I need to accomplish for that day and then do them.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I've been doing this a little bit anyway, but this will help me get serious. I'm working on being a Productivity Ninja http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/08/13/productivity/

Every morning I'm going to write down 3 things I need to accomplish for that day and then do them.

I like this. I will do this as well.

Love this. Doing it.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

For me, I'm just lazy. I have so much I need to finish before going to college in a month. So for this week I will hold myself to watching no more than 2 hours (and hopefully less) of TV a day. This includes streaming videos online. This should also give me a chance to read all the books I have stacked up.

Rogue Assassin

"You just have to get up one more time than life can knock you down."STR-3.5 DEX-10.25 STA-4 CON-3.5 WIS-6.25 CHA-5 

Fun. If several of us are doing it, we can easily hold each other accountable.

Maybe we should start a "Three Things I Did Today Thread" and if someone misses an update we all spam them with messages like "Y U NO DO THINGSSSS?!?!?!"

Or not.

"In the silence of your bones and eyes forgotten magic sits and waits for fire." 

-Robert Montgomery

Assassin Crest

human assassin | viper jock
STA: 6.25 | STR: 6.5 | CHA: 9 | WIS: 12 | DEX: 5 | CON: 6.5

Sister's Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Fitocracy

Maybe we should start a "Three Things I Did Today Thread" and if someone misses an update we all spam them with messages like "Y U NO DO THINGSSSS?!?!?!"

Or not.

Love it...unless of course I'm the one getting spammed.:playful:

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Or not.

DEFINITELY!

this was the goal I was going to use as well. My major weakness is time management. Not just procrastination, but also letting important things drag on longer than they need to, just generally getting distracted, or spending too little time on other tasks that require effort.

Tends to be a major ADHD problem, and i'm determined to not let it become an excuse.

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

I've recently discovered an app called 'Lift', it's all about forming new habits. I look forward to using it to overcome this challenge.

Unfortunately, I finish my lunch shift and get the lunch-time-sleepies. When I get home around 2 or 3pm, a nap sounds way better than working out. It almost always does. I'm off work Monday and the only double I work this week is Thursday. Even with my bachelorette party on Friday and allergy shots on Tuesday, I should have time to do something active every day of Week 5 except Thursday. With my fiance finally peeling himself off his computer for some exercise, I've got a workout buddy now, and that will help me build the habit stronger. Now that I know my door will support my weight, I'll attempt a pull up on it every so often until my property manager clears me for a doorway pull up bar.

I like the "3 things a day" list, but it's never just 3 things for me. Compartmentalizing to-dos is extremely difficult for me. Things pile up and I only see the pile. A few things get done, the pile doesn't get any smaller, and I shut down. Maybe 4 things a day...3 sounds so restrictive.

Just-3-Points-Shy-of-Level-4 Half-Dwarf AssassinSTR 11 / DEX 9 / STA 7 / CON 10 / WIS 10 / CHA 10http://derpnikdrawing.tumblr.com/

Unfortunately, I finish my lunch shift and get the lunch-time-sleepies. When I get home around 2 or 3pm, a nap sounds way better than working out. It almost always does. I'm off work Monday and the only double I work this week is Thursday. Even with my bachelorette party on Friday and allergy shots on Tuesday, I should have time to do something active every day of Week 5 except Thursday. With my fiance finally peeling himself off his computer for some exercise, I've got a workout buddy now, and that will help me build the habit stronger. Now that I know my door will support my weight, I'll attempt a pull up on it every so often until my property manager clears me for a doorway pull up bar.

I like the "3 things a day" list, but it's never just 3 things for me. Compartmentalizing to-dos is extremely difficult for me. Things pile up and I only see the pile. A few things get done, the pile doesn't get any smaller, and I shut down. Maybe 4 things a day...3 sounds so restrictive.

I've cheated and done 4. It helps me to prioritize. Of course, I'm not planning a wedding, though. I'm sure that makes it harder to stick to 3 things,

So, this past week my biggest struggle has been organizing and unpacking, I moved into my new apartment in mid-Aug and it's almost September and I didn't even unpack my clothes. My main mission over the course of this mini-challenge was to 1.) Eliminate material things (seriously, apparently I take that girl thing too far when it comes to clothes and shoes..) and to 2.) Unpack, Clean, Organize. The thing that has been holding me back is me... and work...but mainly me. I start to do something, say that something else is a priority and stop only to not accomplish it. For this past week, I did not start a task and leave it incomplete. Let's say "Dinner" was the task, I would prepare it, eat it, and immediately wash dishes before I started something else.

That's why at 10:30P I'm at a laundromat doing my 18 loads of laundry...

My roommate is with me and even I got him started on this type of thing.

So, I ended up completing this mini-mission goal literally as the clock ran out. Doesn't matter! I did it, yay!

~No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spunky Sprite Monk

STR: 5 ~ DEX: 5 ~ STA: 7 ~ CON: 2 ~ WIS: 4 ~ CHA: 3

"Be 1% Better Today then You Were Yesterday..."

This one kicked my @$$. I just totally lacked the drive, will power or overall desire to be badass. It wasn't a complete fail, but I put in a token effort at best. Just too much partying and stuff to do, I couldn't find the desire to workout when I had the time. I'm counting this as a total fail :(

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines