n00b here, redefining the word n00b. Srsly.

The thing I said I'd always do but have not always done on the road is exactly what Kelekona advocates. I almost always hit a grocery store during my time wherever I am, but have been slacking on this in how much I rely on that versus less optimal choices. I have no excuse, the company pays for meals... I just have to remind myself not to suck.

Side comment: in small town rural America, the grocery stores often aren't much better than the fast food. Srsly, the last one I went into had no deli section OR fruit/vegetable section. Welcome to Clarksdale, MS, where the blues reside for a reason... In any event the stuff I've learned about paleo in the last couple days will give me more direction to go in rather than simply "criminy, just don't friggin go to Applebees for 3 nights."

I've actually started doing the walking the vines thing, if for no other reason than I run social media for the vineyard and the rabid hordes of fans want to see the Chambourcin, Merlot and Petit Verdot at various stages of development. :)

Last night was the opening night for my basement renovation, the speakeasy. I drank a bit too much wine but paled in comparison to a couple friends of mine, one of whom had to be hosed off by his spouse prior to being let back into his house. So, erm, I guess the party was a success. (hint to my friend: don't mix Jager, wine, hard cider, tequila and single barrel whiskey in one evening. I know I have an awesome bar, but those ingredients equal total suckage for the next 24 hours.)

I'll be doing this on Tuesday: Grand Coulee Dam. The main site is down, so relying on teh wiki. More specifically, Imma do this Candy Point Trail hike from the 1940's, which I wouldn't have done prior to finding this site, cause it's uphill and uphill hurts and stuff. The pic is a powerful motivator, though - and who else gets to go to the Grand Coulee Dam on business?

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

- Earl Weaver

Hello, Knopfler! The Grand Coulee Dam looks amazing! I hope that you can take pictures when you are on the trail, I would love to see it! If I may offer some ideas for traveling and eating, you could try to find local farmer's markets in the towns that you are traveling to before you leave. It would give you a chance to explore the area, meet some really cool people, and get some good locally grown produce that is fresh. I don't do much traveling across state lines, but I do have a job where I don't know what city I am going to be in on any given day, so I do know what you mean about small towns in rural America being difficult to find healthy options.

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/
omit "we exercise because it's fun" out of Steve's rules, since it's not true for me.

I exercise NOW because it's fun for me - I enjoy the workout, I enjoy the sweat, I enjoy how I feel when I finish. I try to stay away from endurance cardio too many times a week but I do spin - an hour of the worst cycling ever - because I legitimately ENJOY it.

But when I started? Not even close to the case. I hated even changing into workout gear. I didn't enjoy it - it made me angry and frustrated and sad. There were days and weeks and months that I spent crying before AND after my workout. It was the worst.

But, you know what...? It got exponentially easier and now I love it. I feel fantastic pretty much every day. I still struggle - with the gym, learning new things, feeling somewhat conscious, and definitely struggle with my eating habits. Lots of people do - but it WILL get better. It always does.

Chin up!

Letting go is the hardest asana. 

Instagram: WholeBodySwoleHeart

Hello, Knopfler! The Grand Coulee Dam looks amazing! I hope that you can take pictures when you are on the trail, I would love to see it! If I may offer some ideas for traveling and eating, you could try to find local farmer's markets in the towns that you are traveling to before you leave. It would give you a chance to explore the area, meet some really cool people, and get some good locally grown produce that is fresh. I don't do much traveling across state lines, but I do have a job where I don't know what city I am going to be in on any given day, so I do know what you mean about small towns in rural America being difficult to find healthy options.

Oh, you will. BTW the Nerd second mission as emailed out to me today was: "Today, your mission is to start forming your support group." 42 comment FB trail attached. Let's rawk this out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5277[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5278[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5277[/ATTACH]

post-9512-1356724481415_thumb.jpg

post-9512-135672448144_thumb.jpg

- Earl Weaver

I feel like a support system makes a huge, huge difference. It's only human to get discouraged sometimes, or to feel like we're not making the progress we want to, or just to lose perspective. At those times a group of people to cheer you on and remind you of how far you've come can be one of your biggest assets.

I feel like a support system makes a huge, huge difference. It's only human to get discouraged sometimes, or to feel like we're not making the progress we want to, or just to lose perspective. At those times a group of people to cheer you on and remind you of how far you've come can be one of your biggest assets.

Totally agree. I am blessed to have a ginormous support system for anything I choose to do that doesn't involve copulating with a donkey. I just need to not be so afraid to use it here.

The support group, not the donkey. You dirty people.

:)

- Earl Weaver