Addicted

Addicted to video games .... is any one else having this problem?

PS i am being serious

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | CON: 4 | STA: 1 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

We walk in the dark places no others will enter.

We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

First Challenge

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17992-Shagy-s-Pull-head-out-of-_______

Yeah. MMO's can be deadly. I read an article on the psychological effects that keep people hooked on MMO's. If I understood correctly, it was something along the lines that players felt needed by fellow players, and they felt obligated to keep playing for the well-being of their guild.

If it's starting to become a problem (and it became a problem for me), I would say look for a community outside of your MMO. NerdFitness is a good example.

Conquius, Level 5 Cavalier

STR: 10.5  | DEX: 8  | CON: 12  | INT: 13  | WIS: 9  | CHA: 10.5

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."

That psychological issue is exactly my problem. I am lucky to have found this group but it is still hard. heck got text about one of the wars and they were like we need more people . i was really upset that i was letting them down.. even though in my head i was like it is just a game.

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

First Challenge

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17992-Shagy-s-Pull-head-out-of-_______

no larp here . i want to do the sca but havent got the money to drive. and you want a work out suit up in armor and use rattan instead of foam... I love it it is just no money for the drive.

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

First Challenge

You just have to realize that none of it is real man. I know your struggle I was in the same position. Raid leader, #3 healer on server, top 5 server progression guild, etc etc etc. Then one day I realized I was a sloth, that my whole life revolved around gathering mats for the guild and our raids, studying battle techniques, and making sure everyone knew when the next raid was. What kind of life is that man? Now I do weight lifting competitions, I help train friends and family, I travel, I work a real job, I eat like a man should, I go to clubs every once and awhile and dance will good looking strangers, I DO THINGS.

Being good at real life is 100% MORE satisfying, I promise. But just like any MMO you will need to level grind. Spend countless hours getting good at real life and then enjoying the end game material.

Warrior LVL 3

STR: 16.75 DEX: 4 STA: 4 CON: 2 WIS: 8 CHA: 3

Current Challenge: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17857-Trad-s-Don-t-drop-that-dun-dun-dun

Current Maxes (lbs):

Spoiler

Squat: 380

Front Squat: 300

Bench: 265

Overhead Press: 155

Deadlift: 455

Clean & Jerk: 225

Snatch: 155

I am not addicted to video games for just one reason: I don't own them.

Some people are just more susceptible to addiction than others. I have wasted more time than I care to consider on "free" games, but nowadays I value my life enough to say "no." They may not charge money, but they charge time, which is not replaceable. If you added up all the hours you spend on video games, you could earn extra income, write a novel, learn a new language, master a musical instrument, read a stack of books, or even get a degree. And instead of all that, you're going to sit in front of a screen pushing buttons? Puh-leeze.

If you can afford it, go see a counselor. In the meantime, you should install a timed blocker program on your computer. If that doesn't do the job, then cancel your home Internet service (and if you own any gaming platforms, get rid of them). That should clear up the problem.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.