Are there any Christian nerds in here.

All good, Tank - to be honest, until Terah brought up her interpretation (which I subsequently did see when I looked carefully), I'd just assumed you meant you could kinda see the phoenix in addition to the intended subject. ;)

• Like 1

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18 

Christian Nerd here! Hi guys!! I need prayer right now, my husband and I are struggling to get bills paid. Both of our cars are not working so he doesn't have any way to get to work. I am currently working at home, starting up my own business. But it's really slow getting it off the ground and I feel like I should give it up and find a job withing walking distance of us. My husband says that he's felt God calling me to keep going with my business though....

On one hand I don't want to fight with God, on the other I am really stressed and scared right now. I just want some business quick so I can help out with paying the bills. :(

My business is custom artwork and calligraphy in case you're wondering.

• Like 3

If you and your husband both feel like this is God's calling for you, then stick with it.  Don't worry about the bills.  Remember the instructions to the disciples,  Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?  Mathew 6;26.   Trust in God no matter how stressful it becomes.  And know that it may still get more stressful, because when God needs to send a message that He is the only way to accomplish something; he makes sure that He is the ONLY way.  

Praying that God keeps your bills paid and makes it easy to trust. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

2 hours ago, ladylydia said:

Prayers for my Aunt please, my after several botched brain surgeries and severe complications; my Uncle is being taken off life support tomorrow. 

I'm so sorry, Lydia ... I pray that God would comfort your family and be very close to you during these next days and weeks. May your uncle's memory be a blessing to all who knew him.  <3

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Hey guys! I'm back and ready to get on finishing the goals I have always wanted to complete. I need some prayer though. Currently struggling with mental issues that are really preventing me from pushing through in order to be consistent. Feel free to pry. We're all brothers and sisters in Christ.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ba'sini'on said:

Hey guys! I'm back and ready to get on finishing the goals I have always wanted to complete. I need some prayer though. Currently struggling with mental issues that are really preventing me from pushing through in order to be consistent. Feel free to pry. We're all brothers and sisters in Christ.

Welcome back!! I'm so glad you came back to find support here! If you would like to share more about your mental health issues, please feel free to do so - I pray that you are receiving the support that you need and that you would be feeling better very soon.

• Thanks 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

I'm a functioning schizophrenic, and I still suffer from depression. I've actually become a lot better, thanks to the Lord. I used to have severe anxiety, bad PTSD, and multiple personalities (they helped me cope with the stress). I've accepted that being schizophrenic will be a part of my life, and it's no longer ruling over me. However the depression is still a struggle. It keeps me from getting things done because I only feel like staying in bed crying. I don't see a therapist, or take any medication. What's been helping me get better is getting through the mental problems with prayer and meditation. I also have a SUPER husband who has the patience of a saint! And he really keeps me firmly on the ground.

2 hours ago, Ba'sini'on said:

I'm a functioning schizophrenic, and I still suffer from depression. I've actually become a lot better, thanks to the Lord. I used to have severe anxiety, bad PTSD, and multiple personalities (they helped me cope with the stress). I've accepted that being schizophrenic will be a part of my life, and it's no longer ruling over me. However the depression is still a struggle. It keeps me from getting things done because I only feel like staying in bed crying. I don't see a therapist, or take any medication. What's been helping me get better is getting through the mental problems with prayer and meditation. I also have a SUPER husband who has the patience of a saint! And he really keeps me firmly on the ground.

Dude, that is a huge amount of pressure - you are incredibly courageous!! I'm so glad your meditation and prayers are helping you master your symptoms and that your husband is helping you - I have to add the obligatory "please make sure you see a doctor if your symptoms worsen, because as you know far better than I do, schizophrenia is nothing to mess around with"; but I'm seriously glad that you are feeling better and that you're back in our ranks. The Rebellion needs your courage!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

On 12/11/2017 at 1:09 PM, Ba'sini'on said:

Hey there, another Christian nerd here. I'm so glad you are doing better, but I will pray for you to continue to see improvements. It sounds like you are battling this hard. God has your back and does not want you to suffer. Hang on!

• Like 1

I am a Christian nerd. However, I suffer from being alone and no one is actually helping me in my Christian life. Every time I try to find help with my Christian life, they don't help me.  I feel like I am slipping into the darkness more because I don't get the help I need from other church members and keep me accountable in my Christian life. Accountability has been dead for a long time now. Aren't Christians suppose to "carry each others burdens" and "sharpen one another"? I know that God is with me and I know that He's here. It doesn't feel that He's close by me all the time with the problems I have. It is so hard for me to come and contact God.

My classmates bullied me when I was in my childhood. That's why I have no friends around me to comfort me. That's why I keep my guard up because I don't want anyone else to hurt my feelings.

I suffer from bipolar disorder, which doesn't make it any better. My only help is going through individual therapy, which I am trying to keep that so I won't get even more upset. With my classmates hurt me in the past and people don't want to help me, those make it harder for me to live a good life without suffering my symptom even more. 

• Sad 1

Call me DJ, for short.

17 hours ago, ladylydia said:

Do you have a fellowship group or Bible studies available at your church?  I was going through loneliness myself a while ago, but I got more involved in my church and it helped quite a bit. 

They have neither Bible studies nor fellowship groups at my current church.  That's one of the things that I am missing in my life.

Call me DJ, for short.

13 hours ago, DJDragonflame said:

They have neither Bible studies nor fellowship groups at my current church.  That's one of the things that I am missing in my life.

Don't be afraid to try other churches.   Church is designed to support the believer, not the other way around.  If your church doesn't fulfill your spiritual needs, go to another one.

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

21 hours ago, ladylydia said:

Don't be afraid to try other churches.   Church is designed to support the believer, not the other way around.  If your church doesn't fulfill your spiritual needs, go to another one.

I believe you from the bold text. After tomorrow, my mom and I are going to find a church. I don't feel the love and support of the church.

Call me DJ, for short.

Guys I could you some prayers.  I opened my own law office at the beginning of the year, and it hasn't taken off as quickly as I anticipated.  If I don't get two new clients this week, I'm not going to make rent.  I am trying very hard not to freak out, because I felt God leading me to opening the firm in the first place,  so I know everything is in His hands; but it's getting a little hard to hold the worry at bay.

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

29 minutes ago, ladylydia said:

Guys I could you some prayers.  I opened my own law office at the beginning of the year, and it hasn't taken off as quickly as I anticipated.  If I don't get two new clients this week, I'm not going to make rent.  I am trying very hard not to freak out, because I felt God leading me to opening the firm in the first place,  so I know everything is in His hands; but it's getting a little hard to hold the worry at bay.

praying that God will supply you your needs , and with peace

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27