Are there any Christian nerds in here.

what bands do you guys listen to?

I love Andrew Peterson. Excellent songwriting. His "Behold the Lamb of God" Christmas concert is fantastic. Beautiful music telling the story of Christ's birth starting from creation. But all of his albums are great.

Also, Waterdeep, Josh Garrells, Sandra McCracken. I like old hymns set to new music by Sojourn Music and Indelible Grace.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Interestingly enough, I actually grew up Catholic and was baptized as a baby. I did my first Holy Communion ceremony around age 8, and did catechism thorugh age 15, when it came time for Confirmation classes. I had a bit of a spiritual epiphany and decided I wasn't Catholic anymore, and told my mom I wasn't getting confirmed. It has been a bit of a winding journey since then, but I'm now ready to make that outward sign of committment of my own accord and so I am being baptized again.

My best friend was Catholic and then he married a young lady who was Baptist. When they decided to have kids, they felt they both needed to be the same religion. After spending a couple month praying about it, he felt that he was called to become Baptist. He parents, who are still Catholic, didn't speak to him or his wife for 6 months. If it hadn't been for the birth of his son, who knows how long they wouldn't have spoken. :\

I tend towards the heavier side of the rock platform, so I enjoy Skillet (Monster and Hero are awesome), Pillar, Thousand Foot Krutch, Flyleaf, etc. I used to have a play list on youtube that I listened to that contained a lot of Christian rock videos. Tis a shame that I can't listed to it at work any more. Silly Government Interwebz.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

Born, baptized, confirmed, and still LCMS Lutheran...

PH - so what is your take on Ephesians 4:5, regarding one baptism? Reason for asking is that I know that some denominations will accept infant baptism, while others don't...

On a separate note, how do you like RC? (I was stationed there from '97-'02)

Ephesians 4:5 "one Lord, one faith, one baptism" (NIV).... My take would be, when I was an infant, I didn't have any faith to speak of, so now that I do have that faith, I am making the decision to be baptized. I know that many denoms still do baptisms for babies, and mostly they do something akin to confirmation when someone is old enough to decide their faith. For me, until I was 15/16, I wasn't living a faith, I was living religion because my parents wanted me to. I didn't hate it or anything, I just felt called in a different direction, which includes being baptized again :)

RC is certainly different! I'm from California originally, so the winter's are way too harsh for my liking. The area right around base is kind blah, but the downtown in Rapid is nice and I've been ejoying getting out to places like Spearfish Canyon and Harney Peak and such. I long to be in a big city again though, I never thought I'd miss Los Angeles, but I do now haha.

Yeah, RC is neither "rapid" (pace) nor a "city", but I enjoyed my time there and would love to get back there sometime. I especially miss Firehouse, Wine Cellar 507, the classic movie nights at the Elks Theater, and Sturgis.

Race: Human / Level: 1 / Current Class: Adventurer / Goal Class: Ranger

STR: 2.5 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3.5 / CON: 3.5 / WIS: 4 / CHA: 4.5

My Background / Facebook / GoodReads / Flickr / Fitbit

~ Take Care, Live Life, and Pray Hard ~

"Our lives are different to anybody else's. That's the exciting thing, that nobody in the universe can do what we're doing."

- Patrick Troughton (Doctor #2)

To name a few, I like TFK, Skillet, Fireflight, Flyleaf, Project 86, Chris Tomlin, Five Blind Boys of Alabama, Kari Jobe, Shane and Shane, Casting Crowns and old country legends like George Jones and Johnny Cash singing old hyms. I also like a lot of gospel and southern gospel as well. Really just depends on my mood and what I am doing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lvl 1 Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 4 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 1

Challenge 1

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body"

Sir Richard Steele

I love alot of music i have found i do like alot of the Christian rap and rock

my favorite song right now.

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | CON: 4 | STA: 1 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

We walk in the dark places no others will enter.

We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

First Challenge

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17992-Shagy-s-Pull-head-out-of-_______

I like the fact that this thread exists, and not one person has been negative. I don't know another site on the internet that could do that.

I'm Baptist, by the way.

• Like 1

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

I like the fact that this thread exists, and not one person has been negative. I don't know another site on the internet that could do that.

I'm Baptist, by the way.

That is what i love about here. Hate stays at the door. All you see 99% of the time is people helping others.

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

First Challenge

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17992-Shagy-s-Pull-head-out-of-_______

favorite rap one

Great song, great message. Just got dropped on my workout mix.

That is what i love about here. Hate stays at the door. All you see 99% of the time is people helping others.

I agrea. I haven't been here long but I see that all over these forums. The motivation I have recieved from this community makes me feel like I can accomplish anything. I thank everyone who is a part of this community for everything they have done for me and for others. Keep this up and we will be unstoppable

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lvl 1 Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 4 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 1

Challenge 1

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body"

Sir Richard Steele

Born, baptized and have remained a Catholic all my life. I had the experience of attending an all boys boarding school run by Benedictine monks in the middle of Arkansas (Subiaco, if anyone knows where it is). I learned that God does not depend on humans, but humans depend on God. I am definitely a Christian nerd!

For anyone who is looking for somewhere to start reading the Bible, I would suggest reading the psalms which are the same number as the day of the month, and every 30th after (e.g. on the 2nd, read 2, 32, 62, 92, and 122 - plan for some time when you hit 119, it's long), five each day, and the chapter of Proverbs which corresponds to the day of the month. On 31st days, pick some short book you have not read much (e.g. Tobit, James, I Timothy) and read it. A year of this will give you a lot of insight.

Level 8 Human Druid

STR 10 DEX 8.5 STA 11 CON 11 WIS 11 CHA 12

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not Eureka! (I found it!) but rather, 'hmm... that's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

I am in that point of my life i am trying to break away from the shell of my self i have been for so many years. I got to the point i was lazy and allowed my self to fail at every thing . i am trying to move past it but the old habits keep sneaking in ninja style and the next thing i know i screwed up again. I am in a fight for my self and a fight to be a man of god. it is hard temptation gets in the way. i may end up screwing up my school because i keep messing up. i have realized i get worse every time i stop making time for god. Honestly my whole house suffers with me cause as i fall again the mood of the house changes. and it affects every one.I keep trying to do everything my self because i dont know any other way. i understand what i have to do but i dont know how to do it. i also feel like i am being called to be a pastor but how can i do that if i cant even keep my self strait. I hate my own weakness. i know i cant do it alone but i also dont know how to let go of control. . im sorry if this confession bothers any one i just have it all pent up and needed to get it out. I feel like i am a failure i have the most powerful person in the universe on my side and i still fail. I am just lost.. It is sad i am a 270lb man that is about to cry at school ... I am tired of being broken ...

PS sorry for block o text

• Sad 1

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

First Challenge

I feel drained by it . it is almost a neve ending fight and i am just broke down..\

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

First Challenge

Shagy: It is so hard sometimes. We look at ourselves and see all our failures and faults. But you know what-God doesn't look at you that way at all He loves you, and He has promised He will keep working in your life, and making you more like Him. You won't fail because He won't let you, His love will keep changing you. That doesn't mean you won't slip or fall into sin, it just means that He will keep calling you back and working on you, like a potter keeps working on his clay until it is complete.

I am a mom. The day I learned I was pregnant I loved my son. The moment he was born I loved him totally and completely. He had done nothing except cry for food. He was a helpless infant He had done absolutely nothing to earn my love. But because he was my son I loved him. God says we are his sons and daughters. And if I felt like that toward my son, imagine God's love for us. He loves us not because of what we've done, but because we are His.

Soemtimes I look at myself at almost 50 and think "wow, I should really have it together by now" Instead I find myself still struggling with selfishness, anxiety, and laziness, to just hit the tip of the iceberg. And I feel like surely God is done with me. But He is faithful, He has worked many changes in me and continues to grow me in Him.

As far as you being a pastor, Paul was far from perfect. God doesn't want perfect people. He wants people who love Him and are willing to be used by him. I've had pastors who present a perfect face and pastors who are humble and admit that they too have struggles. It is the one's who admit that they too have struggled that I learned the most from.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Shagy:

"The life of the Christian is a constant struggle against self. There is no flowering of the soul except by pain." -St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina

also, if you're as goofy as I, the line from Finding Nemo: "Just keep swimming." is a good reminder.

another thing, temptations and old habits connected with them are like potholes when you're riding a bike. If you look at them, you're gonna hit them. You gotta keep your eyes up and where they belong, i.e. on Christ.

P.S.-- MadScientist, you aren't the only proud Catholic around here, brother!

AMDG

Level 1 Dwarf Assassin

STR: 3 | DEX: 1 | CON: 3 | STA: 1 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 4

"You were not made for comfort, you were made for greatness." -Pope Benedict XVI

I am in that point of my life i am trying to break away from the shell of my self i have been for so many years. I got to the point i was lazy and allowed my self to fail at every thing . i am trying to move past it but the old habits keep sneaking in ninja style and the next thing i know i screwed up again. I am in a fight for my self and a fight to be a man of god. it is hard temptation gets in the way. i may end up screwing up my school because i keep messing up. i have realized i get worse every time i stop making time for god. Honestly my whole house suffers with me cause as i fall again the mood of the house changes. and it affects every one.I keep trying to do everything my self because i dont know any other way. i understand what i have to do but i dont know how to do it. i also feel like i am being called to be a pastor but how can i do that if i cant even keep my self strait. I hate my own weakness. i know i cant do it alone but i also dont know how to let go of control. . im sorry if this confession bothers any one i just have it all pent up and needed to get it out. I feel like i am a failure i have the most powerful person in the universe on my side and i still fail. I am just lost.. It is sad i am a 270lb man that is about to cry at school ... I am tired of being broken ...

PS sorry for block o text

Shagy, I hope and pray that you are getting victory over the things you mentioned. Here some of things I have gleaned over the years ...

First of all, the fact that you're tired with the status quo is a GOOD thing. Someone once told me that in the Christian life there is no such thing as being stagnant. You are either moving forward or backward. So since you're trying to change your life/habits and improve shows forward movement. Believe it or not, with that alone you've already won half the battle.

Secondly, we all mess up. Every day. Usually several times a day. Whether or not you're called to be a pastor has nothing to do with it. Good grief, I'm the Assistant Pastor at our church and sometimes by the end of the day I can't count how many times I goofed things up. That's where the grace of God comes in. Then you gotta pick yourself up (again) dust yourself off (again) and move on.

Third, being called to the ministry is a big deal. Satan doesn't want you to succeed and follow through with that calling, so he's going to attack you that much harder than the "average" person. Not because you're more special than them, but because God has given you more responsibility.

Lastly, you said, "I am tired of being broken." This may seem backward, but getting broken is a GOOD thing. God uses those He breaks. Look at the great men of the Bible. Peter denied Christ three times and became broken about it. Later in the book of Acts we see him preaching a fantastic message and a TON of people are converted. Paul was broken about his own sinfulness ... he called himself the chief of sinners (paraphrased). Moses was a murderer and stuttered, yet God used Him to free the children of Israel.

The point is this: God will allow you to become broken so that He can rebuild you into someone He can use. It doesn't always make sense. Look - I lost my father when was a baby. It was a tragedy for my family. I never knew him. He was saved, so I know I WILL see him though. Anyway, that was hard to deal with. I became broken about it. God built me back from that and because of that experience, God has been able to use me on occasion to help others that are hurting.

Stay in the Word. Stay on your knees. Continue to trust God. Move forward with your life and continue trying to do great things for Him.

I hope this helps.

In Him,

undeadmonk3y

Level 1 Monk

| Str 3 Dex 2 Sta 2 | Con 2 | Wis 4 Cha 2 |