Are there any Christian nerds in here.

Hi Guys, 

I just started posting in the forums. Fellow Christian Nerd here. I was raised non-denom charismatic, became Catholic a little over a year ago.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys. 

• Like 1

Simon Templar

Race: Human | Class: Intending to go for Ranger

Level: 0    Str: 0 | Dex: 0 | Sta: 0 | Con: 0 | Wis: 0 | Cha: 0

Starting Weight: 366 lbs | Goal Weight: 240 lbs | Current Weight: 338 lbs

21%
21%

I check in here once in a while. ..but there are many that have not put themselves here, but share thier faith on my thread or fb. Some of my most loyal supporters of my faith, though, are those that do not share it. It's a respect thing, and like every thing here at nf, we respect each other where they are at! I think that's how Jesus was/is...unless you are a leader being a whited sepulcher! Lol!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

I'm a proud Christian, and feel empty when I don't fill myself up with the wisdom of the Lord.  Never fails to be there for me whenever I feel weak. But I'd give you an entire blurb on where I stand on religion and what god has done for me.. but it's almost midnight and way past my bedtime.

So this will do in the meantime, check it out!

Mary did you know

• Like 1

Zendikara

Level 1

Night Elf Adventurer

STR  2 ||  DEX  1 ||  STA 1 || CON 1 ||WIS 9 || CHA 3

Between Heaven and Hell

Nerfiwrich challenge

Previous Challenges =11/10/14

Goal: Pay off Visa

12%
12%

Hey hey everyone, I just found this thread (I should really explore the other threads more often) and I wanted to let everyone know that a Catholic Nerd has joined the thread :P

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

15 pages.  Lots of people.  A few names I recognize.

On a site dedicated to wellness and fitness, not one mention of 1 Timothy 4:8.

8 For bodily exercise profiteth little : but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is tocome .

8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. 

To pursue physical health or physical greatness, what is it you have to do?  When you pursue physical health and you make a gain, (wee little profit) what do you do?  Do you tell everybody in sight what you just gained?  Whether they will listen or not?

Do you do a Psalms 98:4?

4 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise , and rejoice , and singpraise.

Like - WOOHOO!  RAWR!  Whoop!  Whoop!  WHOOP!

When I leave work on the way to the gym, I might feel lousy like I am just coming off the bottom of a mid-afternoon energy crash.  I'm tired.  I don't really feel like going.  I know I will feel better once I hit the gym, but I don't believe it at the time.  It is a faith thing.  Once I get past those squats, I will start feeling better and when I get done I will feel good.

So how do we pursue spiritual health and spiritual greatness?  Are there analogies to physical health and physical greatness?

Pursuing physical health and physical greatness requires that you eat right.  It is an unfortunate fact, one that I have been trying to get around for years.  :(  At NF they say you can't outrun your fork.

Pursuing physical greatness involves a single-minded obsession with physical greatness.

I was told physical health was like a four-legged stool:  Proper diet, stretching, cardiovascular training, and strength training.  I find it very difficult to keep everything in order and I struggle.

Look around your church.  What do you see?

Short piece.  It is a little late at night.  Checking in.  I might talk about where I struggle at a later time.  Nice to see some names I recognize.

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Heyo! Another follower of Christ here. I think I might even have an old post in this same thread buried waay back circa 2012, but I can't remember posting, and it was so long ago that I'll just post again.

On a site dedicated to wellness and fitness, not one mention of 1 Timothy 4:8.

To pursue physical health or physical greatness, what is it you have to do?  When you pursue physical health and you make a gain, (wee little profit) what do you do?  Do you tell everybody in sight what you just gained?  Whether they will listen or not?

Do you do a Psalms 98:4?

This is an excellent point, Sam. Physical fitness is a fine thing and all, but it must--like all things--be subordinate to spiritual fitness. I'd even go so far as to say that our physical conditioning is irrelevant if it's not folded into the pursuit of godliness.

I know that the "body as temple" concept from 1 Cor. 6:19-20 gets thrown around a lot when it comes to physical fitness (please don't tell me I'm not the only one who hears it repeated aaaallllll the time), but for us Christians, I think it's pretty key, especially since it ends with "therefore honor God with your bodies." Seems pretty clearly implied to me that if the ultimate goal of maintaining or improving our "temples" is not to keep a fit place for the Spirit to dwell...well, our priorities need an adjustment.

Just throwing out some scattered thoughts.

They are not Christian...but amazing artists!

Fun fact: Kevin, the cellist and beatboxer of PTX, is a staunch Christian.  :smile-new:

• Like 1

Just a thought I'd like to leave here:

I feel as though a lot of the psychological benefits that recent studies are revealing of exercise are gifts from God; I think there's something really holy about the ability to better your mind with your own body.  I'm trying to make my running a more spiritual activity, and I try to keep that in mind when I run.  I don't have a full-on theology of exercise, but it's something on my mind a lot.

• Like 3

PR's

5k - 21:29

10k - 47:26 43:29

21.1 - 2:05:26 1:44:21