Any Cosplayers Out There?

Kay. So, I absolutely love anime and manga (as well as drawing it), and I've decided that for my second convention I'm going to do a -gasp!- actual cosplay. So, I was either going as Rena from .Hack or Rena from "Higurashi: When They Cry". It'll be in March of next year, and if anyone has seen Rena from .Hack, she's pretty tiny, if not toned. This gives me a goal! I want to be able to cosplay as Rena from .Hack/ "Higurashi: When They Cry". Which would also mean changing my diet specifically. So guys, any cosplay or anime convention stories? (Sorry about getting all of topic!)

I heard that when things were painful for her, she’d cover her ears with headphones and escape to the world of music. I tried it too. It was like everything was blown away. The vocals screamed for me. They grieved for me. The ones who put on the act of common sense were wrong. Those who cried were right. We, the lonely were more human. They screamed at the absurd, beat it down, and destroyed it. They saved me.Iwasawa Masami (Angel Beats!) 

Race: OtakuClass: AssassinWeight: 129-Ish lbs.Theme Song: I'm ALIVE! -BeccaSTR: 2DEX: 3STA: 2CON: 3WIS: 4CHA: 3

I'm not too into manga or anime, but I've been told that if I grow my hair out a bit longer that I could be a dead-ringer for the Eleventh Doctor. I have the screwdriver, so now I'm just looking for a good excuse to buy a tweed jacket and some suspenders.

Conquius, Level 5 Cavalier

STR: 10.5  | DEX: 8  | CON: 12  | INT: 13  | WIS: 9  | CHA: 10.5

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."

I went to one last month and it was so much fun, I am already looking forward to next year. It was great to see everyone dressing up, and even saw a full mental movie and can I just say, you haven't seen a movie until you seen one at a con

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Here is my Cosplay profile. I had a more updated profile on CosplayConnection but the site is down for maintenance :( (I really want to make a new Cosplay.com profile with a new name and hide my shameful early cosplays... Yeesh.) Also my under-loved cosplay blog...

With Hinoto I really stepped up my game, so I'm looking to try a complex Granado Espada or Guild Wars 2 cosplay...

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

My friend wants me to get into it. I've decided that, if I can decently pull it off by the time it comes around, I will go with him to a convention next year dressed up as Azrael from the upcoming BlazBlue game.

Race: Human

Class: Warrior

CAUTION: I am quite prone to random, strange ideas I feel the need to express. You are free to act upon them as you wish. The best option is probably simply ignoring them and just working with what I say that actually has any merit of some kind. Hopefully fair warning.

One of my eventual NerdFitness goals is to be Kenshiro at a con, as well as going as Goku with my friend Kyle as Vegeta (he's a foot shorter than me, amateur bodybuilder and has a pronounced widow's peak). It's destiny.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I've been cosplaying for five years. I mostly attend all sorts of cons in the northeast and Baltimore/D.C. area, and then Dragon*Con every year. I just got back from that last night.

My ACP Profile is here. Dragon*Con pictures coming soon.

Super jelly, wish I could have gone. Your cosplays are great!

My friend wants me to get into it. I've decided that, if I can decently pull it off by the time it comes around, I will go with him to a convention next year dressed up as Azrael from the upcoming BlazBlue game.

Sweet character, dem abs!

One of my eventual NerdFitness goals is to be Kenshiro at a con, as well as going as Goku with my friend Kyle as Vegeta (he's a foot shorter than me, amateur bodybuilder and has a pronounced widow's peak). It's destiny.

Kenshiro, what a bamf lol. This needs to happen.

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Sweet character, dem abs!

I think "dem lats" even more so! :tongue:

Looks like I'll need to do a bunch of pullups...

Race: Human

Class: Warrior

CAUTION: I am quite prone to random, strange ideas I feel the need to express. You are free to act upon them as you wish. The best option is probably simply ignoring them and just working with what I say that actually has any merit of some kind. Hopefully fair warning.

I just thought I'd pop into this thread and say that I'm a total wanna-be cosplayer. I dunno... I feel too old to really get out there and do it, but it totally would have been something I would have loved TOO DEATH in my 20s. I completely love costumes & costuming. I'm half tempted to work on a Catelyn Stark costume sometime just for the fun of it.

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

I've always loved the idea and check on galleries all the time, just never had the time, money, or ability to travel to cons. Still don't have the time. I'd love to try my hand at some point though and think I would enjoy it. I really like crafts and could probably put together some legit costumes (wife and her best friend call me Corey Stewart). I'd probably do something classic like Wolverine first, but would love to branch out into some of the more complicated stuff like FF7 characers. I also find Steampunk really interesting and I think if I ever did get into making costumes, that'd be the direction I really get pulled in.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I'm usually at NYCC and Animenex. I've gone as Kenshin Himura from Rurounii Kenshin, Jin-E from Rurounii Kenshin, Superboy-Prime from the DC universe, and Sloth from Full Metal Alchemist. Not sure who I'm going as this year.

Rurounii
Level 5 Half Elf/Half Saiyan Ranger
STR: 12 DEX: 5 STA: 20 CON: 11 WIS: 12 CHA: 7.5
Current Challenge: Challenge 4: Back on Track to Super Saiyan!

I just thought I'd pop into this thread and say that I'm a total wanna-be cosplayer. I dunno... I feel too old to really get out there and do it, but it totally would have been something I would have loved TOO DEATH in my 20s. I completely love costumes & costuming. I'm half tempted to work on a Catelyn Stark costume sometime just for the fun of it.

-jj

You're never too old to do costuming! There are definitely characters out there that work for fans older than 30. I'm 29 and I still cosplay as anime characters in their teens. In the costuming guild chapter I'm in I'm one of the youngest members. There's lots you can do with historical, steampunk, fantasy, and lots for recreation. Catelyn would be awesome. Even though my brother and I are more than a decade older than them, I want to make Robb and Sansa costumes for us.

I've done a grand total of two cosplays so far.

A few years ago, I did Ezio from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for Video Games Live when it came to Seattle. I'm really proud of that build. I would have won the costume contest, but there were two adorable children dressed up as Mario and Princess Peach. I could not repel cuteness of that magnitude...

This year, I took on my most ambitious costume, a demon hunter from Diablo III for PAX Prime. I was only able to wear the costume for about three hours before it started to explode. I need to work on how to get things to attach to each other so they don't come apart. Evidently, hot glue doesn't do well when worn...

I've decided that for PAX Prime next year, I'm going to go as Monkey from Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. This has given me a goal to get into good enough shape to be him, which I figure the awesome people here can help with. Also, I want to try some different crafting techniques for his armor, like looking at plastic coated foam. I've read about it, but I'm interested in trying it.

"Whether or not you can never become great at something, you can always become better at it." -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

"I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine." - Neil Armostrong

Current ChallengeCrossFit Open Profile

just a though i have picted up thermal plastics for free before. you heat them and can shape them to what ever you want. it will have more off the feel of armor

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | CON: 4 | STA: 1 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

We walk in the dark places no others will enter.

We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

First Challenge

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17992-Shagy-s-Pull-head-out-of-_______

just a though i have picted up thermal plastics for free before. you heat them and can shape them to what ever you want. it will have more off the feel of armor

I was looking at plastics like that. Where were you able to find them?

"Whether or not you can never become great at something, you can always become better at it." -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

"I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine." - Neil Armostrong

Current ChallengeCrossFit Open Profile

i got it from some one in the sca it is light but it also can take a beating if ya make someones mad. you just have to look around ,

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | CON: 4 | STA: 1 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

We walk in the dark places no others will enter.

We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

First Challenge

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17992-Shagy-s-Pull-head-out-of-_______

You're never too old to do costuming! There are definitely characters out there that work for fans older than 30. I'm 29 and I still cosplay as anime characters in their teens. In the costuming guild chapter I'm in I'm one of the youngest members. There's lots you can do with historical, steampunk, fantasy, and lots for recreation. Catelyn would be awesome. Even though my brother and I are more than a decade older than them, I want to make Robb and Sansa costumes for us.

I know, but when I was in my 20s I had fewer commitments and other interests and I would get OBESESSED with doing costumes for stuff... I could work for 12 hours straight on a ren faire costume for instance... I'd spend more time on the costume than I'd spend at faire Now I just have a lot of other things going on, I wasn't involved in any fitness activities then, and I didn't have a kid or a husband. I think it might also be more fun if I found a few cosplayers more my age in my area. (Which shouldn't actually be insurmountable since I live in LA.)

All that being said... my son wants to be Aang from Avatar for Halloween, and I think I'm going to make myself a big, ridiculous Appa hoodie to take him trick or treating. :-)

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie.