What's YOUR Fandom?

We all have at least one. If you're on Tumblr, you probably have several.

Just to clarify, my definition of a Fandom is a movie, TV show, book, or a series of any sort that you're a fan of past a healthy point.

For example, my fandoms are Avatar The Last Airbender (and of course LoK) and Doctor Who.

EDIT: Oh dear God how could I forget Pokemon

Conquius, Level 5 Cavalier

STR: 10.5  | DEX: 8  | CON: 12  | INT: 13  | WIS: 9  | CHA: 10.5

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."

Pokemon without a doubt, since I started liking Pokemon (maybe aged 5 or 6) I have no memory of ever no liking Pokemon and I am now 19

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

My primary fandom is Whedon:

BtVS, Firefly, Dollhouse, Cabin in the Woods, The Avengers. (Not so much Angel, though.)

Harry Potter, Douglas Adams, Sandman, and Tanky round me out.

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

Assassin's Creed, Harry Potter, Assassin's Creed, Rise Against, Assassin's Creed, V for Vendetta and last but definitely not least - Assassin's Creed.

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

Hmm....my unhealthy fandoms (definition: things that can and do induce spontaneous screaming, giggling, speechlessness, and/or painfully grabbing the arms of whoever is nearby upon mere mention) definitely include Firefly/Whedon, Tabletop on Geek&Sundry, Star Trek/Star Wars (though a l'il more toward Trek), Dresden Files, Grimm, anything with Keanu Reeves or Joseph Gordon-Levitt (who can do no wrong in my eyes), the first season of Heroes, and Travis Wall's choreography. Oh, and Community. And Harry Potter.

While I do have the more common Doctor Who, Hell on Wheels and Firefly fandom. I am also a major fan of certain people, namely Johnny Depp (wonderful actor and occasionally nice to look at too), Bruce Campbell (Best B-movie actor ever) and Tim Burton (love his art styles).

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Life-time love for Mystery Science Theater 3000. Completely shaped my sense of humor, and I'm so glad there's Cinematic Titanic and Rifftrax!

I can't watch enough of Big Bang Theory, Community, and 30Rock. My cousin just got me into Firefly (see a large amount of fans are here!)

Twilight Zone was an amazing show for its time and its stories are still great. And Rod Sterling is from my home area!

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

I have a near unhealthy obsession (ok, maybe this is understating it) for Firefly, Serenity, Dr.Horrible's Sing-along-blog, and the Dresden Files (both books and tv show).

Edit: For the Dresden-verse fans, the monument behind me in my avatar is the location where the Red Court was destroyed!

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/
Guest Snake McClain
I have a near unhealthy obsession (ok, maybe this is understating it) for Firefly, Serenity, Dr.Horrible's Sing-along-blog, and the Dresden Files (both books and tv show).

firefly/serenity is awesome and Dr. Horrible's sing along...i sing it constantly.

Hard to say. I've been a fan of is 1970's/80's shaw brothers kung fu films. My favorites being The 36th Chamber of Shaolin and Eight Diagram Pole Fighter. Years ago I bought a PAL DVD player just so I could play the incredibly restored Chinese versions (the only version at the time). Now you can watch them on youtube.

EDIT: Oh dear God how could I forget Pokemon

Bahahaha! Pokemon never dies!! It ever lingers in the bottom of your game drawer. I have no idea how many years I spent where my life revolved around that all-encompassing media phenomenon.

My fandoms include Game of Thrones (HBO show), A Song of Ice and Fire (books!), the Sookie Stackhouse novels, Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy, Boardwalk Empire, Ayn Rand, World of Warcraft (anyone else a little excited about the Pokemon aspect introduced in the coming expansion?), and, above and beyond all things....

WOODY ALLEN! I'm a nerd, shut up.

Level 1 Maenad Adventurer

STR: 1 --- DEX: 1 --- STA: 2 --- CON: 1 --- WIS: 3 --- CHA: 2

MyFitnessPal

Instagram

firefly/serenity is awesome and Dr. Horrible's sing along...i sing it constantly.

I do too, as well as listen to the soundtrack on occasion, which is sometimes awkward. Like when I am at work...

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/

I don't know about unhealthy-level fandom (once upon a time though... ;) ), but I have I some things that I love despite better judgements of taste sometimes.

I still drink my morning coffee out of either a DV8 mug or a Wildcats mug, there's a poster from one of The Authority relaunches on my office wall and the only mainstream superhero comic that I still read is Stormwatch, so clearly I'm clinging to the old Wildstorm universe a little. I also find myself willing to buy a lot of silly Dragon Age tie-in books and comics, and have several of the Mass Effect action figures on my desk, so clearly Bioware gets my money as well.

I don't buy a lot of physical books these days beyond some non-fiction, but my two exceptions are anything new from Robin Hobb or CS Friedman (and any war comics from Garth Ennis) - I'll buy those in hardcover as soon as they're released.

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

Assassin's Creed, Harry Potter, Assassin's Creed, Rise Against, Assassin's Creed, V for Vendetta and last but definitely not least - Assassin's Creed.

So.... I take it you like assassin's creed ;) It's an awesome franchise. Ready for AC3?

I'm not much of a film buff (nerdy or otherwise), but I'm a fangirl of anything by the Scott brothers, including:

Black Hawk Down

Prometheus

Domino

Man on Fire

Spygame

Gladiator

Bladerunner etc

The Civ games

LOTR

Joe Abercrombie novels

So.... I take it you like assassin's creed ;) It's an awesome franchise. Ready for AC3?

I am very ready and can't wait! Fortunately there's no school for a week when it's released so I'll be in front of my TV until it's been played once. Or twice...

I forgot to mention LoTR though... I love all of Tolkien's tales.

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

Final Fantasy 7. I have beaten it once a year(at a minimum) since it came out. I've done every variation of game type you can think of (speed runs, low level runs, complete games) while beating it and yet I still play it again every year.

Edit: Oh and Counter-Stike...lots and lots of Counter-Strike. Playing it competitively turned it into an obsession I think haha.

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

Devin Townsend. That guy has created a ridiculous amount of music that I absolutely love, be it the face-ripping metal of Strapping Young Lad or the ambient, near new age-y Ghost album. Seriously, if you have any love for music made with electric guitars, check out his discography, chances are that there's at least one album that you will like.

aaand there you go. Fanboying again.

as for the other stuff? Well. idk, A song of Ice and Fire, pretty much anything zombie related, heavy metal in general.

-

Battle Log - Fitocracy - Twitter -

Anti-villain extraordinaire