MISSION 5: The Key Saga: Part III

BarefootDawsy

[MISSION]

With 2 key pieces in hand, we're looking great, but Intelligence tells us that we've got a hard slog ahead of us. Our next target is one of the meanest we'll likely ever face. General Fogg, who led the Enemy army against the Rebel forces during last month's siege, is responsible for more casualties than any other foe we have faced yet. He's positioned himself in a strong strategic location, and surrounded himself with troops. Only with the most cunning battle strategy can we hope to take him down!

[CHALLENGE]

This week we're learning about and developing strategies for hitting our targets and leveling up our lives. It's easy to head out for a run when you feel like it and come home when you get tired, but the reality is that without at least a simple plan, your results will be limited.

So your mission this week is to sit down with a pen and paper, or spreadsheet, log book, whatever, and plan out the rest of your workouts for the next 2 challenge weeks. Be reasonably detailed. You don't have to have an entry for every day, just a plan of what you're going to do for each exercise session.

Participants will gain a +1 WIS bonus, and will be one step closer to the next Level!

[MISSION 4 DEBRIEF]

Count Torpor was a remarkable foe indeed, but with our combined efforts we managed to defeat him. For all of you who managed to get through the Count's Slowing spell and reach the other side, go ahead and level up your Stamina (STA) attribute with a +1.

Well done Scouts!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander

Scout - Level 7

I need an administrative call on Challenge #4. My goals this round are 2 workouts each week and 4 runs/rides; Last week I put in 5 runs, 1 workout, 1 indoor rock climbing session and a light outdoor session as well. Unfortunately, I didn't find/make time to put in my 2nd body weight workout as we were away. My gut tells me that I didn't meet he challenge requirements even though I was very active last week, so what's the call?

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

I did the next 8 months...

[ATTACH]5285[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5286[/ATTACH]

Wicked Pixie and I are training for a full... Can't just wing it lol!

post-4625-13567244817486_thumb.jpg

post-4625-13567244817615_thumb.jpg

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

this week and next week...

Thu-AM hill repeats (:30run, 1:30rest)

PM gym (deadlift, press, pull-up)

Sat-tabata run + easy run to/from work

Sun-gym (squat, bench, row)

Tue-800m x3 @goal mile pace, rest 4minutes

Wed-test deadlift, squat, and press 5RM

Fri-1 mile

Sun-half marathon (13.1)

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

I need an administrative call on Challenge #4. My goals this round are 2 workouts each week and 4 runs/rides; Last week I put in 5 runs, 1 workout, 1 indoor rock climbing session and a light outdoor session as well. Unfortunately, I didn't find/make time to put in my 2nd body weight workout as we were away. My gut tells me that I didn't meet he challenge requirements even though I was very active last week, so what's the call?

I say take the point. You had an extra run and a bonus rock climbing session. You certainly weren't slacking off - go on, you've earned it!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander

Scout - Level 7

This week's workout plan

Monday

Strength (deadlifts, overhead presses, lunges and sit-ups, first day of 3 sets of 8)

Tuesday

Speed day or 2.4k run if not windy + beep test

Wednesday

Strength (Squats, push-ups, bent over rows and jack-knife, last day of three sets of 8)

Thursday

Speed day or 2.4k run if not windy and not done on Tuesday

Friday

Rest day

Saturday

Strength (deadlifts, overhead presses, lunges and sit-ups, first day of 3 sets of 8)

Sunday

2.4k run if not been for one this week, if already done, speed day

Next week's workout plan

Monday

Strength (Bonus workout, Squats, push-ups, bent over rows, jack-knife, 1 set for each, AMRAP using the weight I started with)

Subjected to how long it takes, how hard it was and how I feel afterwards, I will go for a 2.4k run. If I have any problems with it at all, I will turn it into a walk. I also don’t plan on pushing myself too hard.

Tuesday

Run: Speed day + Beep Test

Wednesday

Run: Speed Day

Thursday

Strength (Bonus workout, deadlifts, overhead press, lunges, sit-ups, 1 set for each, AMRAP using the weight I started with)

Once again, subjected to how long it takes, how hard it was and how I feel afterwards, I will go for a 2.4k run. If I have any problems with it at all, I will turn it into a walk. I also don’t plan on pushing myself too hard.

Friday

Rest day (afternoon walk)

Saturday

Run: 2.4k run, will be pushing myself as hard as I can.

Sunday

Run 2.4k run, once again will be pushing myself

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

This is the running training plan I've been working through (currently on week 6):

http://www.halfmarathons.net/training_tips_schedule_intermediate_runners.html

This schedule will take me through November. My ultimate goal right now is training up for the tough mudder -> Starting next month, my husband and I are getting a gym membership and starting strength training on off days from running. Once I'm done with the running program the goal is going to be 3 days of running, and 2 of strength training through to the Tough Mudder (Tue, Thurs, Sat for running and Wed, Sun for lifting).

Level 0 Undine Druid

"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food.†~ Finding Nemo

June challenge thread.

With a new TrainingPeaks account in hand, I mapped out my training plan to get me from my Sprint Tri this weekend to my 10 Mile Race on Oct 21. Precise workouts with time and distance goals, rest days, etc. WOOT. I BEAT GENERAL FOGG!!

[TABLE=width: 700]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wherever you go, there you are.

FSJJunkie (FSJ = Full Size Jeep)

Spartan Scout w/ assassin tendencies

STR:7.75 DEX:7.33 STA:14 CON:5 WIS:7.5 CHA:4

Multisport Athlete (Triathlon/Duathlon/Offroad Triathlon/Adventure)

Previous Challenge

[/TABLE]

@Silvergamma : That's the most straightforward training plan I've seen. Gotta love the simplicity.

Also, good luck/have fun training for the tough mudder, a friend of mine did it and said that he really wished he had done more than just run. (something about a really big hill and a sandbag and really tired legs)

@Shortstuff : What's a beep test? Sounds like fun. (imagining a coyote and a road runner)

@Silvergamma : That's the most straightforward training plan I've seen. Gotta love the simplicity.

Also, good luck/have fun training for the tough mudder, a friend of mine did it and said that he really wished he had done more than just run. (something about a really big hill and a sandbag and really tired legs)

So far the half marathon plan has been pretty good. Enough of a challenge to keep things interesting, without over doing it.

Definitely need to add in a little more for the Tough Mudder than just the running. The wall climbs/upper body stuff especially has me a little concerned. Maybe a goal for the next 6 week challenge will be to do a pull up ;).

Level 0 Undine Druid

"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food.†~ Finding Nemo

June challenge thread.

What's a beep test? Sounds like fun. (imagining a coyote and a road runner)

Beep tests are big in Australia for military fitness tests. Basically there's 2 lines marked out and you have a certain amount of time to run between them. You have to make it to the other line before the 'beep' marking the allotted amount of time to cross the distance. After each crossing, the time gets shorter.

It's actually a pretty cool test as it can give you an indication of your VO2 Max score without needing to be hooked up to a lab. There are a few Android/iPhone apps out there if you want to try it out.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander

Scout - Level 7

Oh, okay! Thanks. Someone I work with told me about that a while back. She had to do it to get on her field hocky team. If I remember right she really wasn't looking foward to it.

If I remember right she really wasn't looking foward to it.

That would be right - most people don't like it, ok more like most people hate it, but I'm weird. I actually look forward to "beep test Tuesday", no idea why, it's not like I'm any good at it and I am yet to get any better at it.

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Rats, normally this challenge would be right up my colourful chart making alley, but I'm away in Corsica all next week and although we're planning on kayaking and hiking, it's all a bit vague what we'll be doing when until we're there.

Hmm, I've just realised while typing that, what I can definitely plan out is a core/planks chart that I can work at every morning before whatever it turns out we're doing for the day. And if I'm doing that, I might as well add a couple of other bodyweight things. Right-ho, where are my coloured pencils?

"she interpreted falling down not merely as a means of improving, but as evidence that she was improving." - Matthew Syed on Shizuka Arakawa.Frost elf assassin after 4 challenges: STR: 11 | DEX: 12 | STA: 7.5 | CON 5 | WIS 7.5 | CHA: 5.5My Fitocracy profile"

Beep tests are big in Australia for military fitness tests. Basically there's 2 lines marked out and you have a certain amount of time to run between them. You have to make it to the other line before the 'beep' marking the allotted amount of time to cross the distance. After each crossing, the time gets shorter.

It's actually a pretty cool test as it can give you an indication of your VO2 Max score without needing to be hooked up to a lab. There are a few Android/iPhone apps out there if you want to try it out.

Sounds like a test we had to do in middle school that we called the Pacer.

Level 2 Nord Scout Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

<STR:5><DEX:5><STA:9><CON:4><WIS:4><CHR:3>

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."

The Surly Centurion

Time: 6:22:00

Total Miles Cycled: 1940.7

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines