• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Fall Brawl for it All (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

Numbers are up. Spezzy is still in the lead, that little minx.

3 PRs for me. Sooo much fun. I might go back to that place, if I can find it again.

i think a NF lifts together day should happen at least monthly, if not bimonthy. going to see how much drop in costs are there :)

So much fun lifting with everyone. Got mine posted. Disappointed with my squat and bench, but thanks to some great advice and critiques on Saturday, I know what I need to do going forward.

Hit my goal for the DL and pushed hard for 10lbs more than I had planned, but it just wasn't happening. Either way, very pleased.

And Spezzy, if group NF lifting sessions start happening, you can expect me to head up there for quite a few of them.

So much fun lifting with everyone. Got mine posted. Disappointed with my squat and bench, but thanks to some great advice and critiques on Saturday, I know what I need to do going forward.Hit my goal for the DL and pushed hard for 10lbs more than I had planned, but it just wasn't happening. Either way, very pleased.And Spezzy, if group NF lifting sessions start happening, you can expect me to head up there for quite a few of them.
:) Awesome!!!And I must say - I was most impressed. Out of the huge group we had, only two of us pulled out weightlifting shoes. Everyone else was squatting these ridiculous numbers in chucks and vibrams.

i think a NF lifts together day should happen at least monthly, if not bimonthy. going to see how much drop in costs are there :)

This should definitely happen. It's $10 for one-time or $35 for 5 drop-ins (that don't need to be used in any specific time frame).

:) Awesome!!!And I must say - I was most impressed. Out of the huge group we had, only two of us pulled out weightlifting shoes. Everyone else was squatting these ridiculous numbers in chucks and vibrams.

Weightlifting shoes? Chucks? Vibrams? I should get some of any of those. :)

But really, I should.

Your numbers are all absurd. If I manage to move back to Boston I'll have to get in on these crazy group lifting sessions.

I may try for this Tuesday at the gym instead of waiting another week -- I want to lift in the evening and I have other commitments that may mean I'd have to rush next week in order to get to them on time. Course, it'll be a lifting day this Tuesday morning, but I'm deloading on rows, so it'll all be light stuff and not too taxing.

icedtrip, if i read it right, its you and me in the 105kg mens category, I'd challenge you but your deadlift absolutely annihilates mine.

I'm impressed with the nerds lifting in boston, something in the water over there...

This was awesome, and I'm glad I went all out for it. Found out that after 10 weeks of lifting I'm 80lbs from the 1000lb club! *do a little dance*

Have fun all!

I'm not sure I'll be able to participate, with my new training schedule (just joined a weightlifting team), and I'm out of town this weekend. I might be able to squeeze it in on the last day... I'd love to try the super total!

I'm in. Men's open 105kg. I'll be lifting on Friday.

Reposting expectations:

Bench 250lbs

Ovhd 145 lbs

Squat 300 lbs*

DL 300 lbs*

*I only have a 300 lb weight set at the house. I will try to get an extra set of 45s in time. If not, I'll do the 5 reps and estimate, just so I have something banked. I realize this will likely not count for the meet, and that's ok.

Good luck everyone.

I think I'm going to have to withdraw. Doesn't look like I'm going to get to go for max's in a way that will fit in with my current program. I'll back in next time though!

man oh man i sucked BALLS today :/ i shouldn't of neglected my benching and should of used a strap instead of just going off deadlifting because of a screwy finger... oh and i found out that the bars at my gym weigh 20kg instead of the 25kg i was told so that makes my last meets numbers (which i've changed cause i'm all honourable n shiz) put me down to 8th instead of the 2nd that i was :'(

ah well my focusing on my squat recently gave me a pretty decent number (with good form unlike last time)

Beware people! I'ma rock the winter meet! powerlifting mode freaking ENGAGED (i WILL get a BW OHP as well)

man oh man i sucked BALLS today :/ i shouldn't of neglected my benching and should of used a strap instead of just going off deadlifting because of a screwy finger... oh and i found out that the bars at my gym weigh 20kg instead of the 25kg i was told so that makes my last meets numbers (which i've changed cause i'm all honourable n shiz) put me down to 8th instead of the 2nd that i was :'(

ah well my focusing on my squat recently gave me a pretty decent number (with good form unlike last time)

Beware people! I'ma rock the winter meet! powerlifting mode freaking ENGAGED (i WILL get a BW OHP as well)

Timmy, as a guy weighing 75kg, you are my hero. The only thing I'm even remotely close on is deadlift and I'm still ~13kg behind you.

Timmy, as a guy weighing 75kg, you are my hero. The only thing I'm even remotely close on is deadlift and I'm still ~13kg behind you.

oh stop it you :flustered: i've been lifting heavy for three years now, aiming almost solely for strength so i really want to be getting bigger numbers, i'm hoping i can do so at the winter meet, as i said, powerlifting mode engaged and i hope i don't gain any weight *fingers crossed*