Icons in signature?

Hi! I'm brand new, and my question is about the icons and titles like "Assassin" in people's signatures. Who do you earn those?

Thank you for any help!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Assassin

STR: 1 | DEX: 2 | STA: 4 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2

Current Goals

Run 5K Terry Fox Run (Sept 16 2012)

Complete 2.4 km run in 12:26

Weigh 175 lbs

Those titles are just for fun, you don't have to "earn" them. If you participate in one of the 6-Week Challenges, you can pick one of the "guilds" that best fits your goals, and post your challenge progress in that forum. The whole idea's sort of like an rpg game, and they first outlined it here. If you want to join one of the guilds, just start a thread in that forum introducing yourself, and you're in! You don't have to do a 6-Week Challenge (although they're AWESOME), and if you do, you don't have to do the rpg-style stats and stuff.

If you want one of the awesome badges, they're linked in this thread, and you can put one in your signature.

Hope that helps! Holler if you've any other questions.

Wood Elf Ranger

LEVEL 1, It don't mean a thing if I don't hear that ding: My Epic Quest

As another newb, I appreciatd the qjestion and good responses.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Okay so I get the icon things but I don't get the stats that come with them. I understand that they are based on RPG's but what do each of them stand for and how do I determine the amount of points they get? Or is it mostly guess work?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attempting Assassin

STR:2 DEX:2 STA:3 CON:2 WIS:3 CHA:5

The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yup, 15 points to start off, and you assign them wherever you think best describes you currently. If you scroll down to the second/third posts here, spezzy explains how those attribute points work. If you participate in one of the 6-Week Challenges, you set your own goals and then decide which attribute you'll level up (and by how much) if you accomplish each goal. Again, there's a 15-point limit for those challenges, and I think you can't award yourself more than +5 in any one attribute at a time.

Throughout the 6-Week Challenge, the mods have also given some mini-challenges that you can do over a weekend to earn an extra point in some attribute. It is crazy how hard I will work to add +1 to some arbitrary number in my signature. Motivation ftw!

Wood Elf Ranger

LEVEL 1, It don't mean a thing if I don't hear that ding: My Epic Quest

Posting a reply just to bring this back to the top. Good newbie info in here, especially if there are going to be new challenges after 17 September (ummm, are there going to be new challenges after the current one ends 17 Sep?).