• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mesquitejinx

21 Day Sugar Detox

Has anyone done it?

I've done it occasionally to reset my blood sugar (I'm hypoglycemic, but since going primal the symptoms are all but gone). I started it again today because I got a little too excited about some dried pineapple one weekend and didn't like the craving.

Just curious what the experiences of others have been :)

Are you going to eliminate ALL forms of sugar, or more along the lines of added and fake sugars? I did a Whole30, so I eliminated all added, artificial, and uncessary sugars, but still had the natural sugar found in fruits and some veggies.

Natural sugar in veggies and nuts is fine, but everything else, including fruit, is out for 21 days. I'm pretty sure the fruit contributed to my cravings for candy (berries, apples and grapes periodically and dried fruit once in awhile). I'm also cutting out diet soda (sob!) and chewing gum (though they don't seem to contribute, I figured it's three weeks and I may as well give it a shot).

If you're doing it to purge cravings, leaving fruit out is probably a good idea, particularly dried fruit. For me, chewing gum and soda of any kind completely mess me up with sugar cravings, so those are good things to eliminate as well. I did fine though with keeping in fruit, my cravings still went away. I had fruit as a snack or added on to a meal when I was still hungry, and not in response to a sugar craving, and I think that makes a difference.