Mastering the elements - and myself.

Hello everyone. Happy to have found this positive and nerdy forum.

My name is Marc, I'm 27, 168 cm tall, and weigh 69 kg, and I have decided to be a better me from now on.

I'm from Copenhagen in Denmark. So please have a little patience with any spelling and grammar mistakes.

I work with metal and welding in my work and in my spare time I'm a big fan of the stories of the avatar. Both Aang and Korra. And the universe surrounding them. The combination of my work and my interest in the avatar is the reason for my name.

Previous attempts at getting healthier and fitter have failed. But only because I wasn't specific about what I wanted to.

I tried the "I wanna get healthier", when I really should have said "I WILL exercise 3 times a week, and I will NOT eat crappy food".

I know this will take a lot of planning. But after examining what I spend my time on each day, I have found that I have enough time gather knowledge, plan and get my life back on track.

I know I can do this. I will not think about what will be lost by changing lifestyle. Because nothing will be lost. No need to cry over bad habits dying.

The avatar spirit will be reborn tomorrow September 16th 2012!

Go Team Avatar! :congratulatory:

PS: I've been lurking in here for a while before signing up. And this community seems awesome! It's wonderful to see how people make an effort to help others they have not even met.

Earth Kingdom Warrior - Level 1

(STR) 3 <> (DEX) 2 <> (STA) 2 <> (CON) 2 <> (WIS) 3 <> (CHA) 3

You must never give into dispair. Allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts.
In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength. - Uncle Iroh

haha, welcome! I'm a huge fan of Aang and his gang, seen every episode and movie (unfortunately EVERY movie). Haven't got around to watching Korra yet, I probably won't until the series is complete and torrent it all. But man, I used to love that show.

Anyways, welcome and good luck with your goals! if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Ohhh man, I lost a good month of my life to Avatar on Netflix. That is just straight-up excellent story telling there. Awesome choice for your forum handle! Are you a blacksmith? Industrial welder? Since I grew up on a farm, I know how to weld just enough to fix broken machinery, and that's as far as my abilities go. Welding is an under-appreciated artform, and I am in awe of people who can do it well.

Wood Elf Ranger

LEVEL 1, It don't mean a thing if I don't hear that ding: My Epic Quest

I think I would describe my profession as welding/metal working/fabrication. Welding tubing/pipes for medical industry. Also making different kind of tables and frames for medical equipment and such. And a lot of strange jobs too. Funny custom jobs. Bar equipment. Living room tables. Hand rails for gardens and boats. All kinds of crazy fun stuff.

Unfortunately my previous work place had a hard time getting customers. So me and two others got fired, and I've been stuck with a less interesting job. But still as a welder. But it's just a question of time, before I'll make someone realise they can't afford NOT to hire me! :)

Earth Kingdom Warrior - Level 1

(STR) 3 <> (DEX) 2 <> (STA) 2 <> (CON) 2 <> (WIS) 3 <> (CHA) 3

You must never give into dispair. Allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts.
In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength. - Uncle Iroh