ridiculous advice from Men's Health

sandymac

Just ran across this small tidbit that I thought you paleo people would find pretty humorous. I just had to laugh at the claim that not only is pasta "good" for your cholesterol, it's also anti-inflammatory AND helps control insulin! Whaddaya know?!

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/lower-your-cholesterol/cholesterol-lowering-pasta.php#slidetop

The article mostly redeems itself from there (mostly), but I had to share!

I laughed at the fast food breakfast sandwich is better than no breakfast. I was rather just fast than eat a FF breakfast sandwich these days.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

Just ran across this small tidbit that I thought you paleo people would find pretty humorous. I just had to laugh at the claim that not only is pasta "good" for your cholesterol, it's also anti-inflammatory AND helps control insulin! Whaddaya know?!

:numbness: Men's Health is usually pretty good. Wow anything to fill content I guess.

Well any magazine or newsletter that has to be filled every month is going to have a few stinkers. I received an A.C.E newsletter a few years ago when Kettlebells were becoming big and the exercises were poorly executed and the guy was in a huge heeled running sneaker. I can tell you they got a few letters over that one. I would wait until next month and see what people send into the letters section.

Race: Mul (Dark Sun, AD&D)

Profession: Battle Monk

Level:1

Str/4 Dex/3 Con/4 Wis/2 Cha/2

You guys do realize that you're following some radical health theories, and Men's Health is a magazine grounded in traditional wisdom. Just think about how old your average health expert is, and what ideas were accepted back when they were learning their jobs.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Kelekona, I'm not so sure about that. the health/fitness profession is a scientific profession and should change accordingly with the new studies and research. What may seem like an old stoggy guy like Louie Simms from Westside still works so that is why he sticks with it and it seems like his techniques are as old as dirt.

Race: Mul (Dark Sun, AD&D)

Profession: Battle Monk

Level:1

Str/4 Dex/3 Con/4 Wis/2 Cha/2

I read Women's Health, and had been impressed with their reasonably recent articles on the Paleo diet and on why fat isn't bad...but I find when they write a good article like that they tend to never apply any of it to their future recommendations (still spouting low fat dogma). I agree that they should keep up with current ideas and many of these health mags do write great articles, but their month-to-month filler stuff is generally grounded in conventional wisdom and I don't really see that changing dramatically any time soon. Anyway, I'm starting to weight train so the recipes in Men's Health that align with paleo (STEAK!) draw me into reading it more and more...

Magazines are nice to look at and flick through, but you have to apply NF's 'Question Everything!' constantly if you want any information that is actually useful. I like looking at the pictures, myself haha

Geah, Level One

Troll Ranger w/ Scout Bias

--STR:2--DEX:3--STA:2--CON:3--WIS:3--CHA:2--

"I get knocked down, but I get up again, and you're never gonna keep me down!"

--CURRENT CHALLENGE--FITOCRACY FEED--

You guys do realize that you're following some radical health theories, and Men's Health is a magazine grounded in traditional wisdom. Just think about how old your average health expert is, and what ideas were accepted back when they were learning their jobs.

radical....maybe, but it is not just theories, it has very solid science behind it.

And that is the problem with the health industry, they continue to follow 'traditional wisdom' without ever evaluating if it is truly the best thing. We, and I mean everyone including paleo/primal, should always research, study, re-evaluate if what we are doing is truly the best way for us.