• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jdanger

Olympic Weightlifting Resources

Ok, all due respect to Rip but if I see Starting Strength recommended for Olympic Weightlifting one more time I just might lose it. :beaten:

Checkout this stuff instead.

Books & DVD's

Start here

More advanced/special interest reads. Some of these are hard to find and/or are more expensive when you do find them. They are generally not as accessible or as applicable to beginners.

Online Resources

Start here

Other

Youtube Channels

Edited by jdanger
Added YT channels

jdanger, I hear low bar squats are best for building strength for olympic lifts and general athleticism. Is this true?

:tongue:

But seriously, thanks for the resources.

Oh you.

What no love for the jump shrug and straight bar path?

My addition: Average Broz YouTube Channel Not much in the way of instruction, just some brutal strong lifts and funny comments.

Yeah, I thought about including other YT channels but that's a whole other bag. Maybe I'll add some later.

This is a good place for me to first mention this. We're trying to make these knowledge bases a good resource to point people to where they can find a lot of good information, and less of a discussion place (hence me moving more general question threads today). This kind of post is pretty much what we're looking for. IF you guys have anything to contribute that isn't here or any ideas for something that should be that we can work on, let me know. I want this board to be a library of knowledge with everything lifting based.

Awesome resources! I just discovered this Coffee's Gym place.. (via LBEB) and turns out.. not too far from me. This could be awesome.

ZOMG, i just looked at Coffee's gym. Sign up and start going there. Now. Then we shall plan an Atlanta Nerd Lifting Extravaganza!

ZOMG, i just looked at Coffee's gym. Sign up and start going there. Now. Then we shall plan an Atlanta Nerd Lifting Extravaganza!

I knew there had to be a way to get you crazy kids to my hood! Yearly membership is cheaper than my globo gym, too. Mind=blown.