Deadlifts:

85lbs x 5

105lbs x 5

115lbs x 5

120lbs x 5

125lbs x 5

WOD:

Christine - 500m row, 12 deadlifts, 21 box jumps - 3 rounds for time

I did this last week as a benchmark for the Lurong Challenge. I did the same set up, 85lb deadlift and 12"box, and did it almost three minutes faster at 15:25.

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: Egg muffins with sausage, peppers, and onions

Lunch: Roasted eggplant with artichoke and red pepper tapenade and tuna fish

Snack: Apple with almond butter

Snack: Banana

Dinner: Two eggs, three slices of turkey bacon

Yesterday's Workout:

Warm-up:

100 jump ropes and 20 burpees, as the first challenge in the Lurong thing. It was in 5 minutes do 100 jump ropes, then as many burpees as you could. I met my goal of 20 :) I hate burpees, I still don't have enough stamina for them.

Shoulder press:

35lbs x 5

40lbs x 5

45lbs x 5

50lbs x 3

55lbs x 1

(My 1RM is 65, but I could barely get 55lbs up last night. Probably due to the burpees beforehand.)

WOD:

100 Burpee Pull-ups - I did a modification to pull-ups where I stepped up on a 45lb weight and jumped up, bringing my chin above the bar. The cap was 20 minutes and I got 75 done, and my coach had me do 5 more for a total of 80. Stupid burpees. I really need to improve my stamina and endurance if I'm going to get faster at them.

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: Banana and 10 pistachios

Lunch: Steamed chicken and veggies, chicken and beef skewers (Chinese food for lunch, stuck with the paleo friendly stuff)

Snack: Apple and almond butter

Dinner: Roasted brussels sprouts, sliced roast beef

Snack: Pumpkin paleo bar

Today's food:

Breakfast: Apple, pumpkin paleo bar

Lunch: Tilapia and mussles with veggies, bacon burger with mushrooms, peppers, and onions (two platefuls at Fire + Ice - one of my favorite restaurants)

Snack: Chocolate hazelnut frozen yogurt with kiwi, strawberries, and raspberries (a cheat, but I got lots of fruit on it instead of more treats)

Dinner: Steak with cauliflower rice and tons of roasted veggies

Snack: Pumpkin paleo bar, dates, almonds

Yesterday's food:

Lunch/dinner: Veggie plate (cucumbers, celery, carrots, peppers), chili (no beans), two burgers (no bun, no cheese), roasted peppers

Snack: Beef jerky, mixed nuts (no peanuts)

Yesterday was a weird day food wise. Didn't eat in the morning because I slept to late. Went to church up in my fiance's hometown, did some shopping, and didn't eat till 2pm. Then just had a small snack on the way home.

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Sliced chicken, bacon, watermelon, pecan pie Larabar

Snack: Freeze dried apples and pears (I think I'm addicted to this stuff, I eat way too much of it)

Dinner: Beef and vegetable soup, paleo banana pancakes

Snack: Freeze dried apples (see what I mean?)

Workout:

Fencing class 1 hour, followed by a couple bouts

Yesterday's Workout:

Back squat:

45lbs x 5

60lbs x 5

70lbs x 5

75lbs x 5

80lbs x 7

WOD:

5 Thrusters (55lbs), 200m run - every three minutes, five rounds

I did each round in about 1:30. Running still sucks for me, everyone else can run so much faster than me and I get so winded :( I'll get there though. Glad I pushed myself with the 55lb thrusters.

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast - Paleo banana pancakes

Lunch - Sliced chicken with bacon and avocado, red pepper slices

Snack - Apple with almond butter

Dinner - Leftover beef and vegetable soup

Snack - Freeze dried apples and pears (yup, addicted to that stuff)

Yay for pushing yourself and finding you can do it! I want to eat all those things you ate. Except maybe the freeze-dried things.

It's the texture that I like mostly, and they're taking the place of eating chips or popcorn. There are a few other types of fruit, but they're either gross or have sugar added. The apples and pears don't have sugar added.

Ugh, I'm tired. I didn't go till bed till almost 2am, got up around 7:30am. I'm going to a costume party this weekend and I have until tomorrow night to finish my costume. Almost done though. Need to add boning and grommets to the corset, sleeves to my jacket, and finish my bustle. I'm making view B of this pattern, except I used long sleeves instead of the half sheer sleeve things: http://www.simplicity.com/p-7517-misses-steampunk-costume.aspx

Anyways.

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: Paleo pancakes, 1/2 sweet potato

Lunch: Left over chicken piccata and brussels sprouts, 1/2 sweet potato

Dinner: Burger with portabella mushrooms and bacon (no cheese/bun), sweet potato fries

Snack: Dates

Because I was tired and starving this morning, I gave into my cravings and got a pumpkin muffin from Dunkin Donuts. My stomach is not a fan of that decision... At least it was delicious, but my mouth has a weird sugary aftertaste going on right now.

Uh, still eating like crap. Like drive thru, fast food crap. Going to get back with it tomorrow. But I don't want to.

Overall, I'm feeling pretty frustrated. After eating Whole30 for 25 days (less two cheat meals), going to CrossFit three times a week, I've only lost a few pounds. I don't think my body has changed much. I don't feel different at all. Even before going Whole30, I wasn't eating terribly, slowly cutting out more and more non-Paleo foods every few weeks. I've been doing CrossFit for almost three months now. I'm getting stronger at CrossFit, able to lift more and do more each time. I'm not as sore after workouts as I did when I first started. I'm getting stronger, but I don't feel it. I don't feel like I have more energy. I've been improving my diet. So why isn't my body changing? A girl who joined my box last month sent in a testimonial saying she's already lost 20 pounds by going to CrossFit and eating paleo. I've lost three. All I can think is, what the fuck is the point if I'm not seeing any results? Not even any small ones? I'm not only going by the scale, my measurements have not changed in over three months.

Everything else I've done before I've seen results, but then after a few weeks I get complacent with my progress and go back to old habits. But I've seen results there. Why isn't it happening this time? Why after keeping up good habits for almost a month did I see or feel nothing?

I've been trying for years to find something that works, and I can't. I don't understand why it's so difficult for me to lose these 30 lbs that I want to lose. Why can't I just say no to food that is horrible for me? Why can't I just have "one small thing" to satisfy cravings - it is never just one thing. Never just one meal or one snack, it turns into several. Every meal I've had since Friday night has been bad. And not just something a little non-paleo, I mean bad.

I know it's difficult, but right now it seems impossible for me to get there. Part of me wants to give up. But I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Before I forget, yesterday's workout:

Back Squat:

40lbs x 5

50lbs x 5

60lbs x 5

65lbs x 3

70lbs x 3

75lbs x 3

WOD: DT

12 deadlifts, 9 hang power cleans, 6 push jerks - 5 rounds for time

I did this at 55lbs in about 14 minutes. What was weird was the coach said the push jerks would be the hardest and to set the weight at what you could do for those, but I had the hardest time with the hang power cleans. I had to do those in sets of 3, while I was able to do the deadlifts and push jerks each in one set.

Ugh, I'm still trying to get back on track with food. Hasn't happened yet. Still in that mind set of "well, I already ate X today/yesterday, it doesn't matter if I eat Y now." I'm trying to break past it.

Still loving CrossFit. Finally got back yesterday. I really need to drag my ass out of bed if I can't make classes after work.

Shoulder press:

40lbs x 5

50lbs x 5

60lbs x 5

70lbs x 3

75lbs x 3

Push press:

65lbs, 3 rounds of 6 reps every 2 minutes

WOD:

AMRAP in 15 minutes

25 hand release pushups (I did these from my knees)

20 kettle bell overhead snatches (18lbs)

15 box jumps (16 inches)

I did three full rounds. Pushups were the hardest for me. I did 16 inch box jumps for the first time (had done 12 inch prior) and had little problem with them, other than a mental block when I did my first one.

Okay, I'm back on track with food. One day down, many more to go. I feel better (mentally) now that I'm eating better again.

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Rainbow salad mix with tuna, avocado, olive oil, and red wine vinegar

Dinner: Chicken and pepper stirfry, cucumber "noodle" salad

Snack: Veggie chips (okay, not paleo...), pomegranate

So I finally got a julienne peeler and OMG it's my new favorite thing ever. I tried it out on some cucumbers last night for a salad and it was so yummy. I can't wait to try it tonight with zucchini.

Yesterday's workout:

Deadlifts:

90lbs x 5

125lbs x 5

140lbs x 3

160lbs x 3

Couldn't get 180lbs :( oh well, next time.

Squat cleans:

55lbs x 6

60lbs x 3

65lbs x 3

I suck at these. It didn't help that my shoulders were not feeling it last night and definitely getting in the way. I can do cleans, and I can squat (air, front, back, etc.) but I cannot do these. I'm going to practice on my form at home with PVC bar.

WOD:

6 barbell lunges on each side (35lbs)

6 pull ups (jumping from a box)

5 minute AMRAP

Rest 2 minutes

6 squat cleans (55lbs)

6 bar facing burpees

5 minute AMRAP

My stupid shoulders made this suck more than it needed too. I don't think it's anything major, just some stiffness.

Ugh, I'm still trying to get back on track with food. Hasn't happened yet. Still in that mind set of "well, I already ate X today/yesterday, it doesn't matter if I eat Y now." I'm trying to break past it.

I know where you are coming from on that one. Ironically, soda (Dr. Pepper is my favorite) is still my kryptonite when it comes to not eating paleo. I could probably work it into my cheats once or twice a week, but I think that is something I will save for when i hit my BF% goal of 10% (still at like 18% right now. :( ). When I was in pain from my back injury it was like, look junk food! Must eat. No will power what so ever!

Keep it up the good work. Glad you are enjoying CF! Looking forward to trying it out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

I guess you can say I totally fell off the wagon here. Doing these updates really helped me stay on track, so I'm going to start them up again. I've been stuck in a major rut, one of those "well I already ate X, so what if I eat Y" cycles.

On the food front, my bridal shower was this past Saturday and I got all sorts of awesome kitchen things, including a mandolin and a fancy food processor. I can't wait to put both to good use and make some awesome food.

Yesterday's food:

Skipped breakfast

Lunch - peanut butter and jelly sandwich (I was lazy and didn't prepare) and an apple

Snack - plantain chips

Dinner - Chicken, zucchini, and onion stir-fry. Delicious

Snack - plantain chips (way too many...)

Yesterday's workout:

Didn't happen. Didn't get up early enough for this morning either. I need to break my snooze bar habit...