Warriors General Chat Thread

spezzy

What should our quote be? (closing Wednesday night)  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What should our quote be? (closing Wednesday night)

• Chalk is paleo.
    • Warriors count tons, not reps.
    • It aint heavy, it's my warmup.
    • When the world feels like it's on your shoulderrs, squat.
    • When life hands you lemons, squat.
    • Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general.

WarriorCrest.jpeg

Hi Warriors!

Welcome to the six week challenge :)

Your guild leaders are Bigm141414, CoreyD, and PatG.

First piece of business, while we're waiting for the challenge to start:

We need to come up with a Motto, or a slogan.

I like wildross's "Warriors count tons, not reps", so I'm throwing that in there.

What say ye? :)

Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Lift heavy things. Put them down. Repeat.

I think that's actually a good one Razor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Titanium Bulwark

Level 4 Goliath Warrior

STR: 14.5 DEX: 7 STA: 12.5 CON: 8 WIS: 9.5 CHA: 5

Out of 100 men in battle, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are real fighters,

Ah, but the one,

One of them is the WARRIOR, And he will bring the others back.

- Hericletus 500 BC

Isaiah 40:31 "..but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

The Marshall White quote from Eat Big Lift Big that goes "If you don't want me to pick it up, you better deadlift it to the floor" is hilarious, too long for a motto though. My vote goes towards Wildross' quote though.

Quick question for you warriors, for this challenge I'm trying to decide on 5/3/1 or continuing with the modified SL 5X5 I'm doing. I'm still making good advances with the SL, but I'm getting very curious about 5/3/1. So any advice/thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

I'm down for Wildross' quote!

BTW, I'm back on this side of the fence!!!!

Great exercise, jumping over fences...

And of course I like the quote/sig thing...

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I vote for the wildross quote! It's all sorts of awesome...

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Wow, look at Spezzy all ahead of the game. I vote for wildross's.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I see what you did there :)

Funny story. I was once browsing the SS boards when my boss came over unannounced to ask me a question. I had to pull up a web based reporting tool and it opened a new tab in my browser. This was the thread I was reading at the time. I didn't notice the title was still prominently displayed until he pointed it out. It was interesting trying to explain it to him.

The Marshall White quote from Eat Big Lift Big that goes "If you don't want me to pick it up, you better deadlift it to the floor" is hilarious, too long for a motto though. My vote goes towards Wildross' quote though.

Quick question for you warriors, for this challenge I'm trying to decide on 5/3/1 or continuing with the modified SL 5X5 I'm doing. I'm still making good advances with the SL, but I'm getting very curious about 5/3/1. So any advice/thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

I also thought of some LBEB stuff (squats do a booty good, etc) but I guess we should be original ish or something, right? boo.

I'm down for Wildross' quote!

BTW, I'm back on this side of the fence!!!!

Yay!

Funny story. I was once browsing the SS boards when my boss came over unannounced to ask me a question. I had to pull up a web based reporting tool and it opened a new tab in my browser. This was the thread I was reading at the time. I didn't notice the title was still prominently displayed until he pointed it out. It was interesting trying to explain it to him.

awwwkward

No hooker is too heavy! ? nah.

So far I'm liking Wildross quote, too.. but I did giggle at "Chalk is paleo"

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines