Warriors General Chat Thread

spezzy

What should our quote be? (closing Wednesday night)  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What should our quote be? (closing Wednesday night)

• Chalk is paleo.
    • Warriors count tons, not reps.
    • It aint heavy, it's my warmup.
    • When the world feels like it's on your shoulderrs, squat.
    • When life hands you lemons, squat.
    • Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general.

Failed you guys on the burpees, didn't remember to do them until yesterday and only got 80 through the day and totally forgot to log them.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Failed you guys on the burpees, didn't remember to do them until yesterday and only got 80 through the day and totally forgot to log them.

Hey, that's better than my big fat zero! I got really sick this weekend :( Next time, warriors, next tiiiiiiiiime!

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Hey, that's better than my big fat zero! I got really sick this weekend :( Next time, warriors, next tiiiiiiiiime!

This was me, too. I got crazy sick Wednesday night and only fully recovered enough to work out yesterday. But, you know, had forgotten about the burpees by then.

Warriors: It ain't heavy, its my warm up

Really diggin this.

Also:

"You can never achieve great success without great exertion"

"You can't push yourself forward by patting yourself on the back"

and of course:

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." - Some guy on Dagobah

"Anything that happens overnight is lacking in foundation."

Will try to remember to add a poll tomorrow to this thread.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Tomorrow when I get to the computer. Sorry, forgot.

500 / 330 / 625

So I'm just going to leave this here. This should be our theme song:

Yeah, that's going to have to go on my lifting play list.

Got more than I thought I would in for the mini challenge. woot.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Poll added, closes 72 hours from this post.

500 / 330 / 625

Remember ladies, squats make you bootyfull.

500 / 330 / 625

I want this in shirt form!!!

LoL, my wife and I came up with it this morning while listening to that damn overplayed One Direction song. Need one of those MamaT Ryan Gosling memes for it too.

500 / 330 / 625

What song?

What Makes You Beautiful, I had to look it up because I don't know song names.

500 / 330 / 625

What Makes You Beautiful, I had to look it up because I don't know song names.

HA! And all of a sudden, I like that song hahaha

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Hmmmm the new NF performance tshirts have a custom option. Time to order a Warrior specific shirt!

Wait. I missed new shirts?!?! Must. Get. Now.

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines